Richarlison / signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He's Fabio Borini who had a bit of a purple patch at Watford when Everton were desperate.

11 goals in all comps next season for 60 million.
He has a goal or assist every other game. For a team that was absolute dross and lucky not to be relegated. Those stats are only going to get better with the likes of Son, Kane, Kulusevski and Perisic around him.

OverratedOpinion

Conte and the Brazil national coach disagree with you… you have to wonder if perhaps they know more about footy than you do I guess.
Sir Alex played Welbeck all the time and he was also playing frequently for his national team.

Great managers can be wrong about players.

This forum would be a bit boring if we all just ignored our own opinions and did live reports on who managers are playing wouldn't it?

OverratedOpinion

He has a goal or assist every other game. For a team that was absolute dross and lucky not to be relegated. Those stats are only going to get better with the likes of Son, Kane, Kulusevski and Perisic around him.
You think they are only going to get better. I'd imagine they will probably get worse as he will not be as much of a focal point. We will see but I think he is on the top few most overrated players in the league based on being a young Brazilian attacker who was brought for a load of money during a purple patch.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You think they are only going to get better. I'd imagine they will probably get worse as he will not be as much of a focal point. We will see but I think he is on the top few most overrated players in the league based on being a young Brazilian attacker who was brought for a load of money during a purple patch.
A goal or assist every 2 games for Everton. Did you watch them last season? That's not to be sniffed at. I suppose we'll have to see what happens, but the likes of Son and Dele Alli have put up good numbers alongside Kane, without being the focal point. Richarlison isn't even the focal point all the time for Everton, quite often they play through DCL.

SirScholes

A goal or assist every 2 games for Everton. Did you watch them last season? That's not to be sniffed at. I suppose we'll have to see what happens, but the likes of Son and Dele Alli have put up good numbers alongside Kane, without being the focal point. Richarlison isn't even the focal point all the time for Everton, quite often they play through DCL.
his stats are ok, he was in that Everton side as well so needs to burden some of the blame
60 million for him is mental, he’s a very spurs signing which doesn’t move the needle at all

SirScholes

We should have been all over this. But of course, again, we bow to every wish of the manager without having a coherent long-term strategy in place. It's Groundhog Day really. Van Gaal, Mourinho, Ten Haag, the names change but the same old failing strategy remains. I sincerely hope Ten Haag will succeed, because if he doesn't we'll find ourselves in the same position we do today, an unbalanced squad assembled to fit 4 different managers with 4 different philosophies.
Why? So we can have 2 average Brazilians ? Imagine being a team that paid 110 million for Fred and Richarlison haha

SirScholes

Maybe Kane is leaving…?

If not, Conte will be pushing to win the PL or CL this season, not scrape Top 4. Proper manager.
Is this place losing the plot?
spurs sign richarlison and now this lad reckons conte will be winning the champions league
There is another post somewhere going on about Newcastle being a top 4 team

stay off the cool aid

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
So will Everton be in a relegation scrap again?

Tyrion

Why? So we can have 2 average Brazilians ? Imagine being a team that paid 110 million for Fred and Richarlison haha
Buying key players from other PL sides isn't something we should do often anyway. Look at Grealish or Maguire. It's absurdly expensive. It's better to get players from outside the PL imo.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
I think he'll start for Spurs next season. Ahead of Kulusevski. Factor in his versatility and engine and you can't help but like this signing for Spurs. Especially if they can get a creativity right wingback. Spurs have done some good business, don't necessarily want their signings for us but they are definitely well suited to Conte's style of play.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He was the main man at Everton, where everything went through him, I don’t think his numbers will shoot up the way you expect. But he does have quality and he does have a tremendous work rate, so I think he fits into the team well. Provided them more depth. I don’t think his success will be measured in his goal output as much as it will in his contribution to the team cohesion and ability to execute Conte’s game plan, with and without the ball.

On an individual level, it’s hard to see he’s worth 60m, but if we put the money aside and stop focusing on the financial value of the deal, I can’t see much argument for saying he’ll be a bad signing for them. I think he’ll do well, and he’ll make them stronger, even if it’s just through depth. Right now they are far too reliant on Kane and Son. This eases that burden.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Spurs don't have a scouting network? Why are they paying so much for a player like Richarlison? I mean, that's some serious, serious wedge - surely it stretches to better players than this?

If we'd paid that much we'd be a laughing stock, so some of that should go Spurs' way! He's an OK player, but at that price you have to wonder what they're doing.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is not bad, can dribble, can press/tackle and also produce decent numbers, but 60m seems just a little bit too much, maybe 50m would be fairer price.

Status
Not open for further replies.