Richarlison | Tottenham watch

SammyUnited_83

For United? We don't need another left winger, unless he can play on the right?
Yes for the reds. Would have been brilliant for us, right, left through the centre.

In the modern market I think he will prove to be a bargain.

Would have been a Fergie type of signing.

theriddler

Supports
Liverpool FC
Looks like successive summers of spending like maniacs may finally start to work for them.

A glorious season awaits the mighty Everton. Perhaps they will finish 6th and relsease a DVD.

Tarrou

was not expecting to see a clear red after listening to Mersons description

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
Silly silly boy. Was on a run of good form. Plus he was on my fantasy team :(((

the_irish123

That's a red.
What about the smith touchign heads with him and provoking? Nothing?

Oh no I'm sure it was the attacking dangerous player who started all this, he's much less valuable to a game than Smith

Its a clear case of a shitty player trying to get the star sent off and being successful with a slight brush

I dream of a football with Smiths, Holegates etc

Nick7

Oh no I'm sure it was the attacking dangerous player who started all this, he's much less valuable to a game than Smith

Its a clear case of a shitty player trying to get the star sent off and being successful with a slight brush

You're weird.

Also nice edit removing "the white player"

Jcrossley94

A slight brush?

What’s the intent of the slight brush?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Both put their heads together, so unless smith was going in for a kiss its 50/50 imo.
Not unlike Bournemouth to pull shit like that.

Jcrossley94

Both put their heads together, so unless smith was going in for a kiss its 50/50 imo.
Not unlike Bournemouth to pull shit like that.
I think you’ve left out the part where Richarlison then pushes his head further in... you know... just like when someone is trying to headbutt someone?

the_irish123

What a bunch of terrible opinions..
Seriously I hate football now.. The game is full of rats. The fans too, reacting like that.

15 years ago the game goes on. NOw its not about football anymore, its about who made the forward gesture with their head, which player playacted more, which fans cried the most..

Dec9003

I think you’ve left out the part where Richarlison then pushes his head further in... you know... just like when someone is trying to headbutt someone?
So what was Smith putting his head in for, like I say, maybe he wanted a kiss?

Jcrossley94

So what was Smith putting his head in for, like I say, maybe he wanted a kiss?
No no... I’ll help you out seen as though you clearly haven’t watched that actual incident.

They both go head to head... no issue.

Then Richarlison decides he’s going to push his head into Smiths head even more... and with force. Presumably to inflict pain. Ergo - headbutt.

Tarrou

What a bunch of terrible opinions..
Seriously I hate football now.. The game is full of rats. The fans too, reacting like that.

15 years ago the game goes on. NOw its not about football anymore, its about who made the forward gesture with their head, which player playacted more, which fans cried the most..
what on earth are you babbling on about?

Dec9003

No no... I’ll help you out seen as though you clearly haven’t watched that actual incident.

Then Richarlison decides he’s going to push his head into Smiths head even more... and with force. Presumably to inflict pain. Ergo - headbutt.

he put his head in even more, I hope smith will be okay, did he have to be subbed with concussion after the vicious assault. :annoyed:

Jcrossley94

he put his head in even more, I hope smith will be okay, did he have to be subbed with concussion after the vicious assault. :annoyed:
I’m sure Smith appreciates your concern, but apparently he was okay afterwards... thank god! :rolleyes:

Are you saying that the reason it wasn’t a red card is because he didn’t hurt him enough?

Because you do understand it’s the intent that’s the cause for the card don’t you?

Shaun Oldman

what on earth are you babbling on about?
The changing nature of football, relatively obvious, but then I'm sure you already knew that.

The days of Sparky etc and "real" men have gone, in my eyes the glory days of football has followed them out the door.

Ref red, never a red, ref needs to have a word and Richarlison needs a couple of days community service with the local kids etc as a result.

Dec9003

I’m sure Smith appreciates your concern, but apparently he was okay afterwards... thank god! :rolleyes:

Are you saying that the reason it wasn’t a red card is because he didn’t hurt him enough?

Because you do understand it’s the intent that’s the cause for the card don’t you?
I'm saying it's not a red card because it's a none incident. Two players put their head in, one, as you say, puts it In further (laughable) and then one is shown a straight red? It's not even a case of football going soft, it's just bizzare refereeing.
If it's about intent then I'll say again, what was Smith putting his head in for?

Tarrou

I'm saying it's not a red card because it's a none incident. Two players put their head in, one, as you say, puts it In further (laughable) and then one is shown a straight red? It's not even a case of football going soft, it's just bizzare refereeing.
If it's about intent then I'll say again, what was Smith putting his head in for?
to make the other guy headbutt him

Kostur

海尔的老板
This is a funny one, I mean by the laws of the game it's obvious red, no doubt about it, but I cannot get my head around this type of shit. It's two players who decide to square up like this, this weird head touching stuff, not just one player that goes to another player and headbutts him Zidane style. So they both square up, there's this push of the head/flick, you call it, it's not like he's dragging his forehead first and then rushes it to headbutt, no, just this push, then Smith acts like a bitch and Richarlison gets a red.

I mean, if you're going to act like a bitch, go down, go to the ref, whatever, why square up in the first place?

Jcrossley94

How can you say it’s a non incident when you were literally two posts ago arguing it was 50/50?? Talk about either changing your tune or being a hypocrite.

It’s not about being soft or harsh.

Smith has targeted a player he knows will react violently... they’ve squared up and Smith got the reaction he wanted - the headbutt.

And for you to call it laughable is fine... I don’t disagree, he hardly touches him, but he tries to. And that’s what’s important.

The laws of the game clearly state that a red card should be awarded for a “strike or an attempted strike”

the_irish123

the fact Smith was sent off for that foul shows referee agrees it was a mistake and was compensating

Jcrossley94

the fact Smith was sent off for that foul shows referee agrees it was a mistake and was compensating
Interesting insight you’ve got there. Unfortunately I’m watching on my iPad so I don’t get the psychic commentary option. (you lucky guy)

Here’s an alternative option - the referee saw a defender bring down an attacker who was through on goal and red carded him appropriately?