Television Rick & Morty

Sylar

Was waiting to see when he returned. I enjoyed the crow one as an isolated episode, or so I thought, given parts of it were used for the finale

I like the whole plan of Evil morty, and the stuff brough back from s1. Really enjoyable.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Binged this again and laughed as hard as I did the first time. Granted there are a few average episodes, but Rick has got to be up there as one of my favourite characters on tv.

Dante

Average bang
It's still a great show, imo.

But that clip of the kid jumping on the counter in McDonalds absolutely ruined the R&M's reputation in the public consciousness. I feel as though, ever since, I can't admit to liking it any more.

Suv666

But that clip of the kid jumping on the counter in McDonalds absolutely ruined the R&M's reputation in the public consciousness. I feel as though, ever since, I can't admit to liking it any more.
Yeah incredibly cringe fanbase

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

Something I missed here, what happened exactly?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

According to a very trusted source (YouTube comment with 5k likes) the guy who did it didn't even like the show and just did it just to make people ashamed of watching it. Quite brilliant if true.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's been ruined by the folk who think it's high brow, and by extension they're intellectuals for watching it, but it's still really entertaining.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It's been ruined by the folk who think it's high brow, and by extension they're intellectuals for watching it, but it's still really entertaining.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
:lol: thanks for that, cheered me up.

phelans shorts

My favourite thing about it is that post could be a parody or completely serious and there’s absolutely no way of knowing. A worse fan base than Manchester United, is Rick and Morty’s

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Love this copy pasta and all variations :lol:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I thought the newest series was a bit weak. Still good but can't think of any stand out episodes.

People defend racists if they play for a football team they support, or dress as the avengers to go and watch the avengers movie and cheer at it as if it's real life, and I'm still a fan of both things. Can't say I'm too bothered about a R&M fan being the 4th weirdest visitor to the local McDonalds on a Wednesday afternoon.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
New episode out today. Pretty good opener.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah was decent. Don’t know why it made me laugh so much when they were like “can’t we just go back and fix it” and then saw the planet and it just cut to them all staring at it :lol:

Eriku

So glad you lot are on top of things, I had no idea it was starting up again.

Brilliant, as always.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Where's everyone watching the new season in the UK? 4od?

Wasn't sure if that was genuinely up to date or a year old like used to happen with Family Guy.

Sylar

So glad you lot are on top of things, I had no idea it was starting up again.

Brilliant, as always.
Same. Thats why I like this forum, it pops up threads like this (although ive seen some bumped randomly giving false hope).

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Where's everyone watching the new season in the UK? 4od?

Wasn't sure if that was genuinely up to date or a year old like used to happen with Family Guy.
4od, which is annoying because on the app it wouldn't let me keep the full screen for the post credits bit :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Same. Thats why I like this forum, it pops up threads like this (although ive seen some bumped randomly giving false hope).
There’s an app you can get called TV Time that you can use to track what you watch. So you can see what episode you’re up to and when shows you like have aired.

Sylar

There’s an app you can get called TV Time that you can use to track what you watch. So you can see what episode you’re up to and when shows you like have aired.
Ooooh, that sounds fantastic. Cheers, will look it up

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Loved the season premiere. I particularly enjoyed the arc of Cronenberg world Jerry and the fact that Cronenberg world Rick didn't care enough to go for one Saw theme so he esentially set them all at the same time :lol::lol:

b82REZ

Really strong opener.

Harmon has claimed he's taken a step back and is allowing more junior writers who grew up watching the earlier season to take the lead.

I think that decision could have backfired but it looks like they may be focusing more on the long-term story arcs rather than Harmon's meta stories.

Sylar

Seen the first two episodes. Liked the first one.

Really enjoyed the second one too. "DIE HARD"

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I loved the first episode, but was disappointed with the second one

The simulation meets religion angle was interesting and original, I just found both storylines unfunny and Die Hard is in my top 3 western films.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I liked 2nd episode but wasn’t keen on the first as I remember little of what it is following on from.

I prefer it when it’s episodic. Probably my favourite episode is the one with the planet built specifically for Rick to shit