Richarlison / signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
We have had an injection of £150 million from the owner which is unheard of. That is money on top of what would have been our normal transfer budget for this window plus any money we get from sales. We have potentially over £200m to spend. We are backing Conte more than we have ever done with any manager before him. The stadium is starting to bring in some serious cash for us - apparently in the Arsenal match last season we earned over £2 million from that alone. We may not be bankrolled by a country like some other clubs but we are still a rich club it's just that until now we have been penny pinching.

It is a very exciting time to be a Spurs fan.
I thought you were in record debt due to the stadium? Wasn’t aware of that. In that case it does look very positive!

redcucumber

Agreed. I'd be furious if we were spending £60m on Richarlison.
£60m doesn't get you the best of the best nowadays (unless there's a release clause as was the case with Haaland). Liverpool spent close to £100m on a player from the Portuguese league with one good season under his belt. I think £60m for Richarlison is a good signing. Extremely hard worker, adaptable, and an eye for goal. He's a very physical player that makes the Spurs frontline of him, Kane, Son, and Kulusevski very fluid and powerful.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If these reports of Chelsea trying to hijack deals are true it does make you wonder what sort of transfer strategy they have (or if they have one at all)

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If these reports of Chelsea trying to hijack deals are true it does make you wonder what sort of transfer strategy they have (or if they have one at all)
New owner trying to flex is what it looks like. Seems like he wants to be a main character. Can end badly…

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
No he won’t :lol:

You think Richarlison and a 33 year old Perisic playing at left wing back are going to get them close to City and Liverpool?
I think if he keeps all his main players and has a relatively injury free season he’ll challenge for the PL or CL, yeah.

I very much believe in Conte as a manager. He doesn’t go places to feck about and ‘rebuild’, he goes in to win. He’s a winner.

Look at the posts here when he took over Spuds regarding them getting Top 4, and how did that turn out?

He isn’t a guy that’ll be trying to achieve the minimum to cling on to his job and buy more time. He’s a ruthless trophy hunter, and now has a forward line of Kane, Son, Rich, Kulu…

It’s easily good enough to win a big trophy, and so is Conte.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Thank goodness for that. I loathe him as a player. Would never want him in a Chelsea shirt.
I know imagine having somebody like that on your side. Oh wait don't you have somebody who actually killed somebody in the squad?

Redlyn

Wait he cost 60m? He always seems like the main player for Everton every time I watch them. But i didn't think he'd cost that top dollar price.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Would love to see a 3 even 4 horse title race that didn't require 90+ points
I think this season with the World Cup there will be a closer challenge from a few teams…and whisper it Man Utd might just be part of that!

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Spurs are spending a lot to back Conte but he's such a loose cannon, would anyone put it past him to combust mid-season? They'd be left with a raft of expensive Conte signings who might not necessarily fit under next manager.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Surprised he’s going for as little as that to be honest. Didn’t he cost Everton 50m? Is his contract running down or something?

Remember the geese

£60m doesn't get you the best of the best nowadays (unless there's a release clause as was the case with Haaland). Liverpool spent close to £100m on a player from the Portuguese league with one good season under his belt. I think £60m for Richarlison is a good signing. Extremely hard worker, adaptable, and an eye for goal. He's a very physical player that makes the Spurs frontline of him, Kane, Son, and Kulusevski very fluid and powerful.
I'd consider taking him for £30m for the squad, but £60m is outrageous. He isn't as good as Son or Kane. He could possibly compete with Kulusevski, but I'm not sure how good he is on the right.

Dan_F

I think if he keeps all his main players and has a relatively injury free season he’ll challenge for the PL or CL, yeah.

I very much believe in Conte as a manager. He doesn’t go places to feck about and ‘rebuild’, he goes in to win. He’s a winner.

Look at the posts here when he took over Spuds regarding them getting Top 4, and how did that turn out?

