Richard Arnold secretly filmed whilst speaking to supporters

Bertie Wooster

Real scummy act to secretly record him and post it online. That sort of thing is a complete deterrent for anyone interacting with fans - and then, when they don't, there'll be complaints about how detached we are from them nowadays.

He comes across well, but obviously he'll be less guarded than if he knew he was being recorded so I hope there's no negative consequences for anything he's been secretly recording saying.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Yeah, filming him secretly is bang out of order. Just get a selfie if you want proof, no need to film the guy who's actually making an effort to try and talk to fans directly.
it will only put him off engaging with fans in future. he was really rude to me when he found me riffling through his bins and stealing his wife’s knickers off their clothesline and i can only imagine that’s in response to these so call ‘fans’

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm sure someone who rose to the level of importance within a club like United wasn't naive enough to think no-one would film it!

Hence a very measured response without one bit of controversy about the owners, and plenty of re-assuring soundbites.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
protest in the stadium or around the training ground all day long. Going to his house is unacceptable. These people should be booted forever. Filming him is the cherry on top.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Came off well. More than Woodward would ever do.

Didn't really say anything we didn't know but that's to be expected.

Wouldn't say he is exactly confident in our situation. Sounds like with investors the club will struggle going forward
There are few options and most clubs use a combination of them. If we use Real Madrid as an example, they borrowed money and also reduced their spendings in order to finance their infrastructure investments, now it was easier for them because they built a solid core before reducing their squad spendings.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
At least we've got some reliable transfer news from the person recording the chat. Not that I'm saying it's correct to film/record someone without their consent.

laughtersassassin

Based off this and the fact it's clear as day we need cash injection it's time to sell naming rights to Old Trafford.

Who really cares if it's The Adidas Old Trafford Stadium or something if it helps the Club in the long term

acnumber9

While it’s obviously wrong to film him like that, he will come out of this looking well. I doubt he’ll be too upset by it.

HookedOnAPhelan

Recording many things secretly has been very good... Appaling conditions in slaughterhouses, abuse in carehomes etc etc..

This of course is not up there but then it holds him to his word.
I know. But it's clearly not "always ok". It rarely is. But there are exceptions, sure.

hobbers

Dont know why these idiots are turning up at his house now. I understood protesting Woodward after 5 years of god awful but he's been in the job 5 minutes.

Even worse, he does something pretty decent and actually chats and has a drink with them, and some cnut records and posts it?

Posts him saying the money is there for the manager and Murtough? Yeh that'll help our transfer negotiations no end you fecking morons.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He comes across well here and gives the fans a bit of a reality check.

Filming without consent because you want dirt or for him to say something controversial is poor.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
protest in the stadium or around the training ground all day long. Going to his house is unacceptable. These people should be booted forever. Filming him is the cherry on top.
Yup, never understood why 1) people get personal and 2) they pick on the wrong fecking bloke.

We all know the owners are the problems. Get a genuine sense that Arnold and Murtough are doing their best for the club inspite of the Glazers.

laughtersassassin

At least we've got some reliable transfer news from the person recording the chat. Not that I'm saying it's correct to film/record someone without their consent.

Hopefully this one gets wrapped soon and we can move on to some easier deals. 4-5 minimum. Though 4 would leave us struggling for top 4 given our rivals are doing great this window

Abraxas

It's not right to film like that. A picture would have done.

But also, the disconnect between the club and fans is not right. In a weird way this actually does Arnold a favour because traditionally our suits have been very reticent to give interviews or anything but scripted media briefs. It makes him a lot more relatable than having zero knowledge of who he is. I'm not saying chief execs should be giving interviews to YouTubers every week, but if the ownership is absent and the administration also offers nothing...it creates friction.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
The bloke sounds like he cares which is positive and he said the manager has money. Let’s cling onto that

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
While it’s obviously wrong to film him like that, he will come out of this looking well. I doubt he’ll be too upset by it.
yeah it’s like that time that farmer filmed me interfering with one of his tractors but the camera angle made my penis look way bigger (around 3 inches.)

GreatDane

Doing what he did there is greatness. A true leader and gentleman does things like that.

So sad that someone took advantage of the situation and secretly taped it. It’s disgraceful.
Seems like a decent bloke really and he dealt with the situation perfectly.
Probably won't do it again since it's apparently not possible to have a pint and a chat without some fecker recording it and putting it online.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Comes across like a normal person which immediately makes him better than that w*nker.

Jacko21

"Murtough is working from 6 in the morning til 10 at night trying to get the De Jong deal done. There's £200m for transfers."

SAF is the GOAT

I'm joining to the claims on here that say that its not right to film him like that.

I'll take it 1 step forward - At least the man came, met the fans and sat and talked to them. Woodward would never done that, he would always ran off like a scared boy.

Morpheus 7

Came across better then Woodward ever did, least he had the balls to come out. Disgraceful filming him, not on. Interesting comments, worrying though.

Oaencha

Right! Arnold comes in, takes off his coat - body odour - takes off his hat, sits down to drink his pint. Sees the tweet. Sees me. Shock! Rescue, rescue, rescue, rescue. Remorse, remorse, guilt, guilt, guilt, whirlwind of self-loathing... and Arnold buys me a drink. Fiendish!
Even if no-one else does, I appreciated the Bottom reference.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Massive respect to him for doing that. refreshingly honest and accessible. I think this should be applauded. Already a million times better than that cretin Woodward.

Jericho

I didn't know anything about him before, but really like him now. The guys who secretly recorded him are cnuts though.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Open and honest and the chances of him doing it again dwindle because someone twat filmed and posted it. Well done.