Richarlison | Tottenham watch

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I always find Richarlison to be similar as Rashford in Jose's era (Rashford in Ole era is better).

Basically, not in a stage of a top player currently but a good & dangerous player to play against. He has pace, aggression, tenacity, the way how he beat his man one on one is similar to Rashford and he's not a natural goal scorer but someone who can score around 10 goals per season. I watched him more often as a 2nd striker, and everytime I watched him, he has an incredible work rate and always everywhere. He did play on the right with Brazil but don't think he was effective enough playing on the right.

Any club who will sign him next can be benefit with his versatility that he can offer to the squad. Striker, No 10, Left & Right. I don't think he'll ever be a type of player that you want to build around, probably more a support player who can give trouble to opposition defender like Thomas Muller.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Probably the only good bit of business Everton has done since they started spending.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
7 goals in his last 11 appearances against the top 6.
Since the start of last season the only Brazilian to score more league goals than him is Neymar with 28 compared to his 24.
He has made the most tackles of any forward in the Premier League this season, 20 more than 2nd place.

He really is becoming a fantastic player and his partnership with DCL is becoming a really good one and nightmare for any defence.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Top top player. @BigDunc9 Do you (Everton fans) prefer him out wide or up front? I think he has it all in his game to be a proper no.9 in a few years time.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Top top player. @BigDunc9 Do you (Everton fans) prefer him out wide or up front? I think he has it all in his game to be a proper no.9 in a few years time.
I personally think his best position is as a CF behind DCL where he’s able to float around and do whatever he wants basically. Their partnership is excellent as they both are able to do that but know when to cover the other or be there for the other. What’s great is that Richy can also play out wide if we want to use someone like Kean or another striker and switch formation.

The free role allows him to use all of his attributes to the best of their ability. The running onto scraps from DCL, the dribbling and winning fouls, the defensive side of his game which is unmatched by any other forward as I’ve been repeating in this thread for a while.

He’s one of the most complete forwards in the PL at the moment.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I think the majority agree with @SilentWitness . He's much more involved in the middle and i want him in the box as much as possible , especially that his heading ability is a huge weapon of his. He is also able to drop deeper when required and do a job on the opposition midfielder who is trying to control the game. He didn't allow Ndidi a minute on the ball on Wednesday and Leicester was able to control the game once he went of injured.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m a huge fan of his and have been advocating united buying him and playing him as a 9. I think he’d be amazing for United in a free flowing front 3. That being said that’s before martial got his head down. I’d probably still take him rather than martial though, his work rate is infectious as well as his obvious quality

Robbie Boy

He's played 78 times for Everton and has 29 goals so that's a pretty unrealistic target. Could see him getting into the low 20's if Ancelotti can sort the team out.

E-mal

I’m a huge fan of his and have been advocating united buying him and playing him as a 9. I think he’d be amazing for United in a free flowing front 3. That being said that’s before martial got his head down. I’d probably still take him rather than martial though, his work rate is infectious as well as his obvious quality
That statement there is a golden blunder. He isn't even half as good as Martial and that's even obvious to the average non united fan. His first touch not as good, his dribbling not even close and his link up play us very mediocre. The underrating of Martial, goodness!

SambaBoy

I'd have him at United. He's a very good player, and is only going to get better. Got the right attitude to go with his ability as well. If I had to choose a number 9 out of him and Martial, I would still go with Martial but as others have mentioned he can cover many positions and be a great attacking option for us.

However, he would cost too much ( close to Sancho levels) so I would much rather go for someone who's best position is RW but can play in others. Out the front 4 positions, RW is probably Richarlison's worst position.

Charles Miller

Just a manager pushing a young player to exceed his limit. Nothing new.

