Revolution in Iran

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Ali Daei has travelled to Saqqez for Mahsa Amini's 40th day of passing memorial, and according to latest reports his hotel has been attacked by IRGC operators and he's been taken to an unknowin government hotel, so he won't be able to present at the event tomorrow.

They've kidnapped our greatest ever football player ...
Hope he's ok, best wishes to all the brave folks out there speaking out and demonstrating.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Hanks

Typical regime tactics to distract from the protests. Similar to fire at Evin, Metropol today collapsing in Abadan, and now this.

Anyways, videos coming out today are insane. There are sooo many people on the street and fighting against Shi'a ISIS. I'll post once I'm free this evening, but this one let's do it now.

The balls of this man attacking the Basiji as he's getting read to shoot the protestors.

btw, this video just came out yesterday....watch to the very very end .... a 35-year old mother murdered in cold blood for crime of filming the events from her car seat and she gets shot dead as she's narrating what's happening.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Typical regime tactics to distract from the protests. Similar to fire at Evin, Metropol today collapsing in Abadan, and now this.

Anyways, videos coming out today are insane. There are sooo many people on the street and fighting against Shi'a ISIS. I'll post once I'm free this evening, but this one let's do it now.

The balls of this man attacking the Basiji as he's getting read to shoot the protestors.

btw, this video just came out yesterday....watch to the very very end .... a 35-year old mother murdered in cold blood for crime of filming the events from her car seat and she gets shot dead as she's narrating what's happening.

That’s horrific.

Simbo

Russia quells any potential uprising before it has chance to really take root. Looking like it might be passed the point of no return in Iran.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Probably not as deeply as you.
They were pretty good at suppressing protests then - certainly at least as good as the Russians have been. Putin should therefore focus on saving his own hide instead of giving Khamenei tips on how to avoid getting beheaded.

The Firestarter

They were pretty good at suppressing protests then - certainly at least as good as the Russians have been. Putin should therefore focus on saving his own hide instead of giving Khamenei tips on how to avoid getting beheaded.
The thing is, though, Putin has never seen protests at the level currently in Iran, and doesn't seem it is likely either.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The thing is, though, Putin has never seen protests at the level currently in Iran, and doesn't seem it is likely either.
Yes, because the situation there is a bit more dire. All of these autocracies will fall shortly based primarily on the specific situations in each nation.

Spark

Iran is perfectly capable of killing its own citizens without Russian advice. They can still drag in Hezbollah on top of using the Basij/IRGC. Russia might be able to advise on how to effectively incarcerate thousands though.

These protests definitely seem to be taking root, which is fantastic albeit bloody (sadly no other way in toppling this regime from within). With the amount of people getting killed you'll have large gatherings every 40 days to mark the end of the mourning period, just like in 1979. The only issue is that there is no unified opposition, although that also has the silver lining of the regime not knowing who silence unlike in 2009.

No one knows how this is going to end, which isn't something you could say with previous protests.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So are the protests still as widespread or have they died down? News has gone quiet a bit.

Hanks

So are the protests still as widespread or have they died down? News has gone quiet a bit.
All the videos I'm gonna post are from the last 3 days:

Tehran Metro

Arak today, funeral of 19-year old super chief, Mehrshad Shahidi who died in custody 2 days ago....his Instagram page was pure food art....

Regime deploying Snipers to shoot from the roof

many such videos of the youth taking mullah's torbunes to the ground...many mullahs now scared to walk with their normal clothing

Zahedan yesterday (where even the local mullahs have officially condemned and called Khamenei and IRGC murderers)

People marching to Mahsa's grave in Saqqez on Wednesday

city of Mahabad in Western Iran on Thursday....people took over the governer's office and all security forces had to withdraw

Mashhad University today

and there is more.....The genie is never going back to the bottle...I talk to friendsi n Iran and the mood is VERY revolutionary. many rumours of families of top regime elite leaving.
IRGC main commander today warned that today better be the last day of protests or they'll ratch up the suppression from tomorrow ( a warning) , but I suspect it'll just fuel the anger.

