Richard Arnold cleaning house | Making 'significant changes' to Social Media strategy etc.

klayton88

The Facebook page is embarrassing. I only follow it for the comments. Living in the past FC. Look at how good we used to be FC. Here's Rio's tour diary FC.

Andy_Cole

I didn't think anyone would find a negative in this. First comment after the tweet.:houllier:
We’ve been interested in Paul Mitchell in the past. Heck we even brought in Ralf for whom to continue as a consultant. We don’t want to make external appointments above management level. Accept it.

AdNani

We’ve been interested in Paul Mitchell in the past. Heck we even brought in Ralf for whom to continue as a consultant. We don’t want to make external appointments above management level. Accept it.
O'Boyle was an external appointment? accept it.

Ralf was a fecking train wreck, i wouldn't consult him on the hiring of a kit man

pascell

The Facebook page is embarrassing. I only follow it for the comments. Living in the past FC. Look at how good we used to be FC. Here's Rio's tour diary FC.
Today they showed us Sancho doing his pre pre season, I hope that was one of his mates in net because that guy looked like he couldn't even stop a timer.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Don't think there was much interest in Mitchell. Laurie Whitwell and Adam Crafton shot that down fairly quickly.

SAF is the GOAT

Anyone knows if he's the one in Liverpool that actually did the negotiation with other clubs on players ?

And how exactly he's going to fit together with Murtough and O'boyle ?

What is the probability that he will want to work under Murtough when can he work in any club in the world as a single DOF ? this guy has the credentials to do it.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Lee Dykes is very highly rated. Is he being linked with United or Chelsea in that story?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
as predicted, nothing important seems to have changed. Woodward mini-me

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What kind of wholesale changes were you expecting in 3 months?
the ability to get transfers done? the financial backing of the manager? an understanding of where the club should be? doing a job for the huge salary being paid?

phelans shorts

the ability to get transfers done? the financial backing of the manager? an understanding of where the club should be? doing a job for the huge salary being paid?
So you’ve got nothing then. The transfers are happening, and the manager is being backed with over 100 million pounds.

There’s a shitload of work going on to improve training facilities and get the club back to the forefront, and members of the old regime have been shown the door, it remains to be seen how their replacements do but that’s the case whoever comes in to any role. Patience is a virtue.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So you’ve got nothing then. The transfers are happening, and the manager is being backed with over 100 million pounds.

There’s a shitload of work going on to improve training facilities and get the club back to the forefront, and members of the old regime have been shown the door, it remains to be seen how their replacements do but that’s the case whoever comes in to any role. Patience is a virtue.
ummm, nothing has been done. where are these transfers? who has joined that I and the media have missed? where has this money been spent? going to the pub to talk to people doesn't equal doing your job to me... but thanks for popping by Mrs Arnold

phelans shorts

ummm, nothing has been done. where are these transfers? who has joined that I and the media have missed? where has this money been spent? going to the pub to talk to people doesn't equal doing your job to me...
So because a transfer hasn’t been confirmed that means nothing is advanced.

It’s sunny outside mate, go out and cheer yourself up, don’t bother looking at squad lists until august 1st, it’s pointless before then

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So because a transfer hasn’t been confirmed that means nothing is advanced.

It’s sunny outside mate, go out and cheer yourself up, don’t bother looking at squad lists until august 1st, it’s pointless before then
really? so no need for new players to be there for pre-season training? Sorry, you obviously aren't Mrs Arnold, you are Richard Arnold. I need evidence of something being done, not your say so

phelans shorts

really? so no need for new players to be there for pre-season training? Sorry, you obviously aren't Mrs Arnold, you are Richard Arnold. I need evidence of something being done, not your say so
Pre season is nice for them to have, but not the be all and end all. Kevin De Bruyne at City had no pre season and dominated straight off the bat in a side nowhere near where they are now. Similarly Ruben Dias walked into a side and was immediately hailed the best centre back in the world after signing from Benfica of all teams. Virgil Van Dijk went to Liverpool in January and changed the team entirely.

Pre season isn’t a necessity to a player doing well, it’s just a handy little boost. It’s pointless getting yourself worked up and stressed over anything that is beyond your control. Especially something as daft as this.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Pre season is nice for them to have, but not the be all and end all. Kevin De Bruyne at City had no pre season and dominated straight off the bat in a side nowhere near where they are now. Similarly Ruben Dias walked into a side and was immediately hailed the best centre back in the world after signing from Benfica of all teams. Virgil Van Dijk went to Liverpool in January and changed the team entirely.

Pre season isn’t a necessity to a player doing well, it’s just a handy little boost. It’s pointless getting yourself worked up and stressed over anything that is beyond your control. Especially something as daft as this.
well, both City and Liverpool were in much better condition when they signed those players than we are now. but, hey ho...

Jacob

The fact that we haven't signed anybody yet still tells me we're undecidive in what we want. We fail to walk away from negotiations we're losing or accept that they have won. Waiting for FdJ to be signed before anyone else is a massive risk. One that we cannot afford to take.

Big Andy

Bloke
Until they stop doing team sheets in number order instead of positional order, they can all get to feck

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
so we are supposed to think the social media is brilliant too now? how does thinking that help?
He said our social media looks good, compared to before. Think you're looking a little too much into this.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
my point is I don't give a damn about our socials. I want the squad strengthened
Ahh well, there's the confusion. See this thread is specifically for social media. Easy mistake to make, "social media strategy" and "Transfer Muppet" look exactly the same when skimming the forum.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Ahh well, there's the confusion. See this thread is specifically for social media. Easy mistake to make, "social media strategy" and "Transfer Muppet" look exactly the same when skimming the forum.
so everything is fine because our social look better? wow, we really aren't bothering any more are we? and by the way, the thread says "cleaning house" which I took to mean more than typing something nice into twitter...

arthurka

so we are supposed to think the social media is brilliant too now? how does thinking that help?
So putting on a social media platform a highlight from our latest match is a bad thing. Nobody said it was brilliant it was just said the platform was much improved. Do you think United should stop posting positive stuff there and do you think it would help?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So putting on a social media platform a highlight from our latest match is a bad thing. Nobody said it was brilliant it was just said the platform was much improved. Do you think United should stop posting positive stuff there and do you think it would help?
I'm afraid I find it embarrassing to see our social media pages get all excited by one nutmeg when the club is still clearly in a mess

flameinthesun

so everything is fine because our social look better? wow, we really aren't bothering any more are we? and by the way, the thread says "cleaning house" which I took to mean more than typing something nice into twitter...
The poster never said everything was fine. You can praise a player and say the team played bad, you can say the social media team are doing good but the transfer strategy is bad if you want, its not either or. If you don't care about the social media side of things then don't read this thread. Its a very simple concept.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Well this aged really well...