Riqui Puig | Barcelona

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Surprised if this is true. Thought he was rated very highly at Barca and a likely successor to Xavi.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

Koeman told Puig he doesn't count on him and that it is best for him to look for an exit
This better not be true. The bloke is 21, he looked impressive when he was given game time last season and the time has come to give him a genuine shot at regular first team football.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Thiago. This is A Thiago level talent. He's been excellent when he's played for Barca. This is incomprehensibly silly from Koeman.
Nah, Puig is great and it's insane to write-off a home-grown talent of such magnitude, but Thiago was on another level talent-wise. He hasn't really fulfilled his potential and still became a world-class midfielder.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
But how many of them have proved Barca wrong after leaving them?
Thiago I guess but they did rate him just couldn't give him the minutes he needed with Iniesta and Xavi ahead of him
I think they’d gladly take Adama back. And they have also resigned a number of former La Masia players so it appears they liked how the likes of Pique, Fabregas and Alba developed.

Robertd0803

Even if they are stupid enough to leave him go, no doubt they will end up trying to get him back in a few years anyway.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The issue isn't whether he is great or not, it's that he is good enough to be at least a squad player for the short term and that Barcelona will probably bring a far older player that isn't better instead.

Dr. StrangeHate

You mean two. The CL is more unpredictable. And as a part time player, not that much fun in it after a while.

He should take a La Liga loan and look to impress
Don't they have some sort of charity shield curtain raiser trophy?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That alone would be enough for me to sack Koeman on the spot. Puig is a phenomenal talent who has Barca written all over him. If Koeman doesn't recognize that, he's the wrong person for the job.

Barca's management is so criminally bad that one could think it's on purpose. Maybe Bartomeu wants to leave an absolute mess for his eventual successor.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Barca just don't have a clue anymore do they. All the euphoria over Messi staying will quickly evaporate imo. The ultimate kicking the can down the road club.

SAFMUTD

If Barca is stupid enough to let him go we should be all over him, this reminds me of Thiago all over.

Pep's Suit

Puig liked some anti-Bartomeu tweets few weeks back so maybe this is his punishment. Who knows. That club is so poorly run that anything's possible there.