Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It's fair to say that Lingard - though a decent player should not be our long-term starting option for the right wing.

We're seriously lacking an outlet that can take players on and provide some sort of creativity from that right side. Mata initially was very patchy there and doesn't really have the required attributes to pose a threat out wide, playing Memphis there pretty much removes his biggest strengths in cutting inside and he's never really played there, Martial also hasn't been convincing enough there and it's fair to say that it's not something we can solve with our internal options as Januzaj's development is questionable.

Some names to throw; Felipe Anderson, Bernardeschi, Inaki Williams, Bellarabi, Mina, Feghouli, Lucas Moura, Bernardo Silva, Berardi who are all pretty attainable (if we don't get Champions League football) unlike the Bale's and Griezmann's of the transfer market.

Share your thoughts...

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Riyad Mahrez...would guess that we could get him for £30-35m

Although Mahrez signed a contract extension until 2019 at the start of the season, speculation about his future has continued and Ranieri is keen that he ignores as much of it as possible.

"If Riyad plays well he continues to play. If he thinks about other teams he comes with me on the bench," the Italian said.

"If I am Riyad I say: 'There are a lot of teams who want me, OK, I have to show more if I want to go there. I have to show my best, because if I should do my best maybe they want to buy me.'
"We want to keep all our players. We believe in them. But if a player comes to me and says: 'Boss, I want to go there because it's my ambition to go there.' I'll say: 'Go and enjoy and have good luck.'

"Because I only want players who are happy to stay here, because sooner or later we grow up a lot. Of course, not like Barcelona or Real Madrid, but Leicester will be a very good team."
Sounds like Ranieri won't be forcing anyone to stay

Last edited:

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
I think Pione Sisto showed quite a bit of talent and a lot of work-rate against us over the two legs. I think he could be a really good alternative to buying Mane from Southampton.

Fer

Mahrez and Januzaj as a cover would be perfect. I just hope that Guardiola doesn't try to sign Mahrez. But I think Mahrez/Sane could go elsewhere and we could end up with Felipe Anderson or Mane, even they are better than Lingard, we could aim higher.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mane should be signed for his versatility and the fact he's an excellent player with pace directness and aggression and at the proper age but the one for me is Moura due to his blistering pace he'd frighten defenders to death in this league imo. Imagine Moura on the right Mane as second striker Martial up top and an all firing Depay on the left. Pace and creativity all over that front 4 would be great to watch.

Devil may care

I'd rather stick with Lingard and Januzaj than spend huge sums on average players like Felipe Anderson and Mane. I think Mahrez is the best choice if we are buying within the PL, he's got goal and is not just a simple winger, he's got a bit of a David Silva quality to him as well.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Brahimi would be :drool: The only problem would be that he prefers to play from the left, can he play or does he ever play from the right? @Sly @Arruda

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Riyad Mahrez is better than everyone mentioned here.
He's also been mentioned many times..

Agree with you though, would be my preferred choice as well. I think he's got the world at his feet. Would absolutely love it if we managed to secure him!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Griezmann is the best option, he can play anywhere across the top, being left footed is a huge bonus so he can cut in.

We'd have a great french core

Griezmann
Laporte (hopefully)
Martial
Schneirdlin

Wouldn't say no to Mahrez though but only if price is right

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Wrong Algerian, Brahimi has been fairly poor this season.
its not the wrong one, in fact its the best one. One poor season doesnt mean anything, specially as the whole team plays poorly and im not sure if he was as bad as you think, the last time i watched him was against Benfica and he was class, by far the best player on the pitch.

Spock

We missed the chance to pick up Greizmann, who I'd slot in as a 10 anyway. His price now is through the roof.

It has to be Mahrez.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Mahrez is the obvious answer, but it also sounds stupid to buy him after a season like this. I'm not saying he is a one-season wonder, but he probably plays to the brink of his potential for a team thats functioning so well.

Although I' vary of players with ACL injuries we could look into Fekirs recovery? Several players recover (Baggio, Shearer, RvN, Diego Costa to mention only a few).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Griezmann is more of a #10, would be wasted on the wing in the prem. Mahrez is the ideal option, while sane would be the 2nd best I think. The others would all be pretty underwhelming but improvements on what we have so still not bad.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I'd be up for Mahrez if he wasn't 27. If he was younger with another season of this form under his belt i'd be all for it.

Von Mistelroum

I'd say that it depends, if we decide to move Martial up front then I'd go for Greizmann (if Mourinho were to come in) or Mahrez if we sick with Van Gaal.

If we were to keep Martial on the wing though, then we should use him and Memphis on the wings and try to bring in Lukaku.

Devil may care

Memphis and Martial both play from the left, they'd be wasted on the right as they aren't wingers, they need to be able to cut in onto their shooting foot.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Pretty sure Lionel Messi can play there

Dante

Average bang
Fekir.

We need goals all across the front 3. Our midfielders don't get on the scoresheet often, and I don't see us linked with anyone who would. The goals will need to come from the forward line and 3 finishers will be better than 2.

Fer

Fekir.

We need goals all across the front 3. Our midfielders don't get on the scoresheet often, and I don't see us linked with anyone who would. The goals will need to come from the forward line and 3 finishers will be better than 2.
He plays more centrally, but he is a good No.10
I remember that he ruptured 3 ligaments in his knee, he has been out for 6 months. Is he playing again?

Status
Not open for further replies.