Richard Arnold secretly filmed whilst speaking to supporters

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Complete idiots, protesting at a family home is a step too far. Stand outside his office all day if a point needs to be made. Fair play to RA for how he handled it.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Let's supposed it was a PR stunt but I think it speaks well of Arnold anyway - that he is willing to talk to fans directly. In my book that's a good thing.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Those gowls shouldn't be recording him for a start, he should find them and sue the shit out of them.

But, I would expect him to be resign soon enough because of this.

Don't see how club can try and clamp down on all the leaks and then have this lad being recorded talking shite down the pub.
Why on earth would he resign??

Strats

Those gowls shouldn't be recording him for a start, he should find them and sue the shit out of them.

But, I would expect him to be resign soon enough because of this.

Don't see how club can try and clamp down on all the leaks and then have this lad being recorded talking shite down the pub.
I hope this won't be the case, but wouldn't surprise me if it happens. Can't imagine the Glazers being too happy about this.

As other has stated, fair fecks to Arnold for doing this. He seems to actually care more about the club than Woodward ever did.

dove

Surely he is not that stupid to know that there was a huge chance the conversation will be recorded. I bet he was well aware of that.

Keefy18

I never said he said "our budget was x". He did however give very strong indications that we have no money constraints in relation to the
De Jong deal and possibly others.
He said the opposite in fact, most everyone thought we had 120M budget, but he was honest enough to say ball park 200m.

Now thanks to this utter plankton releasing the footage we are at a disadvantage.

hobbers

Leaving aside the knuckle dragging fans, why would Arnold resign or the Glazers try to push him out over this?

This is the best accidental PR the board has ever had. He doesnt even say anything critical of the Glazers, the only one who he insults is Woodward.

Red00012

Leaving aside the knuckle dragging fans, why would Arnold resign or the Glazers try to push him out over this?

This is the best accidental PR the board has ever had. He doesnt even say anything critical of the Glazers, the only one who he insults is Woodward.
Ya if you listened to the whole clip and not some of the rubbish been spouted online that he was quoted as saying , he came across fairly well.

AndySmith1990

He said the opposite in fact, most everyone thought we had 120M budget, but he was honest enough to say ball park 200m.

Now thanks to this utter plankton releasing the footage we are at a disadvantage.
In what way?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Even if he didn't know that someone recorded it, he obviously knew that whatever he said to them would end up on social media.

The only possibly semi-controversial thing he said was the part where he - arguably - suggested a little too directly that people who are no longer at the club did a poor job. As in - what he said can be interpreted almost as a dig.

Not that anyone disagrees - but you could argue that it isn't 100% professional. Possibly.

But given that he doesn't come across as an idiot, I'm sure he knows exactly what he can and cannot say in a situation like that. In other words - if he was indeed taking the piss out of Woodward (kind of), he probably knows that Joel/Avram will be cool with that.

stw2022

Is the full recording out there? I've only ever seen the 2 minute-ish version

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It was interesting to hear from him (although he didn’t say anything unforgettable) but I still wish he hadn’t done it as it will only encourage it to happen again. Why are the majority of our fans so unlikeable, no wonder neutral fans are still celebrating our demise ten years on.

Keefy18

In what way?
Isn't it obvious?

We're currently in negotiations with Barca for FDJ.

They want to rinse us for every cent they can due to their financial issues, we've bid approx 65m with I think 10m in add ons. They want 100m! We likely said we can't do that as we have x amount in our transfer kitty and believe the offer is fair etc etc...

Arnold was decent enough (albeit naïve) to say we've actually got 200m in the kitty.

If you're Barca are you going to ignore this fact and say ah so you've extra funds, that's OK we don't want it?

It's akin to Woodwards famous remarks years ago saying we've x amount in the war chest and we can afford any player. Isn't that the very thing the anti glazer protest idiot type complains about?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Let's supposed it was a PR stunt but I think it speaks well of Arnold anyway - that he is willing to talk to fans directly. In my book that's a good thing.
Agreed. Whether done on the down low by the person recording it, or whether an intentional PR stunt - Arnold seems to have come out of it looking pretty good.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
My main takeaway is you could feel his pain at how rubbish we have been recently. Good.

stw2022

Nobody seems to have picked up on the "new stadium" mention that he appeared to say 2 or 3 times

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Comes across like a normal person which immediately makes him better than that w*nker.
I know a couple of people who worked alongside him in the commercial team in the early years of finding sponsors for everything.

Both obviously United fans, both moved on to other jobs before SAF left so as bummed and not-ITK as any of us. They both swear by him.

Lost bear

I know a couple of people who worked alongside him in the commercial team in the early years of finding sponsors for everything.

Both obviously United fans, both moved on to other jobs before SAF left so as bummed and not-ITK as any of us. They both swear by him.
I must say, I think he comes across well- as someone who gives a shit, who will take the time to reason with people, and someone who is prepared to be honest. These characeristics are not so common at the moment. I believe all of this is quite encouraging for the future, something I never felt with Woodward.

stw2022

Do we think they actually expected him to come out and talk to them or do we think they were a bit miffed they didn't get their usual stock picture of them holding a bed sheet with writing on as they stood there in balaclavas?

Tony247

Absolutely disgusting and despicable to record a private conversation without consent.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Fair play for the way he handled it. Filming him without his permission though is pretty low… that’s the reason something like this will probably never happen again. Idiot fans ruining it. There needs to be regular meetings between fans and someone high up in the club though to keep a healthy relationship.

big rons sovereign

Do we think they actually expected him to come out and talk to them or do we think they were a bit miffed they didn't get their usual stock picture of them holding a bed sheet with writing on as they stood there in balaclavas?
That's pretty much it really. They wanted the headlines for their little protest at his house, instead he's fronted them out and they don't like it.

Giggsy13

I respect Arnold for stepping up like that. These lads who recorded him are dishonourable little shits. I hate the world we live in now, no honour and any honest act gets twisted for some other purpose. It’s amazing that anyone on our board comes out looking good, and these idiots made it happen.

crossy1686

career ending
Fair play for the way he handled it. Filming him without his permission though is pretty low… that’s the reason something like this will probably never happen again. Idiot fans ruining it. There needs to be regular meetings between fans and someone high up in the club though to keep a healthy relationship.
The problem is that the people who want to have the meetings are morons who don't believe anything being said anyway. Some of these blokes have no intention of being part of anything positive, they're just literally got nothing else to do with their time except hold their mums painted bedsheets outside peoples homes.

Lost bear

:lol:

TsuWave

people are making a bigger deal of this than it needs to be. shouldn't have recorded him - credit to him for engaging with the fans.

move on

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
people are making a bigger deal of this than it needs to be. shouldn't have recorded him - credit to him for engaging with the fans.

move on
Isn’t that what everyone is saying?

Sviken

Came off very well. This secret recording has been, ironically, a good PR for him