Right midfied/RW

LuckyScout78

If United dont get a new really good RW/RM before the transfer window.
Then i suggest to move Bissaka up as right midfield player. Drop the right wing and play with a more defensive right midfield player.

Darmian, Young and Dalot can do the right back job.

Bissaka is fast, skillful and can beat and pass players.

So if not adding extern solution like Sancho. Until next summer, use Bissaka as RW and maybe Greenwood against teams United shall dominate and beat. Against better team, having Bissaka as RM can be a good tactic, special his speed for counter attack too.

So potential line up :

Darmian/Dalot/Young - Lindelof/Smalling - Maguire/Jones - Shaw/Young

Bissaka/Mata/Chong - McTom/Fred/Matic - Pogba/Perreira/Gomes - Martial/James/Sanchez

A free cam/nr.10/Supporting striker : Sanchez/Lingard/Greenwood/Gomes

Nr.9/CF : Rashford/Martial/Greenwood

There you have double up in every positions. Adding a really good and creative cm before transfer window will be good. Longstaff or Bruno will be good.

So back to Bissaka. He has everything to do a good consistent as a RM player. Not a Beckham, can be a more Kanchelskis. A right midfield that beat players and score goals. He will no doubt strength the attacking playing, at the same time help the right back. With his young and high work rate.

Reason i start this thread, is I don’t think and believe United dont have a good enough RW/RM to help United to get top 4. But if you Bissaka up as RM, United for top 4 will rise.

Dalot has speed in him too. But i prefer a RM like Bissaka. Who are both good in the attack and defend. Bissaka can be a complete right midfield player in United old 442/4411 formation from the 90s

Like Sharpe/Giggs in the left and Kanchelskis before Beckham on the right side. With the left foot James on the left. United can be back to the 90. Right foot RM and Left foot LM.

fps

There is no evidence that Wan-Bissaka can play right midfield, and he has been signed as the first-team starting right back. That is where he will play.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Only someone who's never seen AWB would suggest he play RW

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Let's stop trying to shoehorn players into unfamiliar positions.

LuckyScout78

Which abilities do you need to play as right midfield.

And this is just an intern solution before Jadon Sancho next summer.

Bissaka is better to beat players than Lingard and Mata. And more consistent than Greenwood as this time. Easily best right midfield player in United squad right now.

It just sum up how weak United is at RW/RM right now.

And Bissaka start his football career as a winger.

flappyjay

Then i suggest to move Bissaka up as right midfield player. Drop the right wing and play with a more defensive right midfield player.
Wouldn't it make more sense to play Dalot there if we do go that route?

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Nononono. AWB can't play RW.

Dalot can. But my preference is Greenwood, with James coming on as an impact sub.

Mata can move to the middle to the detriment of Beanz.

Infra-red

He's not good enough on the ball to play a midfield role. Dalot could potentially fill at RW, though.

Gerald G

So if not adding extern solution like Sancho. Until next summer, use Bissaka as RW and maybe Greenwood against teams United shall dominate and beat. Against better team, having Bissaka as RM can be a good tactic, special his speed for counter attack too.

So potential line up :

Bissaka/Mata/Chong - McTom/Fred/Matic - Pogba/Perreira/Gomes - Martial/James/Sanchez

There you have double up in every positions. Adding a really good and creative cm before transfer window will be good. Longstaff or Bruno will be good.

So back to Bissaka. He has everything to do a good consistent as a RM player. Not a Beckham, can be a more Kanchelskis. A right midfield that beat players and score goals. He will no doubt strength the attacking playing, at the same time help the right back. With his young and high work rate.

Reason i start this thread, is I don’t think and believe United dont have a good enough RW/RM to help United to get top 4. But if you Bissaka up as RM, United for top 4 will rise.

Dalot has speed in him too. But i prefer a RM like Bissaka. Who are both good in the attack and defend. Bissaka can be a complete right midfield player in United old 442/4411 formation from the 90s

Like Sharpe/Giggs in the left and Kanchelskis before Beckham on the right side. With the left foot James on the left. United can be back to the 90. Right foot RM and Left foot LM.
I'll be honest, I stopped reading after this.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I will never understand that caf's obsession with writing novels on how we should play every squad member completely out of position.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Let's just ignore superb stats and factual contribution that Wan Bissaka adds to defense that needed a player like him from years and let's turn him into Andrei Kanchelskis ?

