Richard Arnold secretly filmed whilst speaking to supporters

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Clearly protesting at a guy’s private residence is within their core values.
Bizarre statement - who is this refering to? And what exactly is the racist incident that's supposed to have happened?!

choccy77

What's troubling is, I was looking at twitter comments this morning & a number of these 1958 supporters or wannabies, are saying about going after the official supporters Trust & trying to get the Liverpool pre season match abandoned also.

I thought that game was being played abroad? (Just saw its in Bangkok) so it is worrying, (IF) this is on the agenda & people are thinking these things.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Bizarre statement - who is this refering to? And what exactly is the racist incident that's supposed to have happened?!
Sounds like a bunch of previously unknown supporters trying to make a name for themselves to me.

Lynty

Clearly protesting at a guy’s private residence is within their core values.
Wow, talk about having an exagerated sense of self importance. Trying to act like a FTSE100 company on a universal credit budget. Statement is complete waffle.

Keefy18

Wow, talk about having an exagerated sense of self importance. Trying to act like a FTSE100 company on a universal credit budget. Statement is complete waffle.
What do you expect when they use a horrific tragedy like Munich as a group name whilst acting like thugs.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

So of the 6-8 people that seemed to be at that “meeting” one thinks it went really well, one’s been ranting about how it was all PR spiel, one of them leaked the plan which caused Arnold to come to the pub and the one who filmed it has been kicked out for chasing twitter clout by another one who has also been kicked out for being a massive racist.

So it’s going well

Last edited:

Zen86

Course he knew....and it would make him look like a right village idiot if he said he didn't realise that he could be secretly filmed.
So now has come out and said he knew it was possible, therefore his answers are not going to be as refreshingly honest and frank as some would like to think they are.
Who's to even say he wasn't advised by Club PR team to "make such a bold move" and meet the protesters at the pub and prepped to say certain things ...just enough to pacify the mob without throwing his employers and colleagues under the bus.
And how did he find out about the protesters....ffs is there a mole in the gang? (probably the same guy who's recording) the club is infested with them More leaks than the Old Trafford roof.

Quick call to The Glazer boys on the way to the pub... "Listen Joel, Avram you're gonna see a video of me fraternizing with the enemy, with me calling you leeching cnuts, don't worry its all for the cameras, although I'll put most of the blame on Woody & all the other clueless wankers that have left, yeah, feck 'em ,I'll use them as speed bumps in the bus lane instead.
Oh n how much we got to spend roughly? 100-200 mill.? Right..leave it with me boys, I'll sort these troublesome peasants out"

"Pints... phone camera... aaand Faction!"

P.S. Shit there's redneck hillbillies involved as well:eek:

Hurry up and get the show started Erik...everyone's going stir crazy here. Silly season indeed.

Keep the faith!
I know there's a big conspiracy that this was some big Glazer stunt, but no PR or marketing team would ever, ever advocate the CEO having this sort of meeting.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It's honestly hard to believe that actual adults behave like this. Bunch of weirdos.

choccy77

It's honestly hard to believe that actual adults behave like this. Bunch of weirdos.
Just had a look through all the twitter comments & it's just embarrassing that these people are associated with this club.

They ultimately do more harm than the Glazers have & they talk about bringing United together, yet, they can't even bring their own group of mindless racist thugs together.

Keefy18

Just had a look through all the twitter comments & it's just embarrassing that these people are associated with this club.

They ultimately do more harm than the Glazers have & they talk about bringing United together, yet, they can't even bring their own group of mindless racist thugs together.
Shouldn't really be surprising, I'd be certain almost all them are poorly educated and their go to for resolving any disagreement is aggression of some kind. Be it racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist or physical.

The very fact they use a tragedy and the deaths of people to highlight their "cause" should tell you everything you need to know about these louts.

