Richard Arnold cleaning house | Making 'significant changes' to Social Media strategy etc.

L1nk

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Our social media strategy and comms generally are embarrassing and cringe. Glad he’s sorting it out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Good. Our social media is completely tone deaf.

Chairman Steve

I hope he sorts out the match starting XI graphics to not order them by squad number and confusing us.

Loon

:lol:
Matt Judge getting binned off the negotiating team is the takeaway for me.

OverratedOpinion

He doesn't like that our Twitter dedicated a post to De Gea the day after he conceded 4 against Brighton? Weirdo.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So no more appearance updates right after getting spanked into oblivion by midtable teams? :(

Blood Mage

I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like the typical spin we're used to after a humiliating defeat.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Oh no, I'll miss 'Goal of the Day' on Instagram. Best ones are the ones that come a couple of days after a defeat, like "cheer up reds, no CL football next year, but here's a tidy finish from Lee Sharpe in 1993".

JuriM

There will be a lot people saying how it's all PR or smth. But even they have to admit that we are trying to do something now to change things, whether we will hit the jackpot and get everything right now or we need to have further changes in the future.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like the typical spin we're used to after a humiliating defeat.
Yeah, and "some staff too big for their boots" reeks of some awful upper management blaming lower downs for their feckups so reasoning to get rid of them.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What experience do Murtough and expecially Fletcher have in recruitment?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
" #mufc are planning a 'big restructure', having seemingly finalised their restructuring last year "

... so we're restructuring our restructuring?
*Oprah voice* you get a cultural reboot, you get a cultural reboot...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
" #mufc are planning a 'big restructure', having seemingly finalised their restructuring last year "

... so we're restructuring our restructuring?
More PR nonsense after getting humiliated on the pitch. Those who actually are serious about restructuring do it behind closed doors, not through the media.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There will be a lot people saying how it's all PR or smth. But even they have to admit that we are trying to do something now to change things, whether we will hit the jackpot and get everything right now or we need to have further changes in the future.

I just hope the fans have SOME element of patience. There does seem to be quite a lot going on behind the scene's just to bring us upto being a capable club. The bad apples seem in quite a few departments seem to be on their way out of the club. Getting in the right people in all these departments, first team included will take time to reap the benefits.

Woodzy

Every time I’m like ‘What’s with Ronaldo in defence, Shaw in midfield and McTominay up front?… oh wait ffs’
How similar are the graphics for each game? It could be that they are automated where the starting line up numbers are input and it generates the graphic.

Saying that you could probably automate it by position.

davidmichael

We’re just such a fecking mess from top to bottom from the board to the coaching to the scouting to the players and it’s crazy to think that 9 years ago we were league champions and had a genuine claim at being the biggest club in the world, how Sir Alex achieved that last season blows my mind and as much as I always detested Jose him saying about the shambles behind the scenes a few years ago shows how long it’s been going this way.

What I’d like to see is us go out and recruit the best people in their field of expertise so the best scouts, the best medical department and the best recruitment team rather than constant restructuring and shoehorning people into roles they’re not experienced in or never done, it’s heartbreaking to see us as such a laughing stock.

JuriM

I just hope the fans have SOME element of patience. There does seem to be quite a lot going on behind the scene's just to bring us upto being a capable club. The bad apples seem in quite a few departments seem to be on their way out of the club. Getting in the right people in all these departments, first team included will take time to reap the benefits.
Yeah, we need time and people to do things without the HOWLING towards them. How to prevent this in Social Media era is the hardest thing ever.

TrebleChamp99

I am inclined to believe this report, it is very much in line with what we have been doing structurally before the end of the season, essentially we are only Manchester United in name until the season is over. Forget everything we’ve known in the last 10 year, unless there is huge wholesale changes in every department of the club we will hold this club to account.

It’s time we started acting like the establishment we are.

All of this is far more exciting to me than any signings.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I like the fact that Arnold is seemingly trying and proposing/accepting a new direction that comes from the top. It was my largest issue with Woodward, who may have been a competent executive in his field but he wasn't a CEO, no decent CEO keeps trying the same formula expecting different results. Now the issue for Arnold is that he is putting a target on himself because the lines aren't as blurred as they used to be, he is acting a CEO and he is going to be judged like one.

Last edited:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Hopefully the social media bit is true. They just posted about Ten Haag being close to winning the title with Ajax. Seems a bit small-time to brag about this before he's even fecking here.

Tavern in the town

I like the fact that Arnold is seemingly trying and proposing/accepting a new direction that comes from the top. It was my largest issue with Woodward, who may have been a competent executive in his field but he wasn't a CEO, now decent CEO keeps trying the same formula expecting different results. Now the issue for Arnold is that he is putting a target on himself because the lines aren't as blurred as they used to be, he is acting a CEO and he is going to be judged like one.
The most encouraging this is he seems to be open to delegating footballing operations to footballing people. Woodward behaved as if he was a United fan who got to be in charge as a treat, making all the decisions himself as if he had a clue.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Hopefully the social media bit is true. They just posted about Ten Haag being close to winning the title with Ajax. Seems a bit small-time to brag about this before he's even fecking here.
I saw that on Facebook. Jumping the gun a bit.

phelans shorts

I hope he sorts out the match starting XI graphics to not order them by squad number and confusing us.
It’s one of the only 2 ways it should be done tbf. Squad number or position (which has its own issues where players can be in numerous positions), anything else is an absolute nonsense.

Worst of all is Spurs just putting pictures of players, like who the feck knows what Harry Winks looks like. Alphabetical is also unacceptable.

Matt007a

I hope the social media change also covers our players and their tone deaf posts after defeats.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
For the resources that have gone in it’s been a decade of colossal failure. There absolutely should be consequences and a lot of key people seem to be off. However, I am very worried this is being done 2 weeks before the season ends ahead of a mammoth transfer window. It does seem to be totally chaotic at the moment. Hopefully that isn’t the case.