Music Revival - Eminem Album | Also Kamikaze

Gazza

Killshot has so many lines that need to be picked apart to be fully appreciated. I listened to it the first time and thought it was decent, but on multiple listens it's clear his mind works at ridiculous speeds when he crafts his music.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Killshot has so many lines that need to be picked apart to be fully appreciated. I listened to it the first time and thought it was decent, but on multiple listens it's clear his mind works at ridiculous speeds when he crafts his music.
True. The man is ridiculious with his double meanings and word plays. The Kamikaze album is basically just that, a mindfeck

haram

Kamikaze is a small step up from his usual terrible work these days.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Kamikaze is one the best rap albums I have ever listened to. I'm lost for words at some of Eminem's lines, he's a fecking genius. The G.O.A.T of rapping
It was impressive lyrically but really didn’t have that much else to it, in my opinion. Especially compared to the Eminem Show and MMLP. I don’t like Eminem when he’s not really saying anything of note.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It was impressive lyrically but really didn’t have that much else to it, in my opinion. Especially compared to the Eminem Show and MMLP. I don’t like Eminem when he’s not really saying anything of note.
Tbh he did say plenty of note to a lot of different people but I get you. I feel like we all know about his life and his history so there was no point to really talk about those subjects all over again.

The Look Alive rip off is genuinely terrible.
I feel you, you're still a little harsh IMHO.
edit: I think you're incredibly harsh lolz

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Kamikaze is one the best rap albums I have ever listened to. I'm lost for words at some of Eminem's lines, he's a fecking genius. The G.O.A.T of rapping
Really? I positevely can think of numerous albums that are better than Kamikaze. Each to their own, though. I respect your opinion and I'm a big Em fan.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Eminem has the same birthday as me which is why my posts have such a natural

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Dropped a new album today (Music To Be Murdered By). Collabs with Royce Da 5'9" again, Ed Sheeran, Juice WRLD (love that), Anderson .Paak and others.

Gonna give it a listen later today.

Last edited:

Barnslig

Did Eminem just out-do Rap God on Godzilla? That was sick. Just listening through the album now, at Leaving Heaven as of writing, loving it so far.

TrustInOle

Well god dayum! Eminem answering his critics well and truly in the Intro song and always find him to be lyrically at his best with a point to prove. Which is laughable there even is one any more. Half the time I think he purposely sets up the corners he always seems backed into.

Very excited after the first track, premonition and will give the rest a listen after work, would welcome peoples opinons and their highlights.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
His first 2 albums were great but he’s ‘of his time’ and has nothing of relevance to say anymore. Like a lot of artists and bands, great early material about their early lives but once rich, nothing more to say.

AaronRedDevil

If hes ever going another tour. I have to go this time. Didn't come to Ireland last time which bummed me out. Even if he's in England, I'm still going hah.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Loving the album so far. Up to Darkness - that song is incredible.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Is he actually saying anything this time? I liked the last album due to his rap skills but there wasn't really any substance to the songs that would make go back and listen to it again.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Is he actually saying anything this time? I liked the last album due to his rap skills but there wasn't really any substance to the songs that would make go back and listen to it again.
I've finished it. No, he isn't saying anything.

It's just more mint lyricism, so its all down to how much you can get out of purely impressive lyrics and wordplay.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Got to about halfway on my way into work today, seems decent so far the first track Godzilla and Darkness the standouts so far. Mac Miller's posthumous album also dropped today so looking forward to that, I absolutely loved Swimming.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'd completely forgotten Revival existed until I saw this thread bumped. Comfortably one of the worst albums I listened to in the last decade.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Enjoyed that. Lyrically he’s still excellent & it was nice to hear a few Dre beats.

‪Premonition, Godzilla, Darkness, Leaving Heaven were my favourites.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I've finished it. No, he isn't saying anything.

It's just more mint lyricism, so its all down to how much you can get out of purely impressive lyrics and wordplay.
Yeah just had a listen, I think it's better than his last one, seems less bitter and gone back to his roots a bit. Although, I do think there is some more substance to this one, the songs about mass shootings, his mum and the step father song bring back memories of the old Shady. I'm quite pleasantly surprised actually, I will go back and listen again.

Gazza

I've heard this comment before. Genuinely curious - what should he be saying? Rap/Hip-hop has had plenty of music with a deep message but just as much/if not more is about the MC showing their technical prowess. After 20+ years making music, Eminem has probably said as much as he can in terms of his life and the things he wanted to shine a light on, but I'm glad we get to hear his flow and word play now, when it's arguably at its peak. People said a track like Fall or The Ringer was just about disses, but it contains some of his best rhyming and word plays even without saying anything 'new'. I guess it feels like Eminem is held to a standard that most artists aren't, in that sense. Genuine comment, btw, not meant as a comment on you, 2mufc0!

And sorry, I just saw your follow up post... I get it, but not sure if taking on topics like mass shootings actually makes the end product any better, although of course it's quite wonderful to see someone with his platform and profile supporting gun control.

MDFC Manager

Not sure it will endure, but loved Darkness. Still got a few songs left to listen to