Rice Mount Kane

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If this would be our transfer window this summer, what would people make of it? No other incomings, but plenty of outgoings.

Stadjer

I just hope they will be better value for money than the last Brexit transfers... Sancho, AWB and Maguire havent exactly been great value for money so far.

Cloud7

Rice and Kane aren’t my first choices in their respective positions but I would be on board with them.

Mount I cannot give an opinion on because I’ve not watched enough of Chelsea to know how good he is or what he would bring to the team. He’s never stood out the times I have watched Chelsea but that could be misleading.

Abraxas

Well, it'd be one of the lower risk transfer windows we've ever done. You're not going to get some incredible upside on your expectation but nor are you likely to get complete flops that don't contribute.

They're all quite proven players in the league. Two of them for strong clubs. Strong enough to be a good gauge anyway.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It "looks" underwhelming and yet it will still improve us greatly. Dont let the harry maguires to make you think english players = bad.

OleGunnar20

Not bad, though I'm not sure Mount improves our first 11, especially if Rice joins alongside. I suppose he could rotate into both #8 and #10 roles as needed?

I think it'd be a solid 7/10 window for me.

Baxquux

Tbh on par with the last one in terms of pure player profiles (protracted and slightly messy as it was), Licha, Casemiro, then Eriksen+Antony

Edit. Guarantees 2nd pretty much. GK and FDJ/equiv profile CM also probably needed in order to edge City in the final equation

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We'll be priced out of Kane, rice I don't actually believe we are interested in and don't see the logic in that signing in the slightest for ten hag, mount will be a good signing. I wouldn't be that happy if that was our window though. Would prefer a goalkeeper like Costa instead of rice, and think a guy like Hojlund probably ends up being a smarter signing towards and develops by the time we are ready for the next title challenge anyway (not sooner than 24/25).

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Would be an absolutely sensational window.
This. I’m really surprised by lots of the replies in here.

It’d be one of the best windows in modern Utd history imo.

I guess you could say a new GK instead of Mount, but if those 3 came in and the Glazers left I’d be absolutely buzzing, and so should anyone that wants Utd to do well.

Habs

Don’t want any of these guys ideally. I have this fear that the Kane could turn out a bit like the Sanchez signing for us, and he’s going to cost quite a bit. Would much prefer a younger striker but nobody gets Kane’s numbers.

Rice I think is a solid player, but wildly overpriced by West Ham. Caicedo would be a better signing for us but we’ve not been linked with him at all.

I’ve always thought Mount was an ok player, surprised we’ve gone for him. If we can get him around £40mil I think it could be a clever bit of business

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Rice and Kane aren’t my first choices in their respective positions but I would be on board with them.

Mount I cannot give an opinion on because I’ve not watched enough of Chelsea to know how good he is or what he would bring to the team. He’s never stood out the times I have watched Chelsea but that could be misleading.
Mount is a better footballer than Rice. Rice is more specified, and - in my opinion - probably has more empty ground in front of him to become a better player than he is right now.

If Rice moves to Bayern I think he’d be able to play for them in a way that Bellingham has for Dortmund. If he goes to Arsenal it will be akin to Ashley Cole going to Chelsea. He’ll become exceptional in a single position, but have some of his potential blunted.

Nogbadthebad

Kane adds 12+ points to this season on his own.

I think Rice means we are not so reliant on casemiro, and still have some midfield control without him, which we lost completely this season when he was out.

Mount has won chelsea player of the year a couple of times, but I still can't really see what he brings that we con;t already have. So many in the game rate him though, so that is just a personal thing. I'll see it better when he is playing for us maybe.

Irwin99

It would be a very very good window but...

I have my heart set on Kim min-Jae and a new attacking right back :drool:

Still not sold on Mount at all but Rice and Kane are fantastic players. Goalkeeper still a concern but one more year to wait and fix that wouldn't be so bad.

OrcaFat

Really think those three would be transformative. But surely we can’t begin to afford them all.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This. I’m really surprised by lots of the replies in here.

It’d be one of the best windows in modern Utd history imo.

I guess you could say a new GK instead of Mount, but if those 3 came in and the Glazers left I’d be absolutely buzzing, and so should anyone that wants Utd to do well.
This, solving our 9 issue (for at least 2 windows), one of the best prem all round CMs, and a pressing monster too. We would be back in the mix and at least a regular top 4 fixture going forward.

USREDEVIL

Rice Mounts Kane

Rice and Mount seems a bit duplicative. I know they are different but i'd rather take Rice leave MOunt to wallow at Chelsea.
Also need CB.

Bruno
Casameiro Rice

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Rice Mounts Kane

Rice and Mount seems a bit duplicative. I know they are different but i'd rather take Rice leave MOunt to wallow at Chelsea.
Also need CB.
A big bowl of RICE pudding topped with MOUNTains of KANE sugar.

I agree about the Rice / Mount thing. But if all three came in I’d be buzzing - mainly just to see Kane and Rice at Utd tbh.

Ranie

All good players and premier league proven. Would be happy and expect at least a title challenge next season.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Well, it'd be one of the lower risk transfer windows we've ever done. You're not going to get some incredible upside on your expectation but nor are you likely to get complete flops that don't contribute.

They're all quite proven players in the league. Two of them for strong clubs. Strong enough to be a good gauge anyway.
I suspect that's ETH's approach to transfers, and why I've said for a while I think he'll go for Kane. Although Spurs might not play ball there.

But he's signed or tried to sign players he's worked with for the most part, or proven players like Casemiro.

Oranges038

Not an exciting bunch on paper, but it would be a good window. 2 technically solid hard working midfield players and Kane.

Rice and Mount improve the midfield options quite a bit, they are better players than Fred and McT. But I wouldn't pay over 50m for either or 100m combined.

Kane is Kane, he'll score a lot of goals no doubt about that, the only question marks are around his age and whether the financial outlay required to bring him in would be worth it. I'd offer Levy 60m in a transfer fee.

jesperjaap

One his world class, one not far off and the other an intelligent player....all would improve us.....but hell no personally.

£250m and no quality back up centre backs, back up keeper, back up striker which are all needed....and we have spent £250m

It would be very similar to last summers window, where we signed a world class player, one not far off (I think he now is) and a intelligent player....yet here we are a year on and the large squad beneath it is weak with deadwood and any injuries/suspensions and the quality beneath the first eleven is very weak in several areas....as we sent so much on certain players as good as some have been, we left other areas alone.

Think we should be looking for more value for money and making twice as many signings. There are players abroad offer similar traits to these three, some not as good, some I feel as good if not better, but 3/4 signings doesnt bridge the gap, could potentially even move us backwards like it has before.

All really good players but if we sign one of them it should literally be one of them

Waynne

Not enough.

Rice, Mount, Kane and Kim Min-Jae would be an excellent window. Bonus if we can get another goalkeeper to challenge De Gea for his spot.

Onerealunited

Would definitely make us one of the most English teams if not the most English team. We could at times play with 7 English national players:

De Gea
AWB - Varane - Martinez - Shaw
Rice
- Mount
Sancho
- Bruno - Rashford
Kane

We could define whether the English national team would be successful or not

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Kane is top tier. Rice and Mount are good players but I don’t really see how either massively fit in terms of the profiles we already have in there.

Mr Smith

We won't get all three, and we should stay well away from Rice as West Ham are trying to create a bidding war.

Eddy_JukeZ

It'd be a good window all things considered.

That said, I think a new GK is a must.