RIP Nobby Stiles

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Lovely bloke.

Met him at a youth cup game once and we ended up talking United for hours. So much so we missed the tram home. He rung a taxi for us and we said our goodbyes.

As we were in the taxi, my mate asked how much the taxi would be roughly. The driver replied "Nothing, if your mates with Nobby..."

What a man.

Okey

RIP Nobby. United to the bone. Proper character.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Lovely bloke.

Met him at a youth cup game once and we ended up talking United for hours. So much so we missed the tram home. He rung a taxi for us and we said our goodbyes.

As we were in the taxi, my mate asked how much the taxi would be roughly. The driver replied "Nothing, if your mates with Nobby..."

What a man.
What a gent. RIP Nobby.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Rest in peace Nobby. Another true United legend gone from us. My condolences to all Nobby's family and friends.

Uniquim

Oh no. :( not Nobby!

This actually hit me in the feels. What a legend he was.
May he rest peacefully, and be long remembered.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Lovely bloke.

What a man.
Ah, nice story. RIP. They don't make them like Nobby anymore.

Foxbatt

Eusebio was scared of him from the 1966 WC match. Then he had to face him in the 66 Final. He was a good passer too and of course a ferocious tackler. RIP Nobby.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
What a heart. Red through and through. Take a look at some of his tackles. Brilliant. Hard as nails and actually a very good footballer. RIP Sir Bobby.

kerano.

Champion of England, Champion of Europe, Champion of the world. Terrible news, RIP.

Chipper

Adulterer.
RIP Nobby

Before my time as a player and I'm not really one to watch older games but I've on only ever heard positive things about him. Used to sometimes see him at the shops in Stretford when I was a kid, he lived not too far from there/Old Trafford.

Falcow

Always sad to lose a legend, gutted Old Trafford won't be full at the weekend to salute the man.

RIP Nobby
Yes that's so sad, it would be really nice to see a full crowd at OT to celebrate him and mark his passing.

Seemed to be a great character. RIP Nobby.

Pablo76

RIP Nobby.

A true red, massively under appreciated playing alongside such greats as Charlton, Best, Law and more. They’ll be the first to tell you that they couldn’t have done any of it without such players as Nobby, did the hard work but made it look easy.

I’m off to football training with a heavy heart, as I always feel when we lose one of our own.

reddevil80

RIP Nobby.
Short in stature, absolutely immense in character. Better footballer than most recollect, not just a ferocious tackler. Football has lost another true gentleman and honest footballer.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The man who with Paddy did the dirty work for Best Law and Charlton.

Opposition star players were so afraid of him!

May he rest in peace.

Two threads are open about Nobby - mods should merge them please.

ROFLUTION

A remarkable devil goes to heaven.

Rest In Peace Nobby. Very few men like him. Quite sad to hear of his death. Fantastic man.

Whatsername

RIP Nobby, and thank you.

We’ve lost a club legend and it’s such a shame that we can’t be there in a full stadium this weekend to pay tribute to him.

w’or bobby2

Nobby Stiles RIP
Huge heart and a great team player.
Great to hear Giles eulogize him.
He had some of the ferocity that Keano brought to midfield but more skillful than he was credited for.
He tamed Eusebio in the ‘68 final.

GioF

Had the privilege to meet the great man at the Trafford centre whilst getting his signature in his autobiography. Was only 14 or so but already knew of his legend like status. Really humble and respectful. Just a proper nice guy.
RIP Nobby