Music Revival - Eminem Album | Also Kamikaze

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Think it's a poor line personally. His other lines are usually fairly clever at the same time as being shocking, but this one was just shitty and forced, and obviously unnecessarily shitty to those involved.
And just because it's rap or Eminem doesn't mean it's fair game. Some of the excuses for it are weak.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Wasn't that the mum of one of the victims of the attack? I remember thinking it was a dumb comment but due to the person saying it I thought a pass was earned.
If that’s the case then yea that’s a bit different; I only skimmed the article.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Think it's a poor line personally. His other lines are usually fairly clever at the same time as being shocking, but this one was just shitty and forced, and obviously unnecessarily shitty to those involved.
And just because it's rap or Eminem doesn't mean it's fair game. Some of the excuses for it are weak.
What’s wrong with the line?

DoomSlayer

After listening more thoroughly and mainly through my headphones, I feel like You Gon' Learn is potentially the best Royce and Em track, ever. The production is phenomenal.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What’s wrong with the line?
It's just not very good, and I don't get the reason for doing it. Whatever people say, it is disrespectful, like it's downplaying kids dying? The guy is nearly 50 years old.
For what it's worth, I've been a fan of his since the Slim Shady LP, so know what he's like.

Roosney

Can't stand his music and voice at all anymore. I think his career peak was when Noreaga called him a blonde ostrich.
All the songs got the same formula; he starts mellow and by the third verse he’s angry at something and shout-raps some lame shite.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His voice really grates me now. I'm in this weird position of defending Eminem but also being very disappointed and done with his music at the same time.

Royce's latest work is miles better than Eminem's.

DoomSlayer

Can't stand his music and voice at all anymore. I think his career peak was when Noreaga called him a blonde ostrich.
All the songs got the same formula; he starts mellow and by the third verse he’s angry at something and shout-raps some lame shite.
:lol: I just have to laugh at how clueless this comment is, especially the "formula" part. Shout out to The DOC for the real Formula.

I've always been realistic about the criticism of Eminem in the past decade in terms of musical production, because it has a lot of merit, but when people start talking horseshit about his lyrical abilities and skill to create rhyme schemes, they lose me completely because it just turns into some hater shit.

It's like the Nas debate and how loads of people say he picks horrible beats too often nowadays, but you just can't fecking downplay his lyricism and skill as an MC, it's blasphemous.

I honestly don't get the harsh words about Eminem's work lately. I guess his catalog and tendency of being offensive is finally catching up in this new world of overdramatic people, who love to judge things on the surface, rather than try and go deeper into the subject and what is actually been said. I mean, saying his voice sounds shit is just clownish, the guy is 47 years old. Jay-Z is 50 and sounds obviously older but I don't see nobody talking shit about him.

I think what really "grates" a lot of you is you just can't keep up with his music and the way he tries to uphold the artform and the culture. That's why nowadays total garbage like "Gucci gang" and Tekashi 69 becomes so easily popular, even the biggest simpletons can rock with that stuff, you don't need a vast vocabulary or understanding much of anything, except some simplistic things like being a party animal or a wannabe tough guy.

Last edited:

Lay

:lol: I just have to laugh at how clueless this comment is, especially the "formula" part. Shout out to The DOC for the real Formula.

I've always been realistic about the criticism of Eminem in the past decade in terms of musical production, because it has a lot of merit, but when people start talking horseshit about his lyrical abilities and skill to create rhyme schemes, they lose me completely because it just turns into some hater shit.

It's like the Nas debate and how loads of people say he picks horrible beats too often nowadays, but you just can't fecking downplay his lyricism and skill as an MC, it's blasphemous.

I honestly don't get the harsh words about Eminem's work lately. I guess his catalog and tendency of being offensive is finally catching up in this new world of overdramatic people, who love to judge things on the surface, rather than try and go deeper into the subject and what is actually been said. I mean, saying his voice sounds shit is just clownish, the guy is 47 years old. Jay-Z is 50 and sounds obviously older but I don't see nobody talking shit about him.

I think what really "grates" a lot of you is you just can't keep up with his music and the way he tries to uphold the artform and the culture. That's why nowadays total garbage like "Gucci gang" and Tekashi 69 becomes so easily popular, even the biggest simpletons can rock with that stuff, you don't need a vast vocabulary or understanding much of anything, except some simplistic things like being a party animal or a wannabe tough guy.
:lol: this post is all over the place

DoomSlayer

It's fecking amazing. Royce is so versatile, he doesn't get enough praises for me.
It's a masterpiece, the beat is incredible and the verses are top class.

