Richarlison / signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Who are they going to replace him with? Think he is more reliable than DCL recently as a game winner.
We are interested in Dennis, Cornet, Lewis-Potter in terms of attacking outlet.

Richarlison will be replaced on the left by Gordon. We will be buying a new striker/RW.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not a fan of this guy, to be honest. Wouldn't want him in my team. Too flakey. Don't trust him. £60m is way too much

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They seem a bit of a downgrade, I like Gordon, but he is young.
Well, obviously they're going to be a downgrade. We don't have the funds or the draw to bring in a player of the calibre we have took Richy to since we nearly got relegated last year and funds are tight because of FFP. We are left with trying to grab players around the 20m mark that have potential and resale value.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well, obviously they're going to be a downgrade. We don't have the funds or the draw to bring in a player of the calibre we have took Richy to since we nearly got relegated last year and funds are tight because of FFP. We are left with trying to grab players around the 20m mark that have potential and resale value.
That's a bit of a mess. Isn't there a rumoured takeover?

danamann

We should have been all over this. But of course, again, we bow to every wish of the manager without having a coherent long-term strategy in place. It's Groundhog Day really. Van Gaal, Mourinho, Ten Haag, the names change but the same old failing strategy remains. I sincerely hope Ten Haag will succeed, because if he doesn't we'll find ourselves in the same position we do today, an unbalanced squad assembled to fit 4 different managers with 4 different philosophies.

Andrew7582

We should have been all over this. But of course, again, we bow to every wish of the manager without having a coherent long-term strategy in place. It's Groundhog Day really. Van Gaal, Mourinho, Ten Haag, the names change but the same old failing strategy remains. I sincerely hope Ten Haag will succeed, because if he doesn't we'll find ourselves in the same position we do today, an unbalanced squad assembled to fit 4 different managers with 4 different philosophies.
I'd be fuming if we spent £60 million of our limited budget on Richarlison.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm not sad about not signing Richarlison tbh.

romufc

We have changed how we operate. We most certainly dont bow down to every with of the manager, where are you getting this from?

LVG criticised our transfers saying he thought we can get players but we couldn't.

Jose wanted Maguire, new CB and didnt get those players. Jose wanted Shaw and Martial gone, the club didnt.

Ole wanted Haaland, Grealish but didnt get them.

Where is the evidence that we bow down to every manager?

Richarlison for £60m in a position where we have Sancho Rashford, Martial, Garnacho is not the best way to spend a chunk of the budget is it?

danamann

Obviously everybody is entitled to their opinion but I think he is an amazing player who brings all the qualities needed in modern football and different styles of play. He has a tenacity about him, his hold-up and link-up play is really good, he is very hardworking, can play multiple positions and is a big game player. 60 mil is obviously a steep price but considering what's on the market for basically the same amount I'd take Richarlison everyday. I think he will be a big hit for Spurs.

MetoTTT

Two Brazilian players whose only really Brazilian thing is their passport...it's really too much in a team.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That's a bit of a mess. Isn't there a rumoured takeover?
Yes but that doesn’t matter to FFP considering the losses that we have had previously. If we are taken over we will have a little bit more to work with but not as much as others.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Ok. Now Raphinha for 60M makes sense for today's market. This is the market rate.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Without looking i bet Cornet and Dennis had similar stats to Richalrison last season and will probably be available for 20 million each.
Dennis had 1 more assist, same goals. Cornet had 1 less goal and 4 less assists. Neither of them matched Richarlisons defensive stats which are some of the best in the league and what sets him apart from many other forwards (he's pretty complete as a forward). Either way on a purely footballing level I think they'd be decent additions considering their age, fee and how many other players are available for us to get.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We are interested in Dennis, Cornet, Lewis-Potter in terms of attacking outlet.

Richarlison will be replaced on the left by Gordon. We will be buying a new striker/RW.
To be honest, Dennis isn't a bad replacement. Yes, he won't have the attitude and mentality of Richarlison but he will get you goals which is what you would want now.

