Richarlison | Tottenham watch

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
His output is the worst out of your forward line though, and he's not a kid but a 26 year old in the prime of his career. Scoring 1 goal and getting 2 assists in 20 odd games isn't remotely good enough, even if he does work well with Digne. In the modern game wide players are expected to deliver goals and assists and he's managed to do worse in that respect than a Theo Walcott who is past his best and having probably his worst season ever.

I get your point regarding Pienarr, but at his best he was twice as productive as Bernard, he still wasn't ripping it up in that respect but he was contributing. Too often when I watch you he seems a bit of a damp squib of a player, not capable of having decisive moments and I really doubt he strikes any fear in to opposition players. Being good technically and working hard isn't enough for a starting wide player if you want to be making that step up next season, imo one of your biggest priorities should be bringing in another player like Richarlison, someone else who actually scares defenders.
I honestly don't think that any Everton fan would agree with you. Walcott is poor not because of his output but his overall game. Bernard is the same as DCL for us in that both of them really only need to improve their output and we'll be grand. I honestly couldn't care less about him striking fear into opponents. If you know what a Silva team is all about then you will know it is about workrate, particularly in the final third which he is great at. Improve his output and that will be the cherry on top.

Rumours are that we are interested in signing another winger anyway as competition for the lads.

steakpie

Given we're linked with pretty much everyone, I keep waiting for us to be linked with him. He'd share the burden with Rashford and would definitely fit the style Ole apparently wants to pursue.
He literally has a worst first touch than Lukaku and gives the ball away constantly.

crossy1686

career ending
Don't get him.

He starts every season blindingly well, then goes off the boil around Christmas after he's fallen out with someone.

I don't think he's the kind of player we should be targeting or need, we've got enough that play when they want to.

Champagne Football

No chance we're buying him. Have a feeling our front 3 next season will be James, Moussa Dembele and Rashford with Martial and Greenwood as back up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Don't get him.

He starts every season blindingly well, then goes off the boil around Christmas after he's fallen out with someone.

I don't think he's the kind of player we should be targeting or need, we've got enough that play when they want to.
Yeah...no. He did that at Watford which was...one season. He was inconsistent for us but there aren't many players of his age who aren't and his workrate all season was excellent. Still popped up with 13 goals in the league whilst being played in every position in the forward line without complaints. I don't think you watch him if you think his workrate or attitude on the pitch is shit.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I honestly don't think that any Everton fan would agree with you. Walcott is poor not because of his output but his overall game. Bernard is the same as DCL for us in that both of them really only need to improve their output and we'll be grand. I honestly couldn't care less about him striking fear into opponents. If you know what a Silva team is all about then you will know it is about workrate, particularly in the final third which he is great at. Improve his output and that will be the cherry on top.

Rumours are that we are interested in signing another winger anyway as competition for the lads.

Your ultimate aim is to challenge the top six, right? You aren't doing that with a wide player who gets 1 goal and 2 assists starting. Period. Regardless of how hard he works off the ball and how much his teammates like him.

Other teams have players like that (Lingard, Lamela etc) with 3 or 4 times the output. Getting goals and assists isn't the cherry on the top for a wide player in 2019, it's the bread and butter. Top sides do not have unproductive wide players, it just does not happen. They must work hard, must compliment teammates AND must score and assist.

Output matters, Walcott is poor because of his overall game and the output. Good PL sides can't have attacking players who are just good on the ball, you need goals from wide positions.

If he's really that popular with Everton fans I'm surprised. I've watched a lot of your games this season and in every one he's the least threatening attacking player on the pitch, I really don't see what he does except work well off the ball, but really, is that honestly enough for you?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Your ultimate aim is to challenge the top six, right? You aren't doing that with a wide player who gets 1 goal and 2 assists starting. Period. Regardless of how hard he works off the ball and how much his teammates like him.

Other teams have players like that (Lingard, Lamela etc) with 3 or 4 times the output. Getting goals and assists isn't the cherry on the top for a wide player in 2019, it's the bread and butter. Top sides do not have unproductive wide players, it just does not happen. They must work hard, must compliment teammates AND must score and assist.

Output matters, Walcott is poor because of his overall game and the output. Good PL sides can't have attacking players who are just good on the ball, you need goals from wide positions.

If he's really that popular with Everton fans I'm surprised. I've watched a lot of your games this season and in every one he's the least threatening attacking player on the pitch, I really don't see what he does except work well off the ball, but really, is that honestly enough for you?

