Gaming RIP PES(Pro Evolution Soccer) 2001 - 2021

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I have played pes lite as well as FIFA ultimate team this year on pc. PES has more natural movements but that's it. The shooting animation is awkward, horrible gk, players look like zombies in cut scenes. FIFA doesn't have the best gameplay, infact it is skill move spamming in online, but player models, animations are miles ahead of PES.
I have no idea about online but purely as a football game Pes is comfortably better. In the past it has mostly come down to preference - single player vs multiplayer, gameplay vs presentation/visuals. I know which matters more to me as a gamer.

Motorman

Excited for this. Haven't bought last few fifa games. Hopefully gets backing and it plays well

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
PES had it's heyday 10+ years ago in the PS2 era. Games released after 6 been rubbish, to put it bluntly. I've tried to play a few including the latest version, they're such a massive downgrade on the PS2 engine.

I realised it was possible to play PES 4 PC and probably 5,6 at 4k (or any resolution you want) recently with the latest kit server updates. For me they still play far, far better than the latest version of FIFA or PES and now efootball or whatever it will be called.

gorky_utd

I have no idea about online but purely as a football game Pes is comfortably better. In the past it has mostly come down to preference - single player vs multiplayer, gameplay vs presentation/visuals. I know which matters more to me as a gamer.
Fair enough. I must admit I haven't touched career mode in last 3 FIFA. How is master league? I mean if I am playing as United against Burnley, is there a noticeable difference from playing against city? In FIFA, from my limited experience, all the opposition teams play similar.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Breath of fresh air? I recently switched from 19 to 21 and it's been a disappointment. The scripting seems to have gone up a notch.

Randomly all your players suddenly start making wayward passes, being unresponsive and ignoring the ball that's right beside them etc.
Aye. I play on full manual which completely changes how the game feels and plays. I'd highly recommend it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Least they have Juventus right? Take that Fifa

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I had considered that possibility after I'd posted. I've seen a couple of people suggest that. What's the learning curve like?
Start on professional, 15 min halves. It'll take a few games to get used to it but I found after a couple of hours it clicked. I dont know exactly why but the game flow just changes and plays and feels much like real football as opposed to playing on assisted.

Just try it for a few games and see if you feel the difference.

Its worth sticking with it.

Withnail

Start on professional, 15 min halves. It'll take a few games to get used to it but I found after a couple of hours it clicked. I dont know exactly why but the game flow just changes and plays and feels much like real football as opposed to playing on assisted.

Just try it for a few games and see if you feel the difference.

Its worth sticking with it.
Ok cool. I had been considering it because it does seem like it's all the automated stuff that goes haywire.

I've even had passes go the left wing when played to the right. :lol:

I'll give it a go. Thanks

infamous7

i only play master league and log into myclub for all the freebies to export the legends into master league
if i can get that for like $50, less than the retail of previous new games $70, then im all for it
saying that im keeping my ps4 and wont get a ps5 until next summer probably l0l

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Still playing ISS Pro Evolution 2 on PS Classic to this day. They recently made Premier League patch so truly I can piss on this new farce from the mountain. Creative video game industry is dead anyway, and from a few good years.
Got a link to it?

Tiber

PES has struggled for relevance since PS3. Can't say I will miss it

Adamsk7

So as I’ve said, ISS Pro Evo 2 on the PS1 was my favourite of the series but that is closely followed by Pro Evo 3 on the PS2, the one with Collina on the front blowing his whistle :lol:

GueRed

Internatonal Superstar Soccer on the SNES and PES 5 on the PS2 my all-time faves

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Some more footage from PES 2021 with updated teams/kits for the 21/22 season on PS5. Again trying to show how deadly this game plays and flows. Feck efootball 22'

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They should really offer to upgrade all the squads in 21 and restart the events.

GueRed

Gave the game a good go the other day fecking hell it's complete dogshit.
The core gameplay is fecking terrible and doesnt resemble any PES/ISSs' of the last 20+ years...

At least Konami acknowledged this and scrapped it till next year...complete write-off of a season....They fecked up! Big!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
How hard would it be to release a 'PES 7'. Back to the fluid arcade gameplay that we all loved, with a beefed up master league but the same development curves etc. I'd buy it in an instant.

Morpheus 7

It's awfully sad this, was class on PS2, me and my cousin got in top 100 in the world in PS3, now look at it. Long live the ghost of Adriano at Inter.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why? Because I am not following internet hate mob overreacting and calling this "worst game ever made"? I tried new FIFA, same shit, would rather play this than that EA bollocks

They did put out Roadmap a while ago where it said this will be very barebone old Demo version and in November it's coming much more complete one.
I did warn you in the other thread. They’ll never deliver what they promise.

The game died before it even started. It won’t recover from this

evil_geko

I did warn you in the other thread. They’ll never deliver what they promise.

The game died before it even started. It won’t recover from this
I dunno man, I already like it a lot more after last patch, yeah it's unfortunate that 1.0 version is delayed, but I am having a lot of fun, this patch fixed a lot of things for me. Whatever state eFootball is, it's 10 times more fun than any FIFA for me.

Withnail

I dunno man, I already like it a lot more after last patch, yeah it's unfortunate that 1.0 version is delayed, but I am having a lot of fun, this patch fixed a lot of things for me. Whatever state eFootball is, it's 10 times more fun than any FIFA for me.
Is the passing still ridiculous slow and clunky? That's mainly what killed it for me

noodlehair

"It's like..."
What happened to that later build spoonypizzas played and didn't seem too horrified by?

evil_geko

Is the passing still ridiculous slow and clunky? That's mainly what killed it for me
That is one thing that is changed a lot from what I've played, passing is faster. Game is faster in general now.

Hoof the ball

If you've not had a chance I highly recommend downloading the Broadcast Camera Mod and using Jeremiah's settings. He's created a mod so that every single stadium in the modded and unmodded universe (almost) has their own true-to-television recreation.

Stamford Bridge

West Ham Stadium

Allianz Arena

Craven Cottage

Bernabeu

Emirates