When I talk to people in Iran, the mood is that the mullahs and IRGC people will be hunted down the way Mossad hunted down Nazi collaborators and officials...the level of hatred, despise and anger for the regime and its supporters is off the chart.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
All the videos I'm gonna post are from the last 3 days:

Tehran Metro

Arak today, funeral of 19-year old super chief, Mehrshad Shahidi who died in custody 2 days ago....his Instagram page was pure food art....

Regime deploying Snipers to shoot from the roof

many such videos of the youth taking mullah's torbunes to the ground...many mullahs now scared to walk with their normal clothing

Zahedan yesterday (where even the local mullahs have officially condemned and called Khamenei and IRGC murderers)

People marching to Mahsa's grave in Saqqez on Wednesday

city of Mahabad in Western Iran on Thursday....people took over the governer's office and all security forces had to withdraw

Mashhad University today

and there is more.....The genie is never going back to the bottle...I talk to friendsi n Iran and the mood is VERY revolutionary. many rumours of families of top regime elite leaving.
IRGC main commander today warned that today better be the last day of protests or they'll ratch up the suppression from tomorrow ( a warning) , but I suspect it'll just fuel the anger.

When I talk to people in Iran, the mood is that the mullahs and IRGC people will be hunted down the way Mossad hunted down Nazi collaborators and officials...the level of hatred, despise and anger for the regime and its supporters is off the chart.
Damn! Protests still very alive then. Thanks for your insights in Iranian mood.

Hanks

^ Yes! I suspect a more ruthless crackdown will start tomorrow after IRGC's commander warning, but every person killed, brings more people on the streets.

As you can see today in Arak city, and for 40th day anniversary of Mahsa and Nika's murders.

also regarding crackdown, Shi'a ISIS doesn't need anyone's help. They kill with no impunity, only way it could get worse is tanks on the streets.

This is a very sweet and short video of history of Iranian protests in the last 43 years and the crackdown that followed.

After 2009, the belief in any reform was squashed and starting 2017 the slogans and chants started targeting the whole regime, and Khamenei and Khomeini itself, and now of course the chants are getting more vulgar than ever.
You have to understand Persian, but some are so funny, but really intense vulgarity towards Khamenei, the regime, Basij and IRGC.

Also in this video you'll notice, there's been protests in Iran every year since 2017, barring peak Covid in 2020. The momentum and anger had been building and it looks like Mahsa's really unjust murder just exploded everything!

Hanks

Mentral crowd last night and today in Esfahan, Karaj, Rasht Qazvin and North of Iran....

Also 2-3 Oppressive forces killed by protestors today....lovely Payback time !!

btw, very very powerful speech by Iranian actress and human rights activist, Nazanin Boniadi at UN yesterday.
This is the real Iranian representative (right), not the garbage Islamic Republic Shia' ISIS spokesperson (left)....

2cents

Scout
@Hanks how do you see this playing out over the coming weeks and months?

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
A bit out of the loop. What percentage of the population are for and against the current regime.

Hanks

@Hanks how do you see this playing out over the coming weeks and months?
the fire is alive and that's something that doesn't look like being stopped anytime soon. Forms of protests are embarrassing the IRIB state TV last few days too...some examples:

- Esteghlal won the Iranian version of Super Cup in empty stadium (all footy games are being played behind closed door due to protests), and the player who scored the winner cried after it and during the cup-giving "ceremony" , no one celebrated to the point that the TV had to cut away from live broadcast.

Earlier today, in the Beach Football tournament in UAE, Iran team refused to sing the Islamic Republic national anthem ...

Literally the only thing I'm now looking forward to at the World Cup is to see Iran fans boo the anthem, chant against regime, and I hope the players will do something too (but I wouldn't bank on it).

There is national boycott of companies who still advertise on IRIB (basically giving money for oppression and paying wages of the oppressive forces on the streets) ... almost everyone I know is becoming somehow politically active, in their own way, and even in small form. The Iranian Rial has reached a record low vs. USD (37,000) and I've read that the Tehran bazaar will go on strike if it reaches 40,000.