As i've said, for his first season I am not too worried. If it is consistent then I will be because the work we are putting in isn't enough. For now the progress he has made in settling into a new club in a league which is going to be physically demanding for someone of his size is great and i'm happy. I also know from watching him each week that he's creating chances and he's involved in build up play for goals despite not getting the last 'assist' which can sometimes be very skewed as a stat. I don't really think that being 3 or 4 times the output of 1 goal is that productive either. I don't think that modern football relies on specific players being productive, it requires the whole attacking unit to be so, including the central midfielders. We have Gylfi and Richarlison who are stat heavy and tbh to me we just need one more to add to that whether that is DCL/Bernard missing out or an upgrade on either. I just disagree that he's rubbish/not good enough.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
As i've said, for his first season I am not too worried. If it is consistent then I will be because the work we are putting in isn't enough. For now the progress he has made in settling into a new club in a league which is going to be physically demanding for someone of his size is great and i'm happy. I also know from watching him each week that he's creating chances and he's involved in build up play for goals despite not getting the last 'assist' which can sometimes be very skewed as a stat. I don't really think that being 3 or 4 times the output of 1 goal is that productive either. I don't think that modern football relies on specific players being productive, it requires the whole attacking unit to be so, including the central midfielders. We have Gylfi and Richarlison who are stat heavy and tbh to me we just need one more to add to that whether that is DCL/Bernard missing out or an upgrade on either. I just disagree that he's rubbish/not good enough.

The size thing is overstated imo. Plenty of small players thrive in the PL, Ryan Fraser's tearing it up at Bournemouth and he's as small as Bernard.

The top teams in modern football have productive attacking players, it's incredibly rare to see a side who will have an attacking player in there just for his work rate/off the ball contribution. There are players out there who do both and that's the kind of player you should be looking for imo.

He's fine as a squad player, but going forward if you really want to crack the top six you'll need a better starting option out wide, somebody who can get in double figures for goals/assists and really be a nightmare for opposing fullbacks. Bernard is pretty easy to contain and not a goal threat.

TBH I see him as your Lamela. The fans like him because he works hard and has technical ability, but the reality is that won't be enough long term and you'll be wanting an upgrade.
Although really you need a proper CF even more than that, unless Richarlison is going to be permanently taking up that role?

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah...no. He did that at Watford which was...one season. He was inconsistent for us but there aren't many players of his age who aren't and his workrate all season was excellent. Still popped up with 13 goals in the league whilst being played in every position in the forward line without complaints. I don't think you watch him if you think his workrate or attitude on the pitch is shit.
To be fair, seeing as United have been monumentally shit I haven't watched much match of the day and every time I've seen his name it's been a sending off or something similar.

C'est Moi Cantona

Bit of a Lidl cake with our targets at the moment.
Hey don't knock Lidl, it might be cheap, but there is a bit of quality there sometimes, so we could be on to something for a change.

Certainly beats going to M&S and getting overpriced, out of date, rubbish.

Nialinho

This guy would be my number one pick to replace Rom. He would cost big money but be an instant upgrade, can play across the front three and will get even better with time. Not to mention he works hard and will press well from the front, always gives 100% and doesn't quit. He's exactly the sort of character which would be worth splashing the cash on.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This guy would be my number one pick to replace Rom. He would cost big money but be an instant upgrade, can play across the front three and will get even better with time. Not to mention he works hard and will press well from the front, always gives 100% and doesn't quit. He's exactly the sort of character which would be worth splashing the cash on.
He’s the one I want too. He’s on the brink and will move at some point in the next 24 months and get 30 goals where he goes.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He’s the most non-Brazilian Brazilian forward I’ve seen. Doesn’t use many fancy tricks or flair but instead is a highly determined workhorse. He’s bloody quality in terms of his movement and football intelligence and his defensive work rate is brilliant.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
He’s the most non-Brazilian Brazilian forward I’ve seen. Doesn’t use many fancy tricks or flair but instead is a highly determined workhorse. He’s bloody quality in terms of his movement and football intelligence and his defensive work rate is brilliant.
Do you reckon Everton would ask a lot of money for him? I think Greyworm would suit United and Ole perfectly

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Do you reckon Everton would ask a lot of money for him? I think Greyworm would suit United and Ole perfectly
Everton signed him for 40m + didn't they so you're talking double that with how young he is.

I think he's a cracking player but last two seasons he's had mid season dips so needs more consistancy in his game. Lots of potential though.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Agreed. I've watched plenty of Everton since he's been there and is just plain average.
So the average PL winger scores 14 goals in one EPL season. Interesting..

Yagami

Good post resistant
So the average PL winger scores 14 goals in one EPL season. Interesting..
Well, I'm not knocking his goal return. His general play however is average, and that's what I really look at ahead of stats. It's why, despite impressive stats at Chelsea and Dortmund, I was against the signings of Mkhi and Mata for example.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well, I'm not knocking his goal return. His general play however is average, and that's what I really look at ahead of stats. It's why, despite impressive stats at Chelsea and Dortmund, I was against the signings of Mkhi and Mata for example.
I seriously doubt how much you watch him play then.