Riqui Puig | Barcelona

Hoof the ball

Been watching this kid for just over a year and a half after I read the Barca Reddit raving about his B team performances. I think Setién will play this kid frequently moving forward. He's the prototype of a Barcelona midfielder. Can control and dictate the tempo of games, even at a senior level, has a Xavi quality about him mixed with some Modric style.

Here's a comp of him recently in the B team vs. Espanyol

Here's a general comp

Hoof the ball

Quality cameo today. Barça just ran the ball through him for the last ten minutes and it was nothing for him at 20. Could have easily had two assists, putting Griezmann through and almost putting Messi in, too.

Draconifire

Supports
FC Barcelona
Would have loved to see more time. Promising, wants to get involved in the attack. Our attack was rejuvenated after he came on. Yes, he's rough and players seem to bully him easily. He just needs more games to build up the confidence and game sense.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

@Draconifire He's got really good technique but I don't think he is getting bullied because of lacking confidence or momentum, he needs to build more muscle, he's way too frail right now and at his position, playing in a highline where press resistance is key, I'm not sure Barca can confidently start him yet.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How do pronounce his second name is it - pig or pugh?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's 20 years old, not sure how much he can improve physically, if he puts on muscle it could effect his agility /speed. Technically very good though.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

@2mufc0 He'll play as CM right? I think he needs that strength REALLY badly from seeing him play, It's worth losing some agility, he's smal but so is Messi and he can definitely build up muscle to let his technicality shine without being hardbullied at every duel.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He's 20 years old, not sure how much he can improve physically, if he puts on muscle it could effect his agility /speed. Technically very good though.
Hasn’t Rashford put on a lot of muscle during the past two years or so? Remember him coming back to pre season, was it 2018, as a totally different beast to what he was the previous season.

WhoAreYou?

Supports
Barcelona
vs Alaves:
2 assists
68 passes
90% pass accuracy
4 key passes
3 big chances created
2 accurate long balls
1 successful dribble
2 tackles won

Condensed highlights: https:// twitter.com/LSComps/status/1284904887269101570

This boy will have his starting place in the midfield next year. so good

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: Wasn't everyone going bonkers awhile back over how promising he seemed to be?

MalcolmTucker

Every time I watched him he looked better than most of Barcelona's midfield options. Crisp passer and good energy so surprised Koeman doesn't rate him.

rotherham_red

Barca twitter are going to have an aneurysm :lol:

First Alena, now Riqui, and I'm sure there have been others too - it's almost surreal how they've disregarded La Masia during their financially lean years.

EDIT - Wouldn't mind a cheeky bid from us for him either, could be just what we're looking for in midfield as a metronomic passer.

Adamsk7

We should be all over this. I can see Pep snapping him up though

gajender

Barca twitter are going to have an aneurysm :lol:

First Alena, now Riqui, and I'm sure there have been others too - it's almost surreal how they've disregarded La Masia during their financially lean years.

EDIT - Wouldn't mind a cheeky bid from us for him either, could be just what we're looking for in midfield as a metronomic passer.
But how many of them have proved Barca wrong after leaving them?

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
But how many of them have proved Barca wrong after leaving them?
And plenty have failed elsewhere too.

I believe only Thiago became truly world class after leaving, but unlike the others he wasn't actually told to leave. Bayern activated his clause.

izec

He looks ok and silky, but he is not a top talent to me. The Barca fans will go crazy about this, no doubt, but i don't see the fuss. I would loan him out

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Koeman's going to Souness Barca if he gets the chance.

Amazed they've given him such automony.

dev1l

Thiago. This is A Thiago level talent. He's been excellent when he's played for Barca. This is incomprehensibly silly from Koeman.
Unless they re desperate for money and cannot sell anyone else. Maybe they ll.propose a reguilon type transfer

Davie Moyes

Does Koeman want him out or does he mean he does not count on him for this season as in a loan out might be ideal?