I talked to my dad to walk me through the revolution process of 1979, and he said no doubt we're on revolutionary path and we're months away (my dad is usually very pessimistic in giving estimation).
He mentioned as the protests continue, more and more of their own will abandon sinking ship and eventually we get to point where revolution can't be stopped and that's when the army switches.
However, these guys are infinitely more bloodthirsty and disregarding of human lives than Shah was....so it'll take a massive death toll unless the army doesn't sit on its ass.
I mean they have already hired oppressive forces from Lebanon and Iraq (my grandma was saying they were speaking Arabic not Farsi), so it's a sign that they are over-extending themselves already and we may be closer than what appears.
The regime advertised a mass pro-regime rally this Friday, forcing public employees, etc to go but they had to use photoshopped and archive footage from years ago .... they can't even get their own people out in force anymore. All of these are very encouraging signs that the cracks are appearing from within.

Talking to my old high school mates in our telegram channel, those in Iran are saying the mood is kill or be killed. my friend said it's completely opposite of silent million people protests of 2009. and actually looking back, that was the year that any hope of "reform" ended. In hindsight, what a missed opportunity.

We had 3-4 MILLION people on the streets in Tehran...the regime could have been ended then. but it was betrayed by the reformists (both 'reformist' presidential candidates of 2009 have been under house-arrest since) ...and since then, the slogans, and the overall mood has become more and more radical, to the point that many of the chants on the street are some of the most vulgar words in Persian language against the regime, akhoonds, imams, etc.

@ThatsGreat I would say from Iran's 85 million population (70% of which are under 40), they have maybe 5 million support. Half of those support them because they are mercenaries and they get financial benefits and paid well by them, and about 2-3 million genuinely propagandized people who genuinely think Khamenei is the representative of Allah and living and obeying Islamic Republic will give them life in heaven after death.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I haven't posted in this thread but I'm reading all the updates, keep them coming. I really hope this is finally when the iranian people get rid of these cnuts.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
@ThatsGreat I would say from Iran's 85 million population (70% of which are under 40), they have maybe 5 million support. Half of those support them because they are mercenaries and they get financial benefits and paid well by them, and about 2-3 million genuinely propagandized people who genuinely think Khamenei is the representative of Allah and living and obeying Islamic Republic will give them life in heaven after death.
Really, that high? Thats like 90% of people against the regime. Usually if there's more than 60% of support against a regime, it changes. Is the army drawn from the remaining 5million. And if the army is made up of mercenaries, how are they present establishment funding them. Have they cornered the oil income, or are they being funded by external agencies.

BlueHaze

If it comes one day video clips all over the place of Iranian people doing the most brutal things to those akhonds I'll grab some popcorn and watch with a very happy heart. Cnuts..

2cents

Scout
@Hanks thank you so much for these updates, I have an Iranian auntie-in-law who is a member of the Baha’i faith who left Iran in 79 and obviously hasn’t been back. She is out of touch with these things and generally pessimistic so I’ve been feeding her some of the videos and other stuff you’ve been posting here. She really wants to visit Iran again before she dies.

Hanks

Really, that high? Thats like 90% of people against the regime. Usually if there's more than 60% of support against a regime, it changes. Is the army drawn from the remaining 5million. And if the army is made up of mercenaries, how are they present establishment funding them. Have they cornered the oil income, or are they being funded by external agencies.
Upon its foundation, Islamic Republic created IRGC, as a parallel force to the official patriotic army. The IRGC's sole goal is to protect the regime at any cost (note, not the country, but the regime). as for the army, after 44 years, I doubt they are truly patriotic for Iran (At least higher generals and commanders) , but in mid or lower level there are normal people, but they don't have the power. I mean, foreign mercenaries are beating up IRANIAN women and killing Iranian teenagers, but the army sits there idly. what's the point of the army?

Ali Karimi posted a very strong tweet towards the army, basically calling them cowardly and without balls....also wishing we had a women battalion in the army !

As a result, they have insane funding and top IRGC commanders are in control of many money-making industries in Iran including oil. Basically there are 2 upper-class in Islamic Republic: The Clerics and the IRGC. From the 27 top position in the country, half are ruled by Clerics and half by IRGC.

