Rioting Erupts in Europe

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Just the same old people in Brussels who use any half-decent excuse to cause a stir. Was the same with the Covid protests, BLM gatherings, now Morocco beating us yesterday, ...

Of course all right-wing politicians are extremely happy with such behavior and are quick to condemn an entire ethnicity or religion as they always do, but that's far from accurate imo.

Skills

Snitch
I had a feeling it would happen in Belgium after having lived there for a bit.

Strange cultural dynamics

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
They obviously don't respect society, but the key to solving the issue is finding out why they don't, I doubt they were born this way. You can't put all the blame on Geert Wilders, there's also problematic cultural differences (mostly the conservative vs progressive mindset) and the lack of integration on their parents side, but the louder we scream it's always the same groups, the more likely it becomes other moroccan kids grow up the way they did.

I do respect the fact it's hard to see these things nuancedly while these kids are lighting your car on fire obviously.
Yep.

DutchRed7

The Moroccan rioters in Rotterdam who were arrested yesterday will be interrogated this Saturday at 4pm. Couldn't help but have a laugh about that.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The issue of fundamentally alien communities living in Western Europe goes way beyond that, and can’t be solved by just closing one eye and hoping for the best… something right wingers are happy to exploit for their own narratives.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Damn foreigners bringing their footballhooliganism to our civilised society where there is no football hooliganism :nervous:

Superden

The issue of fundamentally alien communities living in Western Europe goes way beyond that, and can’t be solved by just closing one eye and hoping for the best… something right wingers are happy to exploit for their own narratives.
wtf is that? like vegans, with their shitty fake chicken baguettes in Greggs, where you have to pay extra for some sauce?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
No rioting AFAIK but Moroccan fans in London celebrating

Red Star One

Barcelona was full of Moroccans driving in their cars and waving flags yesterday but zero aggression and rioting here, I sometimes miss Brussels

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Meh, it's only Morrocans in Western Europe. This problem doesnt exist with other communities or in other regions. In essence, it's a local problem that's being sensationalized.

SuperiorXI

I'm currently in Brussels, it was crazy last night in the city centre with people driving around like lunatics beeping and flags but it's strangely nice to see. I felt happy for them. Didn't see any trouble, suppose the rioting was an isolated issue.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The Moroccan rioters in Rotterdam who were arrested yesterday will be interrogated this Saturday at 4pm. Couldn't help but have a laugh about that.
They'll have to be released later today at the latest I assume, don't think they can hold them for half a week based on some rioting. If so, good luck getting them in at that time :lol:

Moby

Dick
Barcelona was full of Moroccans driving in their cars and waving flags yesterday but zero aggression and rioting here, I sometimes miss Brussels
Yeah I was at Rambla and they were going on about till about 1 in the morning. Was worried it would kick off at some point but nothing. There was a fair bit of provocation but the locals couldn't give a toss.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Great seeing the celebrations in London yesterday - I had no idea there was such a large Moroccan population here. Totally peaceful, inclusive and safe from what I saw.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Meh, it's only Morrocans in Western Europe. This problem doesnt exist with other communities or in other regions. In essence, it's a local problem that's being sensationalized.
"Western Europe"
"local"

ok

VanDeBank

Ma’am
"Western Europe"
"local"

ok
It's only happening in certain districts of major cities that have a large Moroccan population.
I have family in friends in large cities in Holland, including in Amsterdam, and they've been completely unaffected and wouldn't have noticed a thing if it hadn't made the news. I saw maybe one or two incidents reported outside of Holland & Belgium.

What's the argument for this not being a local problem in a small part of Europe?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
There's some very clear and obvious answers to these questions which are something most people do not want to hear, let alone accept. It's the same in whole Europe when it comes to this subject, honestly.
Were you one of the Germans arrested today?

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Were you one of the Germans arrested today?
No, I wasn‘t. But it’s funny you asking me of all people such provocative question - and quite revealing. You seem to be one of those I mentioned in my post earlier. Fitting!