Ollie Derbyshire

Might step up at Spurs but never rated him too highly, think 60M is a lot for him. Seems a bit of petulant sulk on the pitch as well, not too mention a red card waiting to happen at times. Put money on a red card in the North London derby!!

largelyworried

Having a strategy doesn't mean buying players your manager doesn't want. It means matching managers and players over the long term. The current strategy of buying players the current manager wants is absolutely correct. The key is that, when one manager needs replacing, the next manager can use the same kind of players the last one did.

Redlyn

Why is it because he is not European or English? The way some people underrate non European players is insane. I saw Darren Brent's article comparing Sterling to Neymar
Not much difference for European players vs other countries, but obviously English players are more expensive in general.

marktan

People underestimate him, he's been involved in something like 35% of Everton's goals and assists over the last couple of seasons, and he's come off of a long summer where he played both the Olympics and the Copa.

From a pure talent perspective he has that something extra in his touch, I think with a rest finally after about two years and better players around him at Spurs he'll really show his level. I'd have happily taken him here. Ditto with Bissouma, which makes it a bit hard not to be envious of Spurs, which is a weird feeling.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Jesus for 45m, Richarlison for 60m, and Nunez 85m.

Strikers on 30% inflation rate.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It really is a horrible time in football's development isn't it.
It's just insane numbers by PL Clubs. More PL Clubs should be dominating Europe with the amount of money they spent. How in the world a severely limited striker like Richarlison could cost 60m.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's just insane numbers by PL Clubs. More PL Clubs should be dominating Europe with the amount of money they spent. How in the world a severely limited striker like Richarlison could cost 60m.
It seems like there has never been a time with more limited "top" players in all positions, yet the fees have never been higher.
It's daft.

Worst examples are the likes of Lukaku, who is utterly limited in many aspects of his game, going for around 100m.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It seems like there has never been a time with more limited "top" players in all positions, yet the fees have never been higher.
It's daft.

Worst examples are the likes of Lukaku, who is utterly limited in many aspects of his game, going for around 100m.
Yeh. In this recession time, too, with no end in sight. You'd think that Clubs would be more careful with their money.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I dont mind Richarlison but no way is he worth 60mil.
They paid 40m for him and I'd be surprised if there are any Everton fans not happy with what they got. An absolute work horse and he's still developing. Maybe 60 is a bit rich, but it makes sense they can sell him at a profit.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Bang average.
I can't say I agree. He's of a relatively rare breed of attackers that works tirelessly, which is anything but average. He's good technically too. He's not the most prolific but he's been played all over the place for Everton, so it's not fair to judge his goalscoring numbers against true CFs.

Besides, just a hunch, but I've always felt that if he was part of a better team then his numbers would improve. He'll probably not play as a striker there with Kane about, but he could play similar to Son, who I believe was their top scorer in the league playing off Kane.

They've got a pretty tasty attack now, come to think of it. Kulusevski looks really good also. Potentially 4 top class attackers.

OverratedOpinion

I can't say I agree. He's of a relatively rare breed of attackers that works tirelessly, which is anything but average. He's good technically too. He's not the most prolific but he's been played all over the place for Everton, so it's not fair to judge his goalscoring numbers against true CFs.

Besides, just a hunch, but I've always felt that if he was part of a better team then his numbers would improve. He'll probably not play as a striker there with Kane about, but he could play similar to Son, who I believe was their top scorer in the league playing off Kane.

They've got a pretty tasty attack now, come to think of it. Kulusevski looks really good also. Potentially 4 top class attackers.
He's Fabio Borini who had a bit of a purple patch at Watford when Everton were desperate.

11 goals in all comps next season for 60 million.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Good signing. Spurs are going to run most teams off the pitch next season.
They're going to be really tough to play against for sure. The profile of player there signing is the sort I'd target if I was a manager. All good footballers but a lot of fight and energy. Perisic and Richarlison both fall into that category. Think they just need a bit of craft in midfield and improvements in defence, but by all accounts that's what they're trying to sort out also. If they sort that then Conte could have them challenging on all fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.