Richard Arnold secretly filmed whilst speaking to supporters

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Massive respect to Arnold for doing this. Can you imagine Woodward having the stones to do this with fans at his local pub?

Admittedly his hand might have been forced upon hearing of planned protests at his house, but credit to him for coming out and speaking still.

Refreshingly critical of those above him as well.

madzo2007

No idea why people would protest outside his house, like thats going to achieve anything

According to twitter Richard Arnold found out about the protest and what pub the group was meeting so went to them instead.

SeanyC

Damn that is dodgy and won’t go down well, on the other hand ones can say fair play we have him saying money is there for the players we want. Now is this BS or true? Time will tell. Least Arnold went and had a beer with fans, more than Woodward and the Glazers ever did.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The guy is nice enough to go to the pub with the protesters and buy them a drink, so they film him :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not cool to film him like that. Big respect to Arnold though. Good points, and was a big move to go out and do that.

Acquire Me

Doing what he did there is greatness. A true leader and gentleman does things like that.

So sad that someone took advantage of the situation and secretly taped it. It’s disgraceful.

OleGunnar20

Amazing, can't praise that move enough from Arnold. Class.

Massive dick move to film him against his knowledge though. Completely throws the respect he's shown to the fans there back in his face. A shame.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Fair play to the guy. Open and honest, no bullshit conversation with fans. Snide that they filmed him but might actually be good for him that they did as he comes across well.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah, filming him secretly is bang out of order. Just get a selfie if you want proof, no need to film the guy who's actually making an effort to try and talk to fans directly.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So he's going for drinks while we still haven't signed anyone?

Officially throwing my toys out of the pram!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
If this is true, then fair play to him.

Also, the video clip itself comes across as an honest appraisal.

Edit: also, recording without consent this type of stuff is pretty lame.

El Jefe

Incredibly low to record him and post it. Some of our fans a total wankers without a moral compass.

Drizzle

He knew he was being filmed, in fact I'm pretty sure he looked directly at the phone a couple of times.

I guess this way he can say some things fans want to hear without having to go through club media protocols.

Anyway he came across well, but as, always with our board - actions speak louder than words.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I thought this was going to be another club scandal when I saw the title.

RyRy11

This should buy him a bit of respect with some of the fanbase at least.

48 hours

Right! Arnold comes in, takes off his coat - body odour - takes off his hat, sits down to drink his pint. Sees the tweet. Sees me. Shock! Rescue, rescue, rescue, rescue. Remorse, remorse, guilt, guilt, guilt, whirlwind of self-loathing... and Arnold buys me a drink. Fiendish!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He didn't actually say anything that the moaning gang wants to hear.

vanderpants

Respect to him for doing that, For the people having a hissy fit saying they aren't going to watch it and it's not right, etc, at least we now have some inside knowledge and workings at a high level, without the fans planning to confront him you would have been none the wiser. BUT he could have been BS them to shut them up!

laughtersassassin

Came off well. More than Woodward would ever do.

Didn't really say anything we didn't know but that's to be expected.

Wouldn't say he is exactly confident in our situation. Sounds like without investors the club will struggle going forward

Last edited:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
So wrong to film him without him knowing. The age we live in now.

Fair play to Arnold though I actually think he came across quite well in the video.

Dannn411

Hate him or not but he has said the truth. No club has a bottomless pit of cash to keep burning through with no return on investment. We have wasted so much money on utter crap over the last 8 years it is fairly easy to see why any owner would be reluctant to keep opening up the purse.

We can go on and on about how terrible the Glazers are but it doesn't justify the zero return the club has seen on the money that has been spent since 2013.

Marcelinho87

Recording someone like this without their permission is not okay. Won't even watch the video.
It's always ok, it's how shithouses etc get caught out...

CNN (iirc) with their negative news only as projecting fear keeps viewers the most recent of the top of my head.

Xaviboy

did he say new manager has money to spend... wonder how much the transfer kitty is?

Greck

He knew he was being filmed, in fact I'm pretty sure he looked directly at the phone a couple of times.

I guess this way he can say some things fans want to hear without having to go through club media protocols.

Anyway he came across well, but as, always with our board - actions speak louder than words.
That's why the filmer is such a twat. People know when a lens is being angled at them. It wasn't just unnecessary and disrespectful it was embarrassing for the person doing it.