Charles Miller

I know is not grammatically incorrect but, don't you feel weird referring to foreign homo sapiens as "aliens?"

NoPace

Congrats to Morocco for winning the WC
The winners of this World Cup will be:
-The tournament winner,
-Morocco,
-Australia
-and if they can win 3rd place or be losing finalists again after beating Brazil, the Croatians.

2nd tier will be:
-Cameroon for beating Brazil (means something to be the first side on your continent to beat Brazil at the World Cup, certainly will when a Concacaf team does it as we're like 0 wins, 1 draw and 9 losses or something)
-The Saudis for beating Messi, Croatia as long as they lose to Brazil respectably, as their best ever player is bowing out with respect and the losing finalist as long as it's not Croatia, Morocco, Brazil (they're Brazil) or Argentina because it's the end for Messi.
-The losing finalist as long as it isn't Brazil, Argentina or probably England. France's team is quite young overall apart from Griezmann, Giroud and Lloris, and while Nkunku will have to seriously buck up his defensive play to be as good as Griezmann has been, someone from the apparently very very highly rated group of Tel, Ekitike, Gouiri or Kalimuendo should pan out to replace Benzema/Giroud, and Maignan is already their best keeper from the limited (maybe 7 or 8 games) sample I've seen of him. So I think them making the finals with no Benzema, Pogba, Kante, Lucas or Nkunku would be a 2nd tier win, even for France.
-It would hurt, but if England beat France and Portugal (not so much Morocco) then it would be a success for them because it's hard to imagine them being too much worse at CB (one of Guehi and Colwill at LCB, one of Chalobah, Tomori, White, Harwood-Bellis or even a 32 year old John Stones at RCB), though there's not really an obvious Kane replacement up top. But Bellingham-Rice-3rd Guy should be better in 4 years and in 8 when Rice is a wizened 31 year old DM and Bellingham a 27 year old at the top of his game and the wingers are all young save Sterling. Also James at RB. LB may not improve, but it is LB and England will probably be okay out there with someone like Livramento or James becoming a proper star who can play LB like Cancelo does.

juggernaut1986

It's only happening in certain districts of major cities that have a large Moroccan population.
I have family in friends in large cities in Holland, including in Amsterdam, and they've been completely unaffected and wouldn't have noticed a thing if it hadn't made the news. I saw maybe one or two incidents reported outside of Holland & Belgium.

What's the argument for this not being a local problem in a small part of Europe?
I live in Amsterdam. Didn’t notice anything until I saw some posts from friends living in Nieuwe West. This part of the city has a large Moroccan population. It was definitely a localized incident.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
No, I wasn‘t. But it’s funny you asking me of all people such provocative question - and quite revealing. You seem to be one of those I mentioned in my post earlier. Fitting!
That’s a pretty wide fecking net you’re casting there :lol:

And I can see how you’d find my question provocative, but equally it matches the level of your initial post, so I’m not sure what it is it you find “revealing”, other than the fact I think you’re a little gross

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Yeah I was at Rambla and they were going on about till about 1 in the morning. Was worried it would kick off at some point but nothing. There was a fair bit of provocation but the locals couldn't give a toss.
Catalans in not caring for Spain shocker

:lol:

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
That’s a pretty wide fecking net you’re casting there :lol:

And I can see how you’d find my question provocative, but equally it matches the level of your initial post, so I’m not sure what it is it you find “revealing”, other than the fact I think you’re a little gross
that’s absolutely okay

Spaghetti

Mom's
Catalans in not caring for Spain shocker

:lol:
Catalans from Barcelona who don’t care about Spain are a huge minority. A noisy one, but a minority nonetheless. You see one independence flag in a building of 200 people and think “this is an independent area”.

In deep Lleida and Girona it’s a bit different, but Barcelona is not that “Catalan”. I don’t know many Catalans from Barcelona who don’t have at least 1 parent or grandparent from other parts of Spain, and that usually brings more sympathy to the NT.