Last edited:

Greck

What the hell went on in only 24 hours? :lol: One of the most hilarious most bizzare things I've ever seen. Imagine going to protest a cause with mass support and getting yourself cancelled. and protesters now throwing mud at each other. When did the race thing even enter the equation?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

So of the 6-8 people that seemed to be at that “meeting” one thinks it went really well, one’s been ranting about how it was all PR spiel, one of them leaked the plan which caused Arnold to come to the pub and the one who filmed it has been kicked out for chasing twitter clout by another one who has also been kicked out for being a massive racist.

So it’s going well
It seems Mr Arnold has played a blinder. He’s simultaneously protected his family and home, impressed and engaged with the reasonable portion of the fan base, and seemingly unsettled the trouble causing element of the supporter base. Good stuff.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I know there's a big conspiracy that this was some big Glazer stunt, but no PR or marketing team would ever, ever advocate the CEO having this sort of meeting.
Why not? Arnold has come out of this looking like a hero. Single handedly fronting up to a mob who where preparing to protest at his house. He now comes across as a man of the people. One of us if you like. If this was an impromptu meeting then the best PR team in the world couldn't of gotten a better result. No matter the sequence of events Arnold now has a large X in the positive column. Something that Woodward never had. However the meeting came about fair play to the man.

Infra-red

Arnold with a bigger PR win within five minutes of taking the job than Ed Woodward managed in nine years.

He has also succeeded in outing 'the 1958' as a bunch of morons that nobody could or would ever take seriously again.

Impressive.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Its best if you don't dig deeper into the kind of cnuts that would show up to protest outside a CEO's house over a football club.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
It seems Mr Arnold has played a blinder. He’s simultaneously protected his family and home, impressed and engaged with the reasonable portion of the fan base, and seemingly unsettled the trouble causing element of the supporter base. Good stuff.
Already more impressive than the entirety of Woodward's reign.

Zen86

Why not? Arnold has come out of this looking like a hero. Single handedly fronting up to a mob who where preparing to protest at his house. He now comes across as a man of the people. One of us if you like. If this was an impromptu meeting then the best PR team in the world couldn't of gotten a better result. No matter the sequence of events Arnold now has a large X in the positive column. Something that Woodward never had. However the meeting came about fair play to the man.
I think you're overblowing the impact of this. He hasn't come out looking like a hero at all, he's gained nothing more than people thinking he came across ok. He hasn't bought himself any more time on what he had before, he's new in the job and overseeing structural changes to the club.

Contrast that to the impact of him dropping an absolute whopper, which is what this group and the media were looking for. If anything, he's lucky to come out of this unscathed.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Arnold came across very well. Call it PR, call it what you want, but he managed the situation better than I could've hoped to. Also, have to say, he looks quite good for someone in his 50s, since he was appointed I was under the impression he was late 30s/early 40s!

Keefy18

I think you're overblowing the impact of this. He hasn't come out looking like a hero at all, he's gained nothing more than people thinking he came across ok. He hasn't bought himself any more time on what he had before, he's new in the job and overseeing structural changes to the club.

Contrast that to the impact of him dropping an absolute whopper, which is what this group and the media were looking for. If anything, he's lucky to come out of this unscathed.
He's very much come out of this on top.

Would you have the balls to go out and face up to a group of thugs marching towards your home? Considering what Woodward and Maguire have put up with recently from this scumbags he was very brave to do that.

MUFC OK

He came across pretty well. He's clearly keen to draw a distinction between himself and Woodward and show that we're trying to do things differently. The proof will be in our transfer dealings though, and lets be honest we are behind schedule already. Hoping we can somehow get 3 in for pre-season but that seems an impossibility unless we absolutely know who our targets are.

MUFC OK

Yeah I actually think these morons do more harm to the club than good. Arnold's pragmatism left them with nothing to say.

Zen86

He's very much come out of this on top.

Would you have the balls to go out and face up to a group of thugs marching towards your home? Considering what Woodward and Maguire have put up with recently from this scumbags he was very brave to do that.
I wouldn't do it if I was CEO no, because it was actually a pretty stupid thing to do in his position. But like I've said before, fair play to him for coming out of this ok. It's not going to save his job though if he doesn't deliver on what he's here to do, but it could quite easily have ruined his reputation if it went badly. That's more the point I was making, it's the kind of risk no PR team would take (hence it was all on him).

