Music Revival - Eminem Album | Also Kamikaze

prath92

Two singles released

Walk on water (ft. Beyoncé)

River (ft. Ed Sheeran)

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Been listening to it all day. I like it, but there was no shady voice which I guess is to be expected?
Untouchable and believe are probably my favourites so far.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
These are genuine lyrics he's used in the album:

"I'm so narcissistic, when I fart I sniff it, do a fake dab and sniff my armpits with it”

"You got buns I got aspergers/ass burgers"

"You got an ass thick as them accents"

“As pressure increases, like khakis”

"Lets get turnt like a shish kebab"

"This pickle that we're in is hard to deal/dill"

"Your head game is a mind feck"

"Booty is heavy duty like diarrhea"

“I’m at your neck like pez dispensers”

“Cause real tits are still fun but everyone knows that fake tits are still better than real ones"

“Grabs the crown off my dick and blows me to kingdom come”

"Like Johnny, he'll only unite us/Unitas"

“Asked her if she wants a computer lodged up her vagina, said my dick is an apple, she said put it inside her/cider”

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Walk on Water sounds like it hasn't been finished yet.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Also Ed Sheeran on any sort of hip hop or rap album is just disgusting. Although it would be a funny parody if he just turned up randomly on every hip hop album ever released from today. Looking forward to seeing him, the Game and Kendrick Lamar sitting on a hill somewhere in Wales.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Eminem is an all-time rap icon, but he's shitting on his legacy these past few releases with horrid, sub-standard records. He should've left the scene after 'The Eminem Show'. Practically everything after that has been bland and uninspiring.

luke511

All boils down to the plastic, over produced pop instrumentals. Where's the raw sound that made hip hop what it is? These modern studios have completely destroyed it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
All boils down to the plastic, over produced pop instrumentals. Where's the raw sound that made hip hop what it is? These modern studios have completely destroyed it.
Yet these plastic instrumentals get hundreds of millions of views on YouTube etc. I don't get it, it sounds horrible.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
A lot of it boils down to rappers realising their producers make more off an album than they do, and trying to DIY it. Eminem’s decline can be traced to when he stopped using Dre as the creative force behind hisnaoind. Even this album, which has a fair amount of good guest producers, has Em listed on half of them.

ravi2

The music sounds dated now, its almost a parody of what he used to be.
If he wants to stay musically relevant, he needs to get Dre producing for him again

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Thoroughly forgettable album, poor production was only one of the issues. He doesn't have any of the word play, swagger or humor he used to have in his lyrics.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
A lot of it boils down to rappers realising their producers make more off an album than they do, and trying to DIY it. Eminem’s decline can be traced to when he stopped using Dre as the creative force behind hisnaoind. Even this album, which has a fair amount of good guest producers, has Em listed on half of them.
Eminem's decline can be linked to a lot of things but even when he was good I wouldn't say the beats he was rapping over were particularly great or interesting. His beat selection has always been off, I mean this is a man who had The Alchemist as his DJ for all these years and never tapped him for a beat once. Also Dre helmed Relapse and that album has aged terribly (and it's not because of the beats).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How many icons actually stay at the top of their game as they age? Struggling to think of any at all.

It’s no shock that 45 year old Eminem no longer had his finger on the pulse. He got where he was through pure dedication and determination. I doubt he spends even a fraction of he time he used to on his music.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How many icons actually stay at the top of their game as they age? Struggling to think of any at all.

It’s no shock that 45 year old Eminem no longer had his finger on the pulse. He got where he was through pure dedication and determination. I doubt he spends even a fraction of he time he used to on his music.
Jay-Z seems to stay relevant even today.

Sweet Square

Eminem's decline can be linked to a lot of things but even when he was good I wouldn't say the beats he was rapping over were particularly great or interesting. His beat selection has always been off, I mean this is a man who had The Alchemist as his DJ for all these years and never tapped him for a beat once. Also Dre helmed Relapse and that album has aged terribly (and it's not because of the beats).
:lol:

Well that was a very very bad idea.

It’s no shock that 45 year old Eminem no longer had his finger on the pulse.
Pretty much, his best stuff in my view is when he's satirising the public view of himself and pop culture. The more seriously stuff(Barring a few tracks)never works as well. Although this new stuff being god awful isn't anything new, he's been shite for a very long time.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I wish he picked better beats. I'm not a fan of the Rick Rubin stuff.

Lyrically he's declined tremendously. He's basically the Simpsons where the first part of his career was pure brilliance but now judging his career as a whole, he's got more terrible outputs than great ones.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Didn't think much to the album at all. I like "At Home" and "Arose" but nothing else on it really grabbed me.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I've not listened to the new album yet, but I've heard walk on water and thats shit enough to put me off listening to the whole thing. The old Eminem is gone unfortunately, days of collaborating with fellow rappers like Dre, Snoop, Xzibit, d12, Royce da 5'9, Nate Dogg etc are over and now it's just commercial pop/rap chorus singalongs with Rihanna, ed sheehan, Beyonce, pink to keep current and chart relevant.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Sure, but my main point is that popular hip hop has always relied on the beats more than the raps. If rapping was the main draw (which it largely should be, obviously) then Big L would be as feted as Biggie & 2Pac, Deck & GZA would be the most popular Wu Tang members, Chester P & Jehst would be bigger than any UK Grime artist, and Canibus would have a career.

Sad fact of the matter is that beats maketh the man in commercial rap. Middling artists like 50 Cent can become legends off the back of a single banging beat. And while Eminem was admittedly one of the few rappers to blow up in the 90s to actually deserve his success, it was nevertheless the result of Dre’s promotion, and populist hit factory beats (made in his halcyon 2001 era) that made him such a star.

And don’t get me wrong, the two tracks I’ve listened to off this album are easy better lyrically than 90% of the shit that’s popular now. But as a contemporary release, I can see why it hasn’t landed. It’ll probably date quite well. But if it cant be played at clubs, or over montages, it’s got no cultural currency. His SS and MM beats may not have been classics, but they were zeitgeist at the time. His rapping hasn’t got any worse, he just hasn’t rapped over anything relevant for an age.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I've not listened to the new album yet, but I've heard walk on water and thats shit enough to put me off listening to the whole thing. The old Eminem is gone unfortunately, days of collaborating with fellow rappers like Dre, Snoop, Xzibit, d12, Royce da 5'9, Nate Dogg etc are over and now it's just commercial pop/rap chorus singalongs with Rihanna, ed sheehan, Beyonce, pink to keep current and chart relevant.
I wouldn't say no to a collaboration with him, could do with the money right now!

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Been shite since 2004. Not sure how he still commands this much attention.

Acole9

Outstanding
The two songs I heard prior to the release on Spotify are absolutely dreadful.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Unless Dre is producing, he should stop. The beats are weak & the lyrics are past the sell by date.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
That first song is interesting but the Beyonce bit is literally painful to listen to. Why has he smothered the track in tacky Simon Cowell approved mawkish pop warbling? And who are the cnuts that actually like those takeaway and tv trash ballads?

hobbers

The fairly decent Rihanna songs obviously skewed their perception of reality.

Rap and pop don't mix. Ed Sheeran and Eminem, my fecking word.