That's why resumption of nuclear dear is basically gifting money to IRGC since Iranian people don't even see the money....

Hanks

If it comes one day video clips all over the place of Iranian people doing the most brutal things to those akhonds I'll grab some popcorn and watch with a very happy heart. Cnuts..
Enjoy this one! it's becoming a big trend in Iran now :D

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Upon its foundation, Islamic Republic created IRGC, as a parallel force to the official patriotic army. The IRGC's sole goal is to protect the regime at any cost (note, not the country, but the regime). as for the army, after 44 years, I doubt they are truly patriotic for Iran (At least higher generals and commanders) , but in mid or lower level there are normal people, but they don't have the power. I mean, foreign mercenaries are beating up IRANIAN women and killing Iranian teenagers, but the army sits there idly. what's the point of the army?

Ali Karimi posted a very strong tweet towards the army, basically calling them cowardly and without balls....also wishing we had a women battalion in the army !

As a result, they have insane funding and top IRGC commanders are in control of many money-making industries in Iran including oil. Basically there are 2 upper-class in Islamic Republic: The Clerics and the IRGC. From the 27 top position in the country, half are ruled by Clerics and half by IRGC.

That's why resumption of nuclear dear is basically gifting money to IRGC since Iranian people don't even see the money....
I see, a parallel militia which is controlled by the regime is an entity that will be difficult to overthrow. Wish you guys luck.

Hanks

@Hanks thank you so much for these updates, I have an Iranian auntie-in-law who is a member of the Baha’i faith who left Iran in 79 and obviously hasn’t been back. She is out of touch with these things and generally pessimistic so I’ve been feeding her some of the videos and other stuff you’ve been posting here. She really wants to visit Iran again before she dies.
Appreciate mate it and I really hope she gets her wish. I have the same wish to return after a looooooooong time. Hell, I'd happily go live there if a semi-normal government forms after.

Also, I've noticed similar trends regarding optimism and age regarding the success of the revolution. The older generations as usual are more pessimistic and risk-averse, whereas the young are much more optimistic.

This is a movement led 90% by especially Gen Z, and after that millennials. If we had only 20% more support from the Gen X and Boomers (basically business owners and mid/high-level managers), it'll be a done deal already.But with time, and economic boycott, I hope we can force them into fully integrating into the movement.

Also this is from today:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Appreciate mate it and I really hope she gets her wish. I have the same wish to return after a looooooooong time. Hell, I'd happily go live there if a semi-normal government forms after.

Also, I've noticed similar trends regarding optimism and age regarding the success of the revolution. The older generations as usual are more pessimistic and risk-averse, whereas the young are much more optimistic.

This is a movement led 90% by especially Gen Z, and after that millennials. If we had only 20% more support from the Gen X and Boomers (basically business owners and mid/high-level managers), it'll be a done deal already.But with time, and economic boycott, I hope we can force them into fully integrating into the movement.

Also this is from today:

Unreal that Twitter has the pantomime of hair cutting behind a sensitive wall.

Hanks

Good evening! some great acts news re: civil disobedience last few days (in addition to the protests).

- Iranian waterpolo team refused singing the Islamic Republic anthem ahead of their match vs. India
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...t-athletes-signal-protest-support-2022-11-09/

- Iranian Basketball team today had a match vs. China in TEHRAN and players didn't sin the anthem.

- in Iran's football team friendly vs. Nicaragua yesterday, 9 out of 11 players didn't sing the anthem. the 2 which did are well known Basijis and IRGC fans (Mehdi Torabi & Vahid Amiri). I hope they suffer career-ending injuries during the World Cup. Absolute scum on earth. Can't support our NT if any of those 2 scumbags steps on the pitch during WC.

- IN by far the BRAVEST act, in women's archery championship in TEHRAN, the winner took her hijab off when taking photos and just walked off in front of everyone....Unbelievable bravery to do it in front of camera in Tehran.

also, saw this meme that really sums up the worst revolution in history of mankind....the 2 men's main priorities for the nations they led. quotes are word by word exact.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Good evening! some great acts news re: civil disobedience last few days (in addition to the protests).