He isn’t a guy that’ll be trying to achieve the minimum to cling on to his job and buy more time. He’s a ruthless trophy hunter, and now has a forward line of Kane, Son, Rich, Kulu…

It’s easily good enough to win a big trophy, and so is Conte.
Fair enough. They do have much better options compared to when he joined the club, but they’re all top four level players. Bissouma, Richarlison and Perisic aren’t going to take them to the level of Liverpool and City. They also have top managers with established squads and cultures.

He did well to get them top four no doubt, but it was against a truly horrific United team and Arsenal. He’ll need a whole lot more to get anywhere near the big trophies. I would say there’s lower odds of him leaving half way through the season than winning a major trophy.

CM

I think Chelsea would make more sense for Richarlison than Spurs actually. There's not an obvious route into the Spurs team for him with Kane, Son and Kulusevski already there.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Dread to think about the amount of diving and cheating him, Son and Kane will get up to.

Record breaking levels?

Bwuk

I think Chelsea would make more sense for Richarlison than Spurs actually. There's not an obvious route into the Spurs team for him with Kane, Son and Kulusevski already there.
He can rotate with all 3. I agree though, he won't start at Spurs.

Ted Lasso

I think this season with the World Cup there will be a closer challenge from a few teams…and whisper it Man Utd might just be part of that!
Ohh that's a great point! Hush hush can't get my hopes up til signings are official

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They were smart to get in first then. I take it you don’t need to sell anyone else?
We will likely offload Kean and probably Gomes too so we have funds available for transfers but this should mean we are safe from any possible sanctions.

redcucumber

I'd consider taking him for £30m for the squad, but £60m is outrageous. He isn't as good as Son or Kane. He could possibly compete with Kulusevski, but I'm not sure how good he is on the right.
£30m?! Good luck. £30m gets you Dan James, not a player like Richarlison.

Remember the geese

I would consider £30m a huge overpayment for James too. In my world, James is a £10 -15m player. I'd possibly stump up to £35 - 40m for Richarlison at the very max, but he's just a good squad player level in my opinion.

R0nald0

Under a rug on top of a mountain under the stars.
some wild comments in here! I personally think it is an excellent signing for Spurs, and the fee is about right! Spurs will always struggle to buy a back up for Kane given that he always starts so getting a player in with flexibility that can cover Kane, Son and also challenge Kulusevski is a fantastic move. He'll still play 40 games in a season, some on the left, some as CF and some on the right.

In terms of price, Everton paid around £40m for him and his stock (and inflation) has risen since - Unless you want Dan James then £60m is about right.

Worried about spurs, they've done some god transfer business.

Idxomer

Only 3 more goal than James from open play last season and he was the main striker for Everton, same number of assists.

Don't think that's enough to make him worth £60m.

Abraxas

What's Dan James got to do with anything?
Better players go for less money than Dan James all the time. He's not a barometer. Strange how people pluck these examples out to suit their idea.

As for Richarlison, he doesn't strike me as of the quality to command this sort of colossal money, but I'm sure he'll be a decent player for them.

Muchibwa

Supports
Chelsea
Wait he cost 60m? He always seems like the main player for Everton every time I watch them. But i didn't think he'd cost that top dollar price.
Why is it because he is not European or English? The way some people underrate non European players is insane. I saw Darren Brent's article comparing Sterling to Neymar

Infra-red

Probably not a great sign that the new owner has come in, got rid of a load of execs, appointed himself Director of Football (despite not knowing anything at all about football) and is apparently trying baseball-style player trades.

macheda14

I think they’re on a mad one, but I did read somewhere that as more and more clubs rely on data the player pool will get smaller for the top clubs and hijacking deals will become far more common.

joedirt87

Spurs are spending a lot to back Conte but he's such a loose cannon, would anyone put it past him to combust mid-season? They'd be left with a raft of expensive Conte signings who might not necessarily fit under next manager.
this year no since they are backing him financially. soon as levy closes the checkbook he will absolute implode.

Status
Not open for further replies.