What do you think about Yah Yah? I've seen some "old heads" say this is a straight throwback to the early to mid 90s fans and a homeage to Busta and Das EFX, the Yah Yah part is from Busta's track "Woo Hah, Got You All In Check". Royce, Em, Black Thought and Q-Tip on the same track, when you start to catch the lyrics properly, it's just crazy the way these guys can paint a picture so skillfully. If you think about it, this joint has parts of Slaughterhouse, The Roots, A Tribe Called quest and D12 in it, what an insane collaboration. :lol:

Eminem pretty much shouted out and paid a tribute to almost all the pioneers and iconic figures in the history of hip hop at the end of his verse. This is so needed so the younger generations are told about how this culture and genre became so worldly renowned, and also to honour the efforts, work and sacrifices that were put in by the originators.
:lol: this post is all over the place
It would be so much easier if you at least tried to say something meaningful. Unless you are a Tekashi 69 fan. Then I understand your struggles.

Last edited:

Lay

@DoomSlayer :lol: take your pseudo shit elsewhere. Referencing The DOC or Nas doesn’t give your post more credibility.

Not liking the new Eminem album doesn’t mean people don’t understand Eminem or that they’re snowflakes or it’s because they like new age rappers. You come across as ridiculous.

Eminem’s new album is lyrically good, still has corny punchlines here and there but so do the greats. Production is good. Am I liking every track? Nah. Do I like his voice especially when he starts shouting? Not overly. It fits now and then but after a couple of songs I’d rather not listen to it.

Eminem has been doing this since the late 90s. Not many rappers can keep a catalogue going for that long (if any) and still be hitting ears the same. Nas, Jay etc released albums last year (or year before) and I couldn’t listen to them neither. All their old stuff is mostly brilliant, but like Eminem, am I really going to get wowed by him after this many projects? Nope. Am I going to become tired of him? Yup.

I’m huge Bone Thugs fan, if all 5 members came together to release a new album, I wouldn’t be that excited. I’d listen to it but it isn’t for me in 2020. I still haven’t heard Bizzy’s latest solo project as I’ve done heard all I can hear.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Eminem. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the American language most of the jokes will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Em's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Eminem truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Em's existential catchphrase "Will the real Slim Shady please stand up," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Marshall Mathers' genius wit unfolds itself on their stereos. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Eminem tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

DoomSlayer

@DoomSlayer :lol: take your pseudo shit elsewhere. Referencing The DOC or Nas doesn’t give your post more credibility.

Not liking the new Eminem album doesn’t mean people don’t understand Eminem or that they’re snowflakes or it’s because they like new age rappers. You come across as ridiculous.

Eminem’s new album is lyrically good, still has corny punchlines here and there but so do the greats. Production is good. Am I liking every track? Nah. Do I like his voice especially when he starts shouting? Not overly. It fits now and then but after a couple of songs I’d rather not listen to it.

Eminem has been doing this since the late 90s. Not many rappers can keep a catalogue going for that long (if any) and still be hitting ears the same. Nas, Jay etc released albums last year (or year before) and I couldn’t listen to them neither. All their old stuff is mostly brilliant, but like Eminem, am I really going to get wowed by him after this many projects? Nope. Am I going to become tired of him? Yup.

I’m huge Bone Thugs fan, if all 5 members came together to release a new album, I wouldn’t be that excited. I’d listen to it but it isn’t for me in 2020. I still haven’t heard Bizzy’s latest solo project as I’ve done heard all I can hear.
Well that wasn't so hard, was it? I totally respect your opinion when you put it like that, when it comes to music and the rhythm in particular, taste is the main thing so it's very subjective. I apologise if my remark was tasteless.

My point is about the people who go overboard and call Eminem washed, never-been-great and just hating in general. Fair enough you don't rock with it anymore, I dislike 2 or 3 tracks from the new album, but after listening to it more thoroughly, it definitely has grown on me and the actual content and the concept is great, in my opinion. But I agree that music is a lot about being relatable, so with time someone might not be what you rock with, because people change and so do their interests.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Eminem. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the American language most of the jokes will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Em's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Eminem truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Em's existential catchphrase "Will the real Slim Shady please stand up," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Marshall Mathers' genius wit unfolds itself on their stereos. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Eminem tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
Did you put the Russian references because I'm Bulgarian or am I bugging? :lol: Top marks for the sarcasm though. I'm here if you actually want to talk about it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

:lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Red_Aaron

Bravo :lol:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

Roosney

This post is so funny that people of low IQ level reading it will stick nine inch nails through their eyelids. I know I did not

Roosney

I have no idea about his lyrical skills these days because I simply don't care. He's been riding the same angry boy shock value wave since forever so it's gotten played out and boring.

DoomSlayer

I have no idea about his lyrical skills these days because I simply don't care. He's been riding the same angry boy shock value wave since forever so it's gotten played out and boring.
So how do you know what he's riding, if you don't listen to him?

