Ricky Sbragia sacked

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ricky Sbragia sacked
According to Steve Bates of Mirror I think.

He's not a reliable reporter these days unfortunately still it'd be stupid to make up something for u23.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thank the lord, I still can't believe he got a second season. With the talent at his disposal the football he had on show was awful, hopefully the next man we get in charge has an actual game plan instead of relying on individual quality to win matches.

AltiUn

What did he do wrong ?
He was beyond awful, played dreadful football, basically relied on his attackers (mainly Gomes) to create something from nothing instead of implementing any kind of system, couldn't set up a defence to save his life. A year too late if I'm honest.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was beyond awful, played dreadful football, basically relied on his attackers (mainly Gomes) to create something from nothing instead of implementing any kind of system, couldn't set up a defence to save his life. A year too late if I'm honest.
Sounds like you're talking about the first team

Skills

Snitch
Should've at least gave him the chance to clear out the academy and buy some of his own players

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nicky Butt acting as our DOF? Maybe he is our DOF and the announcement was delayed because of his personal issues.

AltiUn

Nicky Butt acting as our DOF? Maybe he is our DOF and the announcement was delayed because of his personal issues.
I don’t think so, he’s head of the academy so sacking Sbragia falls within his jurisdiction.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t think so, he’s head of the academy so sacking Sbragia falls within his jurisdiction.
It does and so does recruiting his replacement but a structural review of the academy goes beyond that.

SATA

I had the impression that he was a very good and highly rated coach. Or did i get that from football manager?

SteveW

Rejoice!!!!

This restores some faith that the club actually wants to develop young players. Great news

siw2007

Had to happen. U23s is never an easy gig with the constant changes but we have vastly underachieved this year. Hope we get someone who can bring this group on.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
There is a really good opportunity here to get in a highly rated prospect. There are many who are great coaches in football who should fall over themselves for a gig like this.

AltiUn

It does and so does recruiting his replacement but a structural review of the academy goes beyond that.
Maybe, although we've been making a lot of changes there over the last few years since he came in anyway, I think he's been given a lot of authority over the academy. We'll have to wait and see, has anywhere linked Butt with a DoF role yet?

JohnnyKills

Like the idea of getting a talented youth coach. Surely we look at a club which has successfully promoted lots of youth players (Fulham perhaps) and try and take theirs?

Also, bit left-field but what about Muelensteen?

AltiUn

There is a really good opportunity here to get in a highly rated prospect. There are many who are great coaches in football who should fall over themselves for a gig like this.
I wouldn't mind Warren Joyce back if we could tempt him, always thought he did a good job.

Tiber

He is doing his job as the head of youth development

berbasloth4

someone needs to come in an put a style and standard of football as similar to the first team as possible - so it is an easy swap when they are needed