Richarlison | Tottenham watch

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
I'm not convinced he's as good as some of you think. He is one of those players that tries fancy things but ends up bundling his way through. It's hard to say what it is, like the idea is there but the execution isn't always great. I'm not sure I've ever see this type of player become prominent at a top team. There just isn't that "crispness" to his technique that you expect from a top level player.
You've literally described Suarez there

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sorry about that, meant to say he's already double the player Zaha is when it comes to movement which is important for any potential 'world class' player.
Ah yes, definitely. Showed it again last night. He won't be at Watford for very long, me thinks.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had impressive game, his movement is very good. Think one of the big clubs will sign him.

DelPotro

We need to sign him. I don't think he will be very expensive either after just 1 season in the EPL.

Ole90+3

Lindelof kept him quiet for the majority of the game by staying tight and not letting himself get squared up. Credit to him because Richarlison is a very good player.

Reports this morning that he's off to Chelsea in January.

Robbie Boy

Lindelof kept him quiet for the majority of the game by staying tight and not letting himself get squared up. Credit to him because Richarlison is a very good player.

Reports this morning that he's off to Chelsea in January.
I really can't see that happening. He will probably be off at the end of the season for ludicrous money, though.

Jeffthered

I must be watching another game. Richarlson is an awkward, unconventional attacking player, who is being used quite (er, cleverly...) within a pretty raw, but effective attacking unit. Watford's team aren't full of artists, they are physical, athletic, and I fully commend their approach to the game... the manager has to take a lot of credit for utilizing the talents he has to form an effective team... that's excellent management, and I wonder whether some other 'top' managers could get Watford to be as dangerous and effective has Silva has. I actually like the initial look of the boy Hughes in midfield. BUT let's not get carried away here.

Richarlson's touch needs a lot of work, a lot... his decision making isn't great and technically, he seems to try many things that simply do not work... an attribute which seems to be something that some observers, fans and pundits increasingly think makes a player 'special'. This is one of Martial's problems.

Why are we so quick to state that these players are somehow far, far better than what they really area. He has talent, yes, but he is raw. A decent impact player. For now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
His level is Watford, he'll move to a bigger club (like a Spurs or Everton) and look completely out of his level

Toad

I think he has good potential but I can’t help but feel he will ruin his career if he makes a move too quickly, he is not good enough to be at a big club in my opinion. Commentators yesterday were given him far too much credit for what he actually did. I know he is young and is playing well but I hope the big clubs don’t jump on the bandwagon and sign him because everyone is hyping him up too much. Just hope he takes his time.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Disagree. Everton need someone like him right about now!
It'll take him a long time to hit form again at Everton, I'd avoid if I was him. He either keeps up this form and ends up at a top 6 club or goes quiet as time goes on and pops up at West Ham in a season or 2! That Watford team is actually kind of like a fm save... Great management where the team is the sum of its parts, with a dangerous attacking blueprint and it's doing better than expected. I like silva and I like Watford this year. Basically made up of formerly highly rated PL players who didn't quite make it but can still be great on their day (with game time and a manager that trusts them and fans that don't expect too much) and complimented by astute young foreign singings using the club as a way into the PL. they will take points off teams there all season if they can hang onto silva and this lad

AR87

I think he should stay at Watford until the end of 2019. 2 years of consistent Premier League football will be perfect for him at this stage of his development. I like that even when they were down 3-0 he wasn't coasting along doing very litte. His application, workrate and desire to get involved will serve him well.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Disagree. Everton need someone like him right about now!
At the moment yes but we all know where Everton are isn't their true level. Better investment in January/the summer and they'll be back to making 7th place their own

Good player, fun to watch. Had an absolutely magical touch from a long ball early in the game. Very impressed with how quiet Lindelof kept him. Hope big Vic lets him out of his pocket when he plays against the other top 6 teams

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You've literally described Suarez there
I can see what you mean. I just think Suarez has a bit more control over the ball and the other big factor is that Suarez is a striker. Not many strikers could do what Suarez was doing in his prime on the ball.

I think you could find a far more polished winger than Richarlison. Malcom looks interesting.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Failed against all top teams so far. Is not ready for a big club yet.
I disagree. He put in a decent performance against Chelsea away and he had a lively 1st half against Utd. I don't remember if he played against Arsenal.

Charles Miller

I disagree. He put in a decent performance against Chelsea away and he had a lively 1st half against Utd. I don't remember if he played against Arsenal.
What i mean is he didn't have impact in the final score in big games.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What i mean is he didn't have impact in the final score in big games.
He's a kid. He doesn't need to have a big impact on the final scores of big games especially being at Watford. It's about ability and mentality when justing a talented youngster.

Even established stars like pogba struggle to impact big games. It's a bit much to expect from a kid.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
I can see what you mean. I just think Suarez has a bit more control over the ball and the other big factor is that Suarez is a striker. Not many strikers could do what Suarez was doing in his prime on the ball.

I think you could find a far more polished winger than Richarlison. Malcom looks interesting.
Suarez was also a winger at Richarlison's age. I really wouldn't be surprised if Richarlison ends up centrally

Charles Miller

Suarez was also a winger at Richarlison's age. I really wouldn't be surprised if Richarlison ends up centrally
Some coaches and even journalists tried to convince him that he should be a 9, but he doesnt want to play there.
Hes very dedicated, will evolve and i think he can very well have a relevant career in europe, but as a 9 he probably would develop better.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He seems a bit of a knob.