A lot of you say you don't care about Eminem, yet take the time to mock him or call him out when the topic comes around.

gza the genius

“Like a liar’s pants, I’m on fire”

Truly the work of a genius and not embarrassing at all for a 47 year old man to be saying these things.

I loved early Eminem as much as anyone but he’s just a rich corny old white man now trying to stay relevant. I’m not sure why he doesn’t just take his money and sit on a beach somewhere.

ravi2

Yall really dont like the new album? I find it to be his best work in years

DoomSlayer

Yall really dont like the new album? I find it to be his best work in years
Even Joe Budden said in his podcast that the album is fire and he was like "Come on Em, stop dissing me, it's not a personal problem anymore." :lol:

Roosney

So how do you know what he's riding, if you don't listen to him?

A lot of you say you don't care about Eminem, yet take the time to mock him or call him out when the topic comes around.
I listen to a few songs or the first singles when he drops an album.

lsd

The Oracle
“Like a liar’s pants, I’m on fire”

Truly the work of a genius and not embarrassing at all for a 47 year old man to be saying these things.

I loved early Eminem as much as anyone but he’s just a rich corny old white man now trying to stay relevant. I’m not sure why he doesn’t just take his money and sit on a beach somewhere.

There is no age limit on rap its not boy bands like.

Eminem is still more relevant to rap than any little tattooed mumbling emo twat trying to rhyme about gucci and cough syrup

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
It's just not very good, and I don't get the reason for doing it. Whatever people say, it is disrespectful, like it's downplaying kids dying? The guy is nearly 50 years old.
For what it's worth, I've been a fan of his since the Slim Shady LP, so know what he's like.
He literally got famous rapping about committing domestic abuse, murder and rape in the first person. There is nothing in this new lyric, it's so pathetically tame in comparison it's an absolute non issue. As it was online too, with every article about how the 'internet was slamming it' finding about 5 tweets worldwide to quote as some kind of evidence while everyone else laughed it off.

Lay

Does Lord Jamar live with Vlad or something? :lol:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

The few that I heard from Bizzy’s new album were actually pretty good. Good smoking and chilling music in my opinion.

Give this one a try:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Listened to the album a fair bit now. Some really good tracks and some ok tracks. Not as good as kamikaze but still levels above some of the utter shit hip-hop albums I hear in the recent few years.

Cole9

I thought this new album was dreadful, just like all of the albums he's released in recent years. At his peak, he was a genius and I used to be a massive fan. However, he hasn't released a good album / collection of songs since The Eminem Show / 8 Mile Soundtrack. He went too far with this line and it seems to be just another desperate attempt for attention and to stay relevant. Unfortunately, he'd already tarnished his legacy long ago and at this point he's beyond an embarrassment.

United58

I thought this new album was dreadful, just like all of the albums he's released in recent years. At his peak, he was a genius and I used to be a massive fan. However, he hasn't released a good album / collection of songs since The Eminem Show / 8 Mile Soundtrack. He went too far with this line and it seems to be just another desperate attempt for attention and to stay relevant. Unfortunately, he'd already tarnished his legacy long ago and at this point he's beyond an embarrassment.
The Marshall Mathers LP has an entire song about killing his wife with his baby daughter and a line about being the Columbine school shooter :lol: fair enough if you don't like his new stuff but he's always been this edgy

Cole9

The Marshall Mathers LP has an entire song about killing his wife with his baby daughter and a line about being the Columbine school shooter :lol: fair enough if you don't like his new stuff but he's always been this edgy
He went too far in the past as well. Specifically with the Columbine example, "kids" and "Columbine" were censored from that song. With him being a kid that was regularly bullied at school, you could perhaps see his misguided reasoning for that line. Surely though, as a 47-year-old man with a grown-up daughter, he should now be mature enough to know that joking about an event where kids got blown up by a terrorist is a bit much?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Seen some Darkness reaction vids and the consensus from Americans seems to 'yeah he has a point but restricting guns won't solve anything, they'll just start killing with knives and trucks instead'. I used to think scousers were deluded but Americans take it to the next level.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Considering physical sales are so far down, I don’t know why he doesn’t release super tight 8 track albums. There’s no need to include average filler. He could have had another great album without so much of the shite on there. Lots of it is among his best ever work.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
His voice really grates me now. I'm in this weird position of defending Eminem but also being very disappointed and done with his music at the same time.

Royce's latest work is miles better than Eminem's.
Yeah, I've lost a lot of interest since his voice change. Guess the drugs and natural ageing played a big impact.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He has various voice tones he uses, I'm not a fan of the high pitched teenager voice he does like on Till I collapse, lyrics were good and Nate killed it but his voice was irritating.