Richarlison / signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkRed

He would actually be a brilliant signing for Spurs. Fits in perfectly with how Conte plays and think he would actually complement Kane and Son really well. Hope he goes somewhere else.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Think he'd be an excellent signing for us if we can push through.
He will. Fits the Conte mould perfectly. Works incredibly hard - in my humble opinion one of the best forwards in the league in terms of work rate and defensive contribution - and he will easily increase on his goal and assist tally when he’s playing alongside better players like Kane or Son.

I’ll be genuinely gutted when he leaves.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Better signing that Gabriel Jesus do we think?

I reckon its close.
Jesus is a much more technically gifted footballer. I’d much rather have him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
On his best level and day. I think he is as good as Darwin Nunez. And of course depend on his teammates too. Like for Brazil. Brazil teammates has higher level than Everton. Naturally he will score more goals for Brazil than for Everton. Just logical.

United have Ronaldo, Rashford and Martial. All can play upfront. United need to spend money on De Jong, Martinez and Raphinha, Tyrell Malacia this summer

Maybe next year or in the future. When Ronaldo leaving or retiring. Then definitely if Rashford good enough to taking over or become United front man. A new CF is needed. But not this year.

Start and focus first from the deep ;)

From Martinez passes to De Jong, Raphinha or direct trought ball to Ronaldo& Rashford

From De Jong, Eriksen and Raphinha. Then i am strongly and 100 convince. United CF will score a lot next season.

Top ingredients = factors + A clinical and sharp CF = What is the answer of it?
You still banging on about Raphinha? He’s going to Chelsea. Time to change your tune

NewYorkRed

Jesus is a much more technically gifted footballer. I’d much rather have him.
Not so sure about that. They're both technically suspect imo. I'd rather have Richarlison because he adds more overall to the team than Jesus does.

Golden Nugget

Not so sure about that. They're both technically suspect imo. I'd rather have Richarlison because he adds more overall to the team than Jesus does.
i don’t watch him week in week out, but I’m surprised at this. Every time I watch Jesus I find him technically great - and really good at making room for himself to shoot in tight spaces

NewYorkRed

i don’t watch him week in week out, but I’m surprised at this. Every time I watch Jesus I find him technically great - and really good at making room for himself to shoot in tight spaces
There's a reason why even with being a pressing machine he couldn't be a consistent starter for Pep. He is not good enough technically.

phelans shorts

There's a reason why even with being a pressing machine he couldn't be a consistent starter for Pep. He is not good enough technically.
Pep is a weirdo, saying someone isn’t good enough because he doesn’t pick them is irrelevant. He doesn’t play loads of players that are very good because A) he has an excess of very good players, B) he randomly decides he’s not going to play somebody for a month or more.

Jesus is much better than Raphinha.

EDIT: I totally lost track of what thread I was in. I’d say Jesus and Richarlison is very close mind, Richarlison’s best feature is how often he turns up when the chips are down so I’d probably lean towards him for that.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Better signing that Gabriel Jesus do we think?

I reckon its close.
Richarlison is better and is in better form/trajectory than Jesus. Has hit 10 PL goals three times for us compared to Jesus who has done it twice despite playing for the best team in the league since they both joined the PL. You could argue for Jesus that Richy has been a constant starter for us but there is a reason that Brazil opts for him most of the time and he did lead them to an Olympic Gold. I think the work he does off the ball is far better than Jesus too. The only aspect Jesus has him beat in is probably technically but it’s not by much.

Abraxas

I like Richarlison's tenacity. I'm never been a major fan of the idea of United signing him as I don't see an obvious priority position that he would resolve for the money he would command.

Reason being, he'd only back up Ronaldo for this season. This would be extremely useful, but I don't think Richarlison is a long term striking option as I don't think he's quite that level. Is he perpetually some kind of flexible forward? Maybe but there isn't a major deficiency in our left side so it feels like a signing that's a bit weird and unnecessary.

He'd be very good for Spurs I reckon.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think this could be a really good signing for Spurs - can play anywhere across the front line and would actually be a decent deputy for Kane up front if needed. He works very hard and is very good in the air as well. Would be a massive upgrade to our squad and give us added flexibility and allow us to rotate up front without a drop in quality. Conte will really love him.

El Jefe

I think he's shite (relatively) but Spurs especially under Conte is a team that will suit him very well and think he'll do well there.

Paul_Scholes18

He will likely be backup to Kane. Expensive and far too good backup. In some games they might play 2 strikers plus Son deeper and he is a great option from the bench.