- Iranian waterpolo team refused singing the Islamic Republic anthem ahead of their match vs. India
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...t-athletes-signal-protest-support-2022-11-09/

- Iranian Basketball team today had a match vs. China in TEHRAN and players didn't sin the anthem.

- in Iran's football team friendly vs. Nicaragua yesterday, 9 out of 11 players didn't sing the anthem. the 2 which did are well known Basijis and IRGC fans (Mehdi Torabi & Vahid Amiri). I hope they suffer career-ending injuries during the World Cup. Absolute scum on earth. Can't support our NT if any of those 2 scumbags steps on the pitch during WC.

- IN by far the BRAVEST act, in women's archery championship in TEHRAN, the winner took her hijab off when taking photos and just walked off in front of everyone....Unbelievable bravery to do it in front of camera in Tehran.

also, saw this meme that really sums up the worst revolution in history of mankind....the 2 men's main priorities for the nations they led. quotes are word by word exact.

How in the world can you defend the Shah? He was a corrupt arse who had extreme wealth while also imprisoning, torturing and killed his opponents. There was a reason the revolution happened and it wasn't Islamic. It was sadly hijacked in the end by the Islamists but even when they took power there were protests against them because that's not what people wanted.

Not saying the Ayatollah is better in any way, it's a condition of picking your poison.

If there is a revolution to be sad over it's the one in 1953 funded by the US/UK that removed an elected government and replaced it with an authoritarian.

Hanks

How in the world can you defend the Shah? He was a corrupt arse who had extreme wealth while also imprisoning, torturing and killed his opponents. There was a reason the revolution happened and it wasn't Islamic. It was sadly hijacked in the end by the Islamists but even when they took power there were protests against them because that's not what people wanted.

If there is a revolution to be sad over it's the one in 1953 funded by the US/UK that removed an elected government and replaced it with an authoritarian.
Because if you know any thing about Iranian history and standards of living before the Pahlavi dynasty took over, you'll realize how they modernized Iran (To best of their abilities) in quick time, building so much of our infrastructure from roads, to universities to radio and of course our military. Had it not been for the Military that Shah built, Iraq and Saddam would have easily taken over anything they wanted during the war.

There is a reason people in Iran streets chant: "Reza Shah, Roohat Shad" (which means, God bless your soul, Reza Shah).

Did shah rule in an authoritarian way? sure. But so was the trend in entire Iranian history. He (and his father) were among the best and most competent rulers we've ever had. And a majority of political prisoners of that time (including a couple of my own distant relatives) were communists (Toudeh party), MKO (official terrorist group) and Islamists. This is very archives of a Marxist activist (Chapi/Toudeh in Persian) of his complaints about Shah regime...basically "We're having too much fun", "why are there so many music and film festivals" "why so many art festivals with fancy clothings etc"....

It's a real shame that Mohammad Reza Shah's mom was quite religious and he didn't act as ruthlessly towards clerics as his father did. Else None of the shit of last 43 years would have happened.

As for 1953, it was a sad coup and I'm sure Shah himself regrets not sharing the power with a separate parliament. However, as of 1970s, standards of living in Iran massively grew, and in fact unfortunately the modernization and reforms (like giving women right to vote, work, etc) were all way ahead of the at the time uneducated and mostly superstitious population, hence Khomeini's popularity).

This is a very sobering interview of Shah and his vision for Iran with BBC journalist back in mid 1970s.

Shah Of Iran Critisizing Britain

Also, a note for Western leftists who call Shah a "puppet of the West" , yet Khomeini not.

How come Khomeini peacefully and with no issues living in heart of the West, PARIS, and his message was amplified by BBC when he was on exile (hence Ayatollah BBC meme among Iranians), and he was literally flown to Iran to finalize the revolution by Air France....

yet not a SINGLE Western country took the terminally ill (with cancer) Shah when he left Iran? Poor guy had to leave to Panama and then eventually Egypt where he died and was buried. Moving his body back to Iran is one of the first thing that'll hopefully be done after the cancers are gone. The man was not perfect by any means, but the way he was treated was disgusting and he deserves a proper farewell.