Richarlison | Tottenham watch

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Wills Spurs buy to replace Kane or give this dude a go as starting number 9?
They will have to get a backup in for sure, surely they wouldn't go into the season with just Richarlison up top? if he goes down they are stuck putting kids up front, or sticking Son there. But I feel he will be the main go to striker now Kane is on his way to Bayern.

Telsim

The only thing I remember of this lad from the previous season are his two goals from the WC. Never rated him and I'm glad we passed on this. Be interesting to see what he does now, though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I have a feeling that he will suit Ange perfectly. He is a pressing forward and loves to run around and getting involved in the game and we saw at the World Cup that he’s capable of good build up play too.

marktan

I have a feeling that he will suit Ange perfectly. He is a pressing forward and loves to run around and getting involved in the game and we saw at the World Cup that he’s capable of good build up play too.
How would an Everton fan classify his time at Everton? Good, great?

redcucumber

I've always sort of liked him. I remember @sullydnl saying he could be our version of Jota (not in playstyle, but making that step up to a big club and building on decent to good output). Definitely would have been useful to have around.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Was a no brainer United signing
Not sure about 'no brainer', but I always wanted him bought in if we could get him relatively cheap. The type of player that could be a good squad player who can play multiple roles, has a decent amount of skill and is a real workhorse, while potentially being able to step up to the next level and force his way into the starting line-up.

Spurs ended up paying more than I thought he'd go for, and he obviously struggled last season. Sounds like he's starting to step back up to the level I expected of him now though.

marktan

Well two of the picks I wanted in the summer of 2022 (Richarlison, Bissouma) have both come good. Conte really did a number on the Spurs team.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I salute you Richy, very brave.

He talks about losing the mental strength, I say talking so openly about his depression is exactly that. Strength, not a weakness. So proud of him.

Hope he’s feeling better and gets all the help and support he needs.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I salute you, very brave. He talks about losing the mental strength, I say talking so openly about his depression is exactly that. Strength, not a weakness. So proud of him.

:( So sad. Glad he got the help he needed and he looks back to his best this season.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Good that he got help. Seems to be back on track. Interesting to see more players coming out with their mental health issues. It's already way less stigmatized these days, but it's still good he is publicizing it.

Unfortunately, far roo many folks dont really have effective access to that kind of help.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I salute you Richy, very brave.

He talks about losing the mental strength, I say talking so openly about his depression is exactly that. Strength, not a weakness. So proud of him.

Absolutely adore Richarlison. Proper throwback and a hell of a number 9. Insanely talented, emotional and properly nutty. But such a decent fella.

Really glad that he’s wide open about stuff like this. As the old saying goes “Depression doesn’t mean you’re weak. It’s a sign of you being strong for too long”.

The lad has lived a mad life and is one of the footballers that I really root for. Impossible not to love in my eyes. Don’t think football has seen the best of him by a long way.