Rio Ferdinand

elnorte

Freaky fly day
That would be great to watch, just to see Rio deck the cnut after about 5 minutes.
Never really gotten to know too much about Goldbridge. What kinds of things does he say that would likely rile up someone like Rio?

0le

That would be great to watch, just to see Rio deck the cnut after about 5 minutes.
I mean, you (jokingly) condoned violence for someone writing an article:

Hmmm I wonder why they’ve came to that conclusion. Whoever wrote the article should get their head kicked in.
You and others like to "call out" these fan channels but the reality is everyone talks and writes a lot of shit and the only difference between the fan channels and the forums is that one is on YouTube with a face behind the words and the other is on a forum.

ShinjiNinja26

I mean, you (jokingly) condoned violence for someone writing an article:

You and others like to "call out" these fan channels but the reality is everyone talks and writes a lot of shit and the only difference between the fan channels and the forums is that one is on YouTube with a face behind the words and the other is on a forum.
What the hell are you waffling on about pal?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Would have been better just to say Woodward was one of the worst things to ever happen to this club.

He used Munich for effect/shock value and is rightly being criticized.

0le

What the hell are you waffling on about pal?
I cannot make it clearer. There is a hypocrisy from you hinting that fan channels talk a lot of shit when you literally have a post on the forums which says someone should have their head kicked in simply for writing an article.

ShinjiNinja26

I cannot make it clearer. There is a hypocrisy from you hinting that fan channels talk a lot of shit when you literally have a post on the forums which says someone should have their head kicked in simply for writing an article.
Goldbridge does talk a load of shite though and I’m certainly not alone in that opinion. It’s also widely rumoured he’s not even a true Utd fan and just jumped on the bandwagon for clout. How is it hypocrisy exactly? And the post you quoted from me about someone getting their head kicked in was about some racist cnut in the Daily Mail twisting a story about Patrick Vieira copping abuse from a fan that ran on the pitch. Again I don’t know what any of this has to do with the topic currently being discussed in this thread.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why is this being discussed here? This has got nothing to do with Rio

mods should ban the lot of you:angel:

Judas

Open to offers
Goldbridge does talk a load of shite though and I’m certainly not alone in that opinion. It’s also widely rumoured he’s not even a true Utd fan and just jumped on the bandwagon for clout. How is it hypocrisy exactly? And the post you quoted from me about someone getting their head kicked in was about some racist cnut in the Daily Mail twisting a story about Patrick Vieira copping abuse from a fan that ran on the pitch. Again I don’t know what any of this has to do with the topic currently being discussed in this thread.
To be honest its mad this rumour is still talked about. There's pics of him as a kid in a Utd shirt. If its a con, he's been doing it a long long time, fair fecks!

Edwards6

Context? :lol:

First, we were relegated in 1974, which in any conceivable context one could imagine is far worse than finishing in sixth place in 2022.

Second, you NEVER, EVER throw out the word "Munich" in the context of Manchester United to make your point about how frustrated you are with finishing in sixth -- or for that matter, even being relegated.

We are all frustrated with years of Glazer greed and Woodwardian incompetence and managerial buffonery and underperforming players like Sanchez and Martial. A bit of hyperbole to underscore one's frustration with the Glazers, Woodward, Moyes through Ole and players stealing a living off the club is perfectly acceptable. But there is no place in a conversation about Manchester United with bringing up the word "Munich" to emphasize one's frustration with Manchester United.
Like he said he could of worded it better but people are going overboard trying to get him cancelled.
If you watch there videos he's always respectful about the history of United and honoring the Busby babes

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Im pretty sure the only reason I watch people like him on Youtube is to watch them talk a lot of shite What other reason is there?
If I wanted some highbrow analytic masterclass , I would just buy the Sunday Times or such like.
I like Goldbridge. My workmate who is also a Utd fan hates him. People like him are marmite. If you were in the middle, he wouldnt get anyone watching so he has to act like that.

lex talionis

Like he said he could of worded it better but people are going overboard trying to get him cancelled.
If you watch there videos he's always respectful about the history of United and honoring the Busby babes
Yes, I think we can all agree that he could have "worded it better". You don't invoke Munich in the context of Manchester United to vent your frustrations with the club. Hopefully he will learn from this clusterfeck of a comment.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Horrible. Truly horrible. I have 3 healthy kids now, but our 1st pregnancy ended on the day of the 12 week scan with a misscarriage the morning of it. People suffer far worse experiences than us, but was something I didn't realise was so common till we went through it ourselves.