Not sure Richarlison will win them the league, but I can see them score enough goals to win it. Def is the question and breaking down the defensive sides.

Chief123

He will likely be backup to Kane. Expensive and far too good backup. In some games they might play 2 strikers plus Son deeper and he is a great option from the bench.

Not sure Richarlison will win them the league, but I can see them score enough goals to win it. Def is the question and breaking down the defensive sides.
I actually think he’s a very clever signing by spurs. Fee is a bit crazy, but he’s everything that spurs have wanted for a long time.

An adequate back up to Kane as a striker but won’t be struggling for game time as he’ll probably play a lot of games in a front 3 with Kane and Son. So he’s going to be perfect for spurs as they can rotate and rest Kane when needed too. Also allows Conte to use a 2 striker system like he often likes with the option of choosing any 2 from the 3 mentioned.

flappyjay

I actually think he’s a very clever signing by spurs. Fee is a bit crazy, but he’s everything that spurs have wanted for a long time.

An adequate back up to Kane as a striker but won’t be struggling for game time as he’ll probably play a lot of games in a front 3 with Kane and Son. So he’s going to be perfect for spurs as they can rotate and rest Kane when needed too. Also allows Conte to use a 2 striker system like he often likes with the option of choosing any 2 from the 3 mentioned.
You are forgetting Kulusevski he is going to want minutes too. It shouldn't be a problem with how packed the schedule will be next season.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Richarlison is better and is in better form/trajectory than Jesus. Has hit 10 PL goals three times for us compared to Jesus who has done it twice despite playing for the best team in the league since they both joined the PL. You could argue for Jesus that Richy has been a constant starter for us but there is a reason that Brazil opts for him most of the time and he did lead them to an Olympic Gold. I think the work he does off the ball is far better than Jesus too. The only aspect Jesus has him beat in is probably technically but it’s not by much.
Jesus is among the top ten players in PL history in terms of goals+assists per 90 minutes. You can argue those numbers are inflated due to playing for City and playing fewer minutes but the idea that Richarlison has more end product is hard to sustain.

He's a good player but 60 million seems like too much unless his end product sky rockets.
It’s hard to say how he’d do in a better team but 6 and 7 non-penalty goals last two seasons isn’t all that impressive of a return.

Works his socks off though and feels like a good fit for Conte. I think he’ll do well there as a squad player.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Jesus is among the top ten players in PL history in terms of goals+assists per 90 minutes. You can argue those numbers are inflated due to playing for City and playing fewer minutes but the idea that Richarlison has more end product is hard to sustain.

It’s hard to say how he’d do in a better team but 6 and 7 non-penalty goals last two seasons isn’t all that impressive of a return.

Works his socks off though and feels like a good fit for Conte. I think he’ll do well there as a squad player.
I wouldn’t say so. City are a side which are made to score bundles of goals. They regularly hit 80-100 goals under Pep in the PL so if he’s not hitting 10 goals per season and a bunch of assists that would be poor. 6 players scored the same amount as him or more last season for City. The only player in their forward line that didn’t was Grealish. Foden and KDB were higher with assists and he did well on those.

We on the other hand don’t score nearly as many. This season for example we scored 43. No other player scored more than 10. Tied with Gray on assists.

Basically since he arrived he’s pretty much always contributing to a 1/4 of our goals each season. I’ve no doubt that when he moves to a better side he will improve that further.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This is rough for Everton fans as he's not only our best player but he really took to the club and the fans and we all took to him. He's an excellent character off the field and he will be sorely missed at the club and by the club. :(

mu4c_20le

It's not just inflated, it's because he is most effective coming off the bench against tired defenses. Also, half of the goals he scored last season came from one single game, 4 goals against Watford. When he does start, he isn't that impressive.

Irrational.

He’ll be a good signing for Spurs. I feel they are preparing for the departure of Kane.

I hope Mr. Richard Arlison never stops trolling Liverpool fans even now that he’s left Everton.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Spurs doing some excellent business this window. I don't think Richarlison is a world beater but he is a proven to be a very good player in this league. It's a lot of money but it's risk free for Spurs.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Raphinha is hitting a total package of £65m, the same sort of price for Richarlison sounds about right.

Interesting that three of the most high profile attackers on the move this season are PL based Brazilians. Add in Antony and it’ll probably come to a cumulative figure of around £200m for all 4. Not fully convinced by any one of them just yet though!

Status
Not open for further replies.