Cheers, mate.

Infra-red

Bissaka is better to beat players than Lingard and Mata. And more consistent than Greenwood as this time. Easily best right midfield player in United squad right now.

What on earth makes you so sure that Sancho is coming next summer?

fps

It's a very strange, and particular, kind of internet commentator, who believes that there being NO evidence of someone's ability to do something is actually proof they may be BETTER at it than someone who has experience of doing it. The argument that it's a good idea to play Wan-Bissaka at right midfield is made of farts and wishful thinking.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So let me get it right - we spent 50m for a player who was one of the best right backs last season and will ask him to play as right winger , there by compromising both positions ?

Jeez !

Tarrou

it would just mean we have two problem positions instead of one

seanboy

So potential line up :

I think you need to lie down for a while.

LuckyScout78

Nononono. AWB can't play RW.

Dalot can. But my preference is Greenwood, with James coming on as an impact sub.

Mata can move to the middle to the detriment of Beanz.
Bissaka is for right midfield player, not right winger. A more defensive role. Then you have two strikers upfront.

A kind if Valencia role, the Valencia move down to fullback.

I just mention RW. Because that is the formation United is using right now.
Use a more defensive right midfield player, to help the midfield and defend. Then you have more attacking on the left with James/Martial and two CF upfront.

And if you say Bissaka is not good on the ball and can’t beat players. You havent watch him enough.

Of course i want Jadon Sancho. Then this discussion will end. But only a day left before transfer window. Bissaka can be a good right midfield option, not as rw.

P.S I just mention right winger. Just to remind United to get a top RW. If not, intern solutions.

LuckyScout78

We don’t need a right winger, we need two quality central midfielders.
So United dont need to buy Jadon Sancho or a new rw in the years to come? Dont you think United RW/righ midfield is not good enough. Greenwood can play as RW, but the boy is a natural goalscorer. Better keep developing Greenwood as a CF. Then go for Sancho next summer. And then Bissaka back to right back when United buy Sancho.

United have find all the intern solutions to strength the team. If no RW and cm will come before the transfer window come.

Then Angel Gomes can be a creative cm nr.8 option too.

I suggest Bissaka as a right midfield option. If the coaching staff, find better more consistent options. Then go with it. I have seen and observed Bissaka enough to consider him as a right midfield. He will definitive track back to help the right back and double up back in the defend. Can fast enough to counter after breaking up opponents attack.

Last edited:

LuckyScout78

it would just mean we have two problem positions instead of one
CM and RW. RW with current formation. Definitive United two weakest areas.

But if nothing happpen. United can be out dominate by teams like Wolves, Everton and Leicester. Then i can promise the rw will drop really back and become as a more right midfield.

Lingard is the closest to become as equal good in attack and defend. Lingard runs alot and definitive has the legs. No Mata and Greenwood can be good against teams United shall dominate. Against City, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal. Again, i think rw will track back a lot. Then you need more a natural right midfield.

Against weaker teams = Greenwood/Mata

Against better team = Bissaka. He will help the right back. Plus for counter attack.

And it is just for a season or to the next transfer window.

New right midfield/RW options : Jadon Sancho or Federico Chiesa.

Again. It is just intern solution. Make your team get ready as best as possible for the battles. All intern solutions shall be consider.

If not Sancho, buy Chiesa before 5 pm tomorrow. Then you can delete and close this thread. RW solve.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Bissaka is for right midfield player, not right winger. A more defensive role. Then you have two strikers upfront.

A kind if Valencia role, the Valencia move down to fullback.

I just mention RW. Because that is the formation United is using right now.
Use a more defensive right midfield player, to help the midfield and defend. Then you have more attacking on the left with James/Martial and two CF upfront.

And if you say Bissaka is not good on the ball and can’t beat players. You havent watch him enough.

Of course i want Jadon Sancho. Then this discussion will end. But only a day left before transfer window. Bissaka can be a good right midfield option, not as rw.

P.S I just mention right winger. Just to remind United to get a top RW. If not, intern solutions.
Right now the pressing system we're using doesn't allow for a RM.

Check out this awesome vid. There's no place for AWB in that midfield. We need him in defense (that's were he's superb).

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
We could try Dan James at RB and Maguire CM seeing as we're finding new ways to undo the insufficient good work we did over the summer.