Rio Ferdinand advises Harry Kane to move on

settembrini

Kane is the new Bale in terms of being a player that United fans desperately want but will never happen.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
If Kane had an ounce of ambition he would leave Spurs. He could walk into most teams around the world and actually win trophies. He can’t retire on a couple of golden boots. What a waste of talent that would be.
I'm sure he dreams of going to France, Germany or Italy and playing in one-horse, 2nd-tier leagues and winning league titles there.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I can’t see him playing for another club in England, and doesn’t seem like the type of player to seek out a move to Madrid or Barca. Also feels like he’s on the decline a bit from where he was 2 years ago.

All in all, can’t see him ending up at United.

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
I'm sure he dreams of going to France, Germany or Italy and playing in one-horse, 2nd-tier leagues and winning league titles there.
Have you seen the German league this season?

That aside, I'm sure he would rather be winning leagues in the mentioned and be chosen as one of the best players on the planet etc... than playing in a competitive league and not winning again and again.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Have you seen the German league this season?

That aside, I'm sure he would rather be winning leagues in the mentioned and be chosen as one of the best players on the planet etc... than playing in a competitive league and not winning again and again.
Chelsea won't be winning the PL for a bit either.

I'd love Kane but unless Levy wants to cash in it isn't happening. In the meantime I'd settle for Håland

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea won't be winning the PL for a bit either.

I'd love Kane but unless Levy wants to cash in it isn't happening. In the meantime I'd settle for Håland
Please quote where I said we would?

I also think we are lot more likely to win than Tottenham, United and Arsenal. History shows we usually win trophies when least expected.

Steven-UK

Unless he leaves the UK, then Kane will not be leaving spurs, and he certainly won't be coming to United to play with Fred, Jones and Lingard and the rest of the dross we have :lol:

A world class team will come in for him, IF, he decides to move, which I doubt.

All this because Roy Keane couldn't think of anything more intelligent to say when put on the spot. Laughable.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
He'll be questioning things now....
If Spurs dont make CL, which seems likely a bid for him or Son should be on the cards. At the very least testing the water. Although I still feel it is a bridge too far for us atm. Why would Kane come here when he could go to another club who will pay him the same kind of wage package and on top of that, offer CL football?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Surely you hire Poch and get him to convince Kane

momo83

Massive Snowflake
If he did move it would probably be abroad. He’s tied down at Tottenham until 2024. No PL club is going to cough up the £150m+ that Levy would demand for him.
Honestly don’t think he’s as highly rated abroad, especially in Spain, as the English media make out he is with constant links to Real.

Probably Bayern/Juve might try to sign him if he became available and offer Spurs some very good players in exchange.

Cassidy

If he did move it would probably be abroad. He’s tied down at Tottenham until 2024. No PL club is going to cough up the £150m+ that Levy would demand for him.
United paid 85m for Maguire Im sure they will cough up the money for Kane

Cassidy

Or we keep Ole and get him to convince Halaand? I don't think it works this way, though it should not be neglected.
More maybe Kane rates Poch and may believe at United he could win titles

Im also sure on the Haaland part, that Ole has some small influence, if Ole was a successful manager then it would have more sway

Gasolin

More maybe Kane rates Poch and may believe at United he could win titles

Im also sure on the Haaland part, that Ole has some small influence, if Ole was a successful manager then it would have more sway
Maybe we ask Poch to be our director of football then? And this way, we can get both :lol::lol::lol:

passing-wind

Ferdinand is living In a glass bubble, literally one that has maybe Sir Alex and Ronaldo inside it. Those days are long gone, we've got a manager who is by no means going to guarantee us finishing in the top four consistently let alone a league run. We've got owners who in recent seasons have been shady with investment. We struggled to convince a teenager in Sancho to join despite assertions in the media that he was a main target and Rio thinks we can sign the 1st / 2nd best striker in europe from one of the most frustrating owners in world football ?

meamth

Well, we outbid City for Maguire, this can also be done.

Harry kane for 180 million, 350k a week wages.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well, we outbid City for Maguire, this can also be done.

Harry kane for 180 million, 350k a week wages.
180m would be his market value, but if include United tax it could be well over 200m.

MrVolley

Here we see the problem.

Would players like Kane rather play for big time winners like Pep, Klopp or Mou?

Or would such players rather play for Ole at Man Utd with little chance of winning anything?

meamth

Here we see the problem.

Would players like Kane rather play for big time winners like Pep, Klopp or Mou?

Or would such players rather play for Ole at Man Utd with little chance of winning anything?
With Ole, you joined the biggest club with a "project" in place.

Pep will leave, Klopp will leave, Mou will leave.

Being an englishman, he would not disregard the club just because of the manager.