Rio Olympics 2016

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
I'm sick and tired of this god awful Brazilian audience. Watching the basketball match now and they're randomly booing again. They're the worst sporting audience I've ever seen in my life, worse than the French during Rolland Garros even, by some margin.
Not much of an excuse, but they simply don't know any better. The only sports which they watch this is perfectly normal, sportsmanship doesn't play a part.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Always kind of feels like the games just sort of tail out on the final day, like they're just getting the few things they've not finished yet out of the way. Sometimes think it'd be good if you had a major event like the 100m or something closing the games off.
Aye. I suppose the thinking is to have the 100m - the marquee event - at the start to ensure the top stars are fresh enough to go full pelt for fast times. After a week of relays and 200m races, they'd be carrying a fair bit of fatigue in those legs. Still, there should be some room for maneouvre there with the other events to finish on more of a high.

Sylar

Yeah, I think having 100m when they do is fine. Im not too bothered cos the final day should be about wrapping up but then mostly the closing ceremony.

Also what an outstanding effort from Team GB. So proud of all of them, great effort.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Aye. I suppose the thinking is to have the 100m - the marquee event - at the start to ensure the top stars are fresh enough to go full pelt for fast times. After a week of relays and 200m races, they'd be carrying a fair bit of fatigue in those legs. Still, there should be some room for maneouvre there with the other events to finish on more of a high.
True, 100m is probably a bad example - would just be nice in general to see something big closing off the games. Even Farah's race last night would be kind of cool to have as a last major event.

starman

True, 100m is probably a bad example - would just be nice in general to see something big closing off the games. Even Farah's race last night would be kind of cool to have as a last major event.
They cant do anything in the stadium because they need time to prepare for the closing ceremony.

Ixion

As a fan of distance running I think having the men's marathon on the final day is a fitting finale.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Sad that it's over but incredibly proud of Team GB.

Bit of a shame I won't be able to catch any of the 2020 games due to the time difference.

DocRockter

HAH @ the Mongolian wrestling coaches who stripped themselves when they thought that the refs made a mistake by giving the opponent a match-winning point with five seconds left.. It actually was a correct decision ´cause the Mongolian ran away from the opponent during the last seconds of the match and that is penalized by one point. You can watch it on YT..

surf

Good show by GB to beat everyone except USA in the medals table. We're not as bad at this sport thingy as England vs. Iceland suggested.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Their PM is in their segment? Boris must be gutted he never considered the Tory leadership sooner.,

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Sport's climbing sounds kinda cool, looking forward to that.

If we Team GB is gunning for surfing Gold we'll need a new elite centre at Newquay.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I tuned back in to see the Tokyo's promo for 2020.

I can sort of remember London's Cpenilosing Ceremony: Take That, something similar to the pyramid challenge off of Gladiators, and some pretty good fireworks.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Finishing the games with Basketball of all sports (it's an awesome sport but just too one sided for an international sport as the final just showed) is a bit anticlimactic, an athletics event would be better.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
you guys can't fathom the depression im feeling

the city was so vibrant .. and i didnt pick up a foreigner chick =(

Ban

10 medals, 5 golds. For such a small country and a country which invests so little in sport its truly incredible.