Rio Ferdinand

Kaushal

:lol:
He really thought he was the best defender the premier league had ever seen by far. Now that he is learning that nobody thinks he was as good as he thinks he was, he can’t take it the twat and throwing hissy fits everytime anyone goes against his opinion. Just goes to prove how thin skinned he is and was never this leader he was portrayed to be. More than anything the racist bellend is exposed even more. Keep it coming.

Lyng

I wonder if Rio will keep working with Howson after that disgusting Munich comment.

Smithy89

Very poorly worded, but i understood what he was getting at. He obviously didn't even need to make the comparison, could have just said the Woodward era is the worst since the prem started and left it at that.

ShinjiNinja26

I wonder if Rio will keep working with Howson after that disgusting Munich comment.
He worded that very poorly but in no way meant to disrespect the people who lost their lives. He literally went on seconds later to explain what he meant by the comment but someones clipped it up and cropped out the explanation to make it look terrible.

Lyng

He worded that very poorly but in no way meant to disrespect the people who lost their lives. He literally went on seconds later to explain what he meant by the comment but someones clipped it up and cropped out the explanation to make it look terrible.
I have seen the explanation. But when you go "feck it I am just gonna say it on camera" before saying it you clearly meant to say something outrageous.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Stupid thing to say but looking at the longer clip what he meant was that it only took us 10 years after Munich to become champions of Europe again, whereas we haven't managed it in the 10 years since Woodward took over.

Bit unfair to just clip that few seconds that makes it sound like he was saying Woodward was worse than the actual Munich tragedy itself.

ShinjiNinja26

I have seen the explanation. But when you go "feck it I am just gonna say it on camera" before saying it you clearly meant to say something outrageous.
I agree the wording is terrible and probably shouldn’t have even said it in the first place but I think he genuinely wasn’t trying to take anything away from the victims of the disaster. He was making a point about where the club was in footballing terms in the years after the Munich disaster and where we are after Woodward’s shambolic reign.

Matt007a

I know the shortened clip doesn’t accurately portray what he meant but it’s still an ill advised comment to make. Poorly worded.

I don’t think it’s going to affect them working together to be honest.

Lyng

I agree the wording is terrible and probably shouldn’t have even said it in the first place but I think he genuinely wasn’t trying to take anything away from the victims of the disaster. He was making a point about where the club was in footballing terms in the years after the Munich disaster and where we are after Woodward’s shambolic reign.
Oh I am sure he didnt want to take away anything from the victims and I know what he meant, but this is the issue with these fan channels, and why Rio's associations with them might become an issue. They blurt out things on camera that are terrible, even if they dont mean it like it sounds.

Jacko21

Oh I am sure he didnt want to take away anything from the victims and I know what he meant, but this is the issue with these fan channels, and why Rio's associations with them might become an issue. They blurt out things on camera that are terrible, even if they dont mean it like it sounds.
To be fair, Stretford Paddock work hard to maintain a level of professionalism - the channel is their livelihood after all.

Howson can be a loose cannon though. He's unapologetic and crass at times - which makes him being on a livestream precarious (something that the rest of the Paddock team have acknowledged previously).

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I dont see why not? He isnt saying the Munich disaster wasnt just that.

That being said, I think what Stephen said is incredibly tasteless and this is a dumbass opinion to have.

redmanx

He really thought he was the best defender the premier league had ever seen by far. Now that he is learning that nobody thinks he was as good as he thinks he was, he can’t take it the twat and throwing hissy fits everytime anyone goes against his opinion. Just goes to prove how thin skinned he is and was never this leader he was portrayed to be. More than anything the racist bellend is exposed even more. Keep it coming.
I was never a big fan of Rios, I think Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, and Vidic were better and more reliable, but Rio is certainly one of the best CBs we've had since Martin Buchan.

lex talionis

Crazed dickhead comment by Howson. Rio should carefully consider any further association with him.

Kaushal

I was never a big fan of Rios, I think Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, and Vidic were better and more reliable, but Rio is certainly one of the best CBs we've had since Martin Buchan.
Eh ? I was taking about John terry mate.

lex talionis

Did you watch the whole thing or just the 6 second twitter clip that gives no context?
Context? :lol:

First, we were relegated in 1974, which in any conceivable context one could imagine is far worse than finishing in sixth place in 2022.

Second, you NEVER, EVER throw out the word "Munich" in the context of Manchester United to make your point about how frustrated you are with finishing in sixth -- or for that matter, even being relegated.

We are all frustrated with years of Glazer greed and Woodwardian incompetence and managerial buffonery and underperforming players like Sanchez and Martial. A bit of hyperbole to underscore one's frustration with the Glazers, Woodward, Moyes through Ole and players stealing a living off the club is perfectly acceptable. But there is no place in a conversation about Manchester United with bringing up the word "Munich" to emphasize one's frustration with Manchester United.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Meh, I don't know this guy but he said something dumb like we all do from time to time.
It's getting blown out of property, an apology should do it.

ShinjiNinja26

The fact he says feck it, ill say it on camera takes away all this pretend apology crap to bed.
He meant to say it the way he did and, if he didn't, then it was a horrendous comparison anyway
Aye I genuinely don’t think he meant to say disrespectfully but the fact he does say the whole “feck it” thing beforehand makes it seem like he knew the inevitable backlash was coming. Which makes saying it in the first place even more silly.

cyberman

Aye I genuinely don’t think he meant it disrespectfully but the fact he does say the whole “feck it” thing beforehand makes it seem like like he knew the inevitable backlash was coming. Which makes saying it in the first place even more silly.
And the others reaction brings out this rambling explanation for such a shit point since he knew he fecked up

ShinjiNinja26

And the others reaction brings out this rambling explanation for such a shit point since he knew he fecked up
Aye. Will be interesting to see how this pans out, the fact the tabloid press have picked up on it might land him in hot water with Rio now. Don’t think it can be swept under the carpet as easily.

MUFC OK

The guy is a monumental bellend, illustrated by a series of incidents over the years. Wished death on that goldbridge bloke, took money off fans for a “match day experience” (go to the pub with him), was overtly racist on a live stream, and this latest statement.

How would you ever even think of that as a United fan and have to wonder what else he says off camera?

Those thinking this can be brushed under the carpet must be personal friends of his.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I got his point. He worded it badly but it seems pretty obvious he meant in football terms. Bit of a non-issue really.

MoskvaRed

I know Munich is over 60 years ago before nearly all of our lifetimes but I’m amazed that a self-proclaimed hardcore United fan from Manchester can make such a crass comparison. I know what he is trying to say but what utter disregard for the club’s history. If it had not been for Busby, we could have easily gone the way of Torino.