Thoughts and prayers with them.

Chief123

Vidic was always better.
In recent weeks he’s showing himself to be a muppet akin to Roy Keane. These ex-players are just cringe and embarassing in their defence of their mate.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
In recent weeks he’s showing himself to be a muppet akin to Roy Keane. These ex-players are just cringe and embarassing in their defence of their mate.
They are doing nothing but trying to undermine ETH whilst trying to stand up for Ronaldo.

Abraxas

Why do these ex players keep talking as if Ronaldo has been completely snubbed and has played 2 minutes all season?

He's played nearly 700 minutes in all competitions, he's not that far behind Rashford and the cheeky git wasn't even fit at the start of the season for selection due to his own lack of professionalism! If he was, what's to say he wouldn't have equal minutes?

Why would the manager need an in depth conversation to point out the obvious...he needs to be fit and performing well to be first choice. The man is approaching 40 years old, his minutes will naturally reduce and he still has to actually perform regardless of whether his name is Ronaldo.

Far too much bias from these guys. The manager has to be able to manage and Ronaldo hasn't been out of contention at any point except by his own hand.

tomaldinho1

They are doing nothing but trying to undermine ETH whilst trying to stand up for Ronaldo.
I used to make this point all the time but it’s in the ex players interest for United to not get back to the top because it kind of keeps them in lucrative jobs, they’re there because fans buy into these rants and ‘arguments’ that are basically what Sky has become because they’re ex players. It wouldn’t really work if you had someone without a United affiliation going off on one about the club, it’d just be weird.

They’ve done it consistently and caused so many off the field issues for every manager bar Ole it’s a real disgrace. Anyone who has any basic understanding of football can see Ronaldo is nowhere near where he needs to be to play for a team who hope to challenge for CL football whilst also rebuilding, anyone over the age of about 5 understands how the ageing process works. Rio is an idiot.

UpWithRivers

Man Utd is an old boys club in and out of Old Trafford. Thats one if the big reasons why we failed to move on from Sir Alex retiring. Its embarrassing to hear your legends talk like this and Carragher having to be the one that talks sense.

Chief123

On top of that we’ve got the likes of Souness licking his lips trying to stick the knife in on ETH. It’s a positive in a way as the ABU brigade are starting to spend a lot of time talking about Utd again. It’s a sign we’re heading in the right direction.

Ironically I’ve not heard Souness talk about Liverpool much recently or Redknapp talking about his beloved Conte at Spurs. Plenty to say about Utd though.

Chief123

I used to make this point all the time but it’s in the ex players interest for United to not get back to the top because it kind of keeps them in lucrative jobs, they’re there because fans buy into these rants and ‘arguments’ that are basically what Sky has become because they’re ex players. It wouldn’t really work if you had someone without a United affiliation going off on one about the club, it’d just be weird.

They’ve done it consistently and caused so many off the field issues for every manager bar Ole it’s a real disgrace. Anyone who has any basic understanding of football can see Ronaldo is nowhere near where he needs to be to play for a team who hope to challenge for CL football whilst also rebuilding, anyone over the age of about 5 understands how the ageing process works. Rio is an idiot.
Fair points. It also gives more value and credit to what the ex players achieved if the current team keeps underperforming they’ll feel even more smug at what they achieved.

Oranges038

Funniest thing about it all is that they played for a manager who would never have accepted such crap, regardless of how good you were.

But yet, here they are defending him, you can be guaranteed if it were any other player they be bawling for them to get out of the club.

ETH has to stick to his guns on this, he may as well leave now if he doesn't because any sign of weakness and any authority he has over this group is gone.

RedCurry

I think the likes of Keane and Rio were largely involved in communicating with Ronaldo to bring him back to Old Trafford. They likely feel that they “owe” him the support. It’s all for the optics.