Keefy18

I wouldn't do it if I was CEO no, because it was actually a pretty stupid thing to do in his position. But like I've said before, fair play to him for coming out of this ok. It's not going to save his job though if he doesn't deliver on what he's here to do, but it could quite easily have ruined his reputation if it went badly. That's more the point I was making, it's the kind of risk no PR team would take (hence it was all on him).
It was brave to do it for sure, but he knows if he didn't do it... it'd be all over social media then that he is a glazer whipping boy and afraid to face "supporters".

He faced them and now they know he's come out of it better so they are attempting to say it was all a PR stunt and he knew he'd be recorded and it was lies and fake info... if they came out of it better why would they need to tweet these types of sentiments?

But I agree it could have easily done that if he handled it poorly, he obviously was brave and confident enough to face up to these plankton and better them.

Blood Mage

We have one of the most disorganised and clueless fanbases around and the Glazers would probably have left years ago if we didn't.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

The only question worth mentioning is if Arnold has come out of it in a positive or negative light? I think the answer is obvious. The most positive aspect is him trying to get rid of our Disney land status which has affected the club for a long time now and finally act like a professional club that gives the impression that we know what we're doing with all the changes being made.

I really don't care if it was a PR stunt or an off the cuff meeting. I thought Arnold came out of it very well and gave the impression he's a footballing person instead of an accountant dressed up in a big boys suit. Of course one meeting doesn't change a lot but looking through the 20 pages of this thread it does seem he has a lot more supporters than he did a few days ago. Calculated risk it may have been but it does seem to have paid off.

Zen86

The only question worth mentioning is if Arnold has come out of it in a positive or negative light? I think the answer is obvious. The most positive aspect is him trying to get rid of our Disney land status which has affected the club for a long time now and finally act like a professional club that gives the impression that we know what we're doing with all the changes being made.

I really don't care if it was a PR stunt or an off the cuff meeting. I thought Arnold came out of it very well and gave the impression he's a footballing person instead of an accountant dressed up in a big boys suit. Of course one meeting doesn't change a lot but looking through the 20 pages of this thread it does seem he has a lot more supporters than he did a few days ago. Calculated risk it may have been but it does seem to have paid off.
Like I said, he's come out of it well and he's more popular than he was a few days ago. It doesn't really change much, this will all be forgotten a month from now.

crossy1686

career ending
what a car crash of a statement

someone who isn’t a member with us did something bad, but that isn’t aligned with our core values

also one of us was racist, but that isn’t aligned with our core values

um… did we mention our core values yet?…
“It’s not my fault I filmed him, I got told to go.”

crossy1686

career ending

So it’s going well
I think Shakespeare wrote a play about this

youngrell

This disorganisation of these guys is hilarious. They all came out with differing views and agendas from the meeting and have now turned on each other. Quite the achievement.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Right! Arnold comes in, takes off his coat - body odour - takes off his hat, sits down to drink his pint. Sees the tweet. Sees me. Shock! Rescue, rescue, rescue, rescue. Remorse, remorse, guilt, guilt, guilt, whirlwind of self-loathing... and Arnold buys me a drink. Fiendish!
Classic Bottom. Well played.
A toast (Old Spice, of course) to that.

crossy1686

career ending
Like I said, he's come out of it well and he's more popular than he was a few days ago. It doesn't really change much, this will all be forgotten a month from now.
Not only has Arnold come out of this with credibility, this joke of a protest group and done irreversible damage to their reputation.

mu4c_20le

This disorganisation of these guys is hilarious. They all came out with differing views and agendas from the meeting and have now turned on each other. Quite the achievement.
Well it does say that they are a group of people who got together by chance. Doesn't sound like a tight knit group

choccy77

The fact that Arnold was made aware ahead of time, I have no doubt he would have spoken to one of the Glazers to get some kind of clearance perhaps.

Even if you're CEO, you don't say some of those things without some kind of clearance from the owners I feel.