Television Rick & Morty

b82REZ

I really didn't understand the episode, can someone explain it high level? Felt they tried too hard to make it complicated.
Basically that no matter what they do they'll never live up to expectations. At least that's how I interpreted it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Basically that no matter what they do they'll never live up to expectations. At least that's how I interpreted it.
Can you expand on that inference? Was it because the storymaster was expecting them to continue with elaborate story arches, putting them further in his web (sort of like quicksand) until they let him down at the end?

b82REZ

Can you expand on that inference? Was it because the storymaster was expecting them to continue with elaborate story arches, putting them further in his web (sort of like quicksand) until they let him down at the end?
That's what I thought.

Sylar

I just wanna see a wacky random adventure like Pickle Rick now and then. To be laughing and entertained at how wacky things can get.

Suv666

I started Community recently and you can tell Harmon loves a meta episode. They're relentless with it in Community.
Community is amazing, especially the first 3-4 seasons. The cast is very talented too. Sadly the latter seasons are crap. If I remember correctly Harmon left the show.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Community is amazing, especially the first 3-4 seasons. The cast is very talented too. Sadly the latter seasons are crap. If I remember correctly Harmon left the show.
I would strongly disagree about the later seasons being crap. 4 is the low point and even that's alright. Harmon was fired for season 4 before coming back.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I assume you guys are a week behind. The Glorzo episode was back to regular Rick & Morty.
Yeah, a more "grounded" (as much as R&M can be) episode this week. Overall enjoyed it, but I had 2 laugh out loud moments - when they were back at home and Morty put the TV on, and there was an ad with a guy going on and on "do you have alzheimers", and the post-credits scene with Summer's reaction to her friend's monologue. :lol:

Suv666

I would strongly disagree about the later seasons being crap. 4 is the low point and even that's alright. Harmon was fired for season 4 before coming back.
I'm not sure which season it was, Community was on a long time ago but when Chang had Changnesia, that was a very poor season. It was downhill from there imo. They did promise us a movie, I hope that happens.

Sylar

The latest episode was much more fun to watch.

Yeah, a more "grounded" (as much as R&M can be) episode this week. Overall enjoyed it, but I had 2 laugh out loud moments - when they were back at home and Morty put the TV on, and there was an ad with a guy going on and on "do you have alzheimers", and the post-credits scene with Summer's reaction to her friend's monologue. :lol:
That was great.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
So, is that Solar Opposites show on Netlfix the companion series to Rick and Morty?
Thanks for mentioning it cos I hadn't heard of it and it's a pretty enjoyable watch so far. Not quite as layered or "profound" as Rick and Morty, but quite funny and it has potential (I'm on episode 3 so still early on). Though it's super strange hearing Rick's voice for the main character :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah it was superb. Jerry changing the channel after all that with the girl he met :lol:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Most recent episode was one of the best recent ones.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Best episode of the season, although I did physically cringe when Morty was using his phone on the mountain.

AaronRedDevil

Is there a way to watch this show without the bleeping cursing? Channel 4 are a bag of dicks.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
What's happened to this show? Series 4 and to some extent 3 are a far cry from series 2.

macheda14

What's happened to this show? Series 4 and to some extent 3 are a far cry from series 2.
I think the last two episodes have been a definite improvement. The vat of acid episode is easily one of the best in ages.

Oddly I think they’re limited by the format. They can do pretty much anything they want due to space/inter-dimensional travel that every episode is expected to be as good an idea as the last. They used up a huge amount of great ideas in the first two seasons that it’s hard to top them, or at least mirror them without it seeming stale. Some of the earlier episodes in this season have felt like they realise their audience expects so much from an episode, so they just wrote big grandiose ideas with no real story and moved from set piece to set piece. I’ve definitely been left after a few episodes thinking a lot took place, but nothing really happened.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
The latest episode was excellent, good mix of meta stuff, on point humour and story progression.

Also the post credits scene had me in stitches, "invisible garbage truck Jerry, it's a new franchise... Until he runs out of gas" :lol:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The latest episode was great. Most of the better episodes are the ones that tie into the ongoing stories/themes. Feels like this series has spent a bit too much time avoiding that but I've still enjoyed most of it

Sylar

I think except for ep6, the second half of season4 have been great. All with some fantastic moments or bits.

Sylar

I really liked episode 6. I appear to be in a minority.
Possibly. I think I wasnt a huge fan as I prefer the wacky adventures style rather than the joke within a joke within a joke type thing.
I can see why others would have liked it though with preference.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think except for ep6, the second half of season4 have been great. All with some fantastic moments or bits.
Agreed, last part of the season has been a return to form, especially episode 8.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I really liked episode 6. I appear to be in a minority.
I liked it...though I had to watch it twice as the first time I was slightly drunk and was completely lost.

I really liked the snake episode earlier in the series but seem to be in the minority there

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I liked it...though I had to watch it twice as the first time I was slightly drunk and was completely lost.

I really liked the snake episode earlier in the series but seem to be in the minority there
Snake jazz is one of R&M's finest hours and anyone who thinks otherwise is a jabroni