Not realistic. Need penalties to help him reach even 20 goals.
30 its impossible. He does much more defensive work than any other attacking player in the Premier League and is not taking PKs. Still he can score in the EPL as much as Lautaro Martinez in Serie A or Harvetz in the Bundesliga. If Everton can bring at least some good midfielders, its possible that Richarlison could score 20 goals. There is a good text in the Times about the EPL "unsung heroes XI" on this subject:

The full list of players who are younger than Richarlison who have been involved in more Premier League goals this season is two names long: Marcus Rashford and Tammy Abraham. Unlike those two, the Brazilian plays for a team that has spent most of the season in the bottom half. What makes Richarlison really unique is the way he defends from the front. He has won 44 tackles this season, more than Fabinho and Paul Pogba put together, and is the only player in the league with more than five goals and more than 35 tackles won.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
We are aggressively pushing our South American marketing at the moment. James has given us unprecedented exposure these past few weeks. I think he is the 5th most followed sports player on Instagram or something crazy like that.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
We are aggressively pushing our South American marketing at the moment. James has given us unprecedented exposure these past few weeks. I think he is the 5th most followed sports player on Instagram or something crazy like that.
I just went to a certain everton forum for the first time in ages and it was full of Colombian's! James is a popular boy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah I heard he's got 300m instagram followers or something bonkers :lol:

I guess south americans love dancing.

El Jefe

Surely Ancelotti has to move to a 352 formation at some point, It'll get the most out of Digne, James and Richarlison.

On Richarlison though, even though he's already very good, if coaches can polish his game a bit more I think he can be a hell of a player. He reminds me of Diego Costa and Diego Milito.

Walters_19_MuFc

Surely Ancelotti has to move to a 352 formation at some point, It'll get the most out of Digne, James and Richarlison.

On Richarlison though, even though he's already very good, if coaches can polish his game a bit more I think he can be a hell of a player. He reminds me of Diego Costa and Diego Milito.
They seemed to have started the season pretty well with a 433.

Wayne's World

He's a player I'd love to see us take a chance on him. Capable of playing across the frontline but is dangerous in every postion.

Great movement, strong runner and physically getting better every season. Think this is going to be a big season for him personally and could reach scoring 20+ goals with the midfield Everton now have to give him supply.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
His stats at Everton are pretty good overall aren't they?

Usually hits 15-20 a season and decent number of assists.

Only 23 and plays for Brazil regularly so feels like he's one amazing season away from one of the elite teams coming in and signing him. Interesting how his career goes next 2-3 years as he's generally becoming more consistant now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
His stats at Everton are pretty good overall aren't they?

Usually hits 15-20 a season and decent number of assists.

Only 23 and plays for Brazil regularly so feels like he's one amazing season away from one of the elite teams coming in and signing him. Interesting how his career goes next 2-3 years as he's generally becoming more consistant now.
He has had a poor season. I think last season and this seasons form has shown that his best position (which I’ve previously said) is as a CF behind or alongside DCL. The problem with that is Rodriguez.

I would really like to see us play a 4-3-1-2

with Allan, Davies, Doucoure as the 3, Rodriguez as the 1 and DCL/Richarlison as the 2. Our 3 can drop back and help our fullbacks when they push forward and the best part of Richarlisons game is his work rate so he will be able to help out too. That’s something which hasn’t been poor this season despite the other things.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He has had a poor season. I think last season and this seasons form has shown that his best position (which I’ve previously said) is as a CF behind or alongside DCL. The problem with that is Rodriguez.

I would really like to see us play a 4-3-1-2

with Allan, Davies, Doucoure as the 3, Rodriguez as the 1 and DCL/Richarlison as the 2. Our 3 can drop back and help our fullbacks when they push forward and the best part of Richarlisons game is his work rate so he will be able to help out too. That’s something which hasn’t been poor this season despite the other things.
This is what I thought - he had a lot of quiet games this season hasnt he?

He started the season well alongside the rest of Everton but then became a bit of a quiet man when Everton arguably needed him to the most.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Word on the street that he’s going to be Mbappe’s replacement. €100m?

RUCK4444

Never been all that impressed by him. Feels like he has 10 average games to every good performance.

Bit like Martial before his levels dropped to zero good performances.