dwd

Saturday Night Spies
United's blatant non-pens in the PL since the start of last season IMO:
  • James v Norwich
  • Fernandes v Watford
  • Fernandes v Villa
  • Rashford v Newcastle
  • Pogba v Villa
Other than that I think all the others are probably fair.

6/20 I think that is? Not sure how that would stack up to other teams.
You can't even count mate so what do you know.

Tony247

• James v Norwich
  • Fernandes v Watford
  • Fernandes v Villa
  • Rashford v Newcastle
  • Pogba v Villa

6/20 I think that is? Not sure how that would stack up to other teams.
Pogba vs Villa was 100% clear penalty. Rest I can understand to have element of doubt. Not with Pogba's incident.

Doracle

Pogba vs Villa was 100% clear penalty. Rest I can understand to have element of doubt. Not with Pogba's incident.
Yeah the Pogba one is a very clear penalty. Bizarre that pundits and other fans are trying to argue otherwise - I can only think it was because the best camera angle wasn’t shown during the game.

hubbuh

I don't read RAWK but to suggest a whole fanbase is less involved in conspiracy theories than another one is equally foolish imo - every football club has its nutters and given how global both Utd and Liverpool are, I don't think we can suggest one is crazier than the other based on some RAWK posters.

And regarding the manager stuff, I'd rather have a manager who actually wins us stuff and says some daft shit after the games that we don't win, than one with a nice guy image who doesn't win us anything.
Hm, it's slightly more nuanced than that though. RAWK is the largest and busiest community of Liverpool fans there is so while it obviously isn't representative of the entire fanbase, it's worth looking at. I had a quick scan last night and one of the mods was typing in all caps and talking about a conspiracy-driven agenda benefitting United and trying to feck Liverpool. If you have mods with that sort of thinking, it's inevitably going to engender it across the forum/fanbase(?) to some extent. They notoriously stifle discourse involving opposition fans (unless you're Jonno White) so you get a swirling sort of hivemind in which everyone is apparently against Liverpool.

saintquin

Supports
Southampton, Harlequins
Don't know why Kopp thinks Mane's dive was a penalty.
KWP and Mane clearly made contact with each other but, not enough to impede Mane as he took another step or two after.
Only when Mane knew he couldn't get to the ball before it went out of play he went to ground.

adnando

• James v Norwich
  • Fernandes v Watford
  • Fernandes v Villa
  • Rashford v Newcastle
  • Pogba v Villa

5/20 I think that is? Not sure how that would stack up to other teams.
Without mentioning the penalty decision, do you see the Pogba vs Villa one as a dive?

Giggsyking

So wait: someone makes a valid claim, and you tried to dismiss it by just shifting the criteria because "football didn't start when Klopp joined Liverpool"?

Right :lol: :lol:
My stat was not only for him but for all Liverpool fans living in a fantasy world we won the league 13 times because of the penalties, until our 13 title in the PL Liverpool had more penalties, and until last season we and Liverpool have the exact same amount of penalties maybe we lead by one penalty in total. So yeah.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Yeah the Pogba one is a very clear penalty. Bizarre that pundits and other fans are trying to argue otherwise - I can only think it was because the best camera angle wasn’t shown during the game.
Out of interest is this because of Luiz' arm around Pogba's? For me there's no way Pogba actually goes to the floor under the challenge that alone and so that wasn't enough, he only ended up on the deck because he kicked his own standing leg.

Without mentioning the penalty decision, do you see the Pogba vs Villa one as a dive?
No I don't think it's a dive I think he just genuinely accidentally tripped himself over, you can see when he tripped his standing leg that it caused him to then plant his foot off balance.

Didn't look like a genuine attempt to deceive the ref.

cyberman

Ye
You can argue all you want about how stupid his point was, and I'm in full agreement that it was 100% unnecessary to even bring up United in the first place.

You however can't say his claim is wrong by using the wrong stats or wrong period of time and then ridicule him for saying wrong things, which is basically what the Tweet that I replied to is doing.
Yes I can. Its a freak stat that means nothing. Salah shoots as soon as he gets the ball, your number 9 is scared of getting into goal scoring positions. Your go to attacking verve is to play it wide, away from the box for your FBs to cross.
Where do you even get your pens?
Thats up against Martial who loves to dribble and rarely shoots when he isnt sure of scoring. Against Rashford who does nothing but cut inside and twist and turn. Against Pogba who holds onto the ball for far too long. Against FBs who cant cross so keep cutting back to players overlapping inside the box.
Irs all nonsense form a manager, and a fanbase, who are hilariously rattled.
1 shot on goal the entire game but WhErE ArE OuR PeNs!!!

Giggsyking

• James v Norwich
  • Fernandes v Watford
  • Fernandes v Villa
  • Rashford v Newcastle
  • Pogba v Villa

Only united Vs Norwich was soft, maybe Vs Villa Bruno. Otherwise I can understand why people are moaning. Every one was looked by a professional referee and VAR refs, what do you want? other managers being referees in our games so everybody can be happy? This childish conspiracy should stop it only make grown men looks like children.

Doracle

Out of interest is this because of Luiz' arm around Pogba's? For me there's no way Pogba actually goes to the floor under the challenge that alone and so that wasn't enough, he only ended up on the deck because he kicked his own standing leg.

No I don't think it's a dive. Think he just genuinely accidentally tripped himself over, didn't look like a genuine attempt to deceive the ref.
He kicked his own leg because Luiz’s leg hit Pogba’s left leg. Clumsy and slightly unfortunate but a clear penalty.

Giggsyking

I don't read RAWK but to suggest a whole fanbase is less involved in conspiracy theories than another one is equally foolish imo - every football club has its nutters and given how global both Utd and Liverpool are, I don't think we can suggest one is crazier than the other based on some RAWK posters.

And regarding the manager stuff, I'd rather have a manager who actually wins us stuff and says some daft shit after the games that we don't win, than one with a nice guy image who doesn't win us anything.
Go there and if you find one poster not mentioning the conspiracy comeback here and we will have another talk. I can compare the two forums, it is like the day and light difference in mentality between the Caf and RAWK.

acnumber9

I'm not sure what this tweet is trying to prove but "since Fergie retired" doesn't equal Klopp's time at Liverpool, so you can already throw 13/14 and 14/15 out of the equation and start calculating again.
The stats in that tweet are wrong anyway. Seems to have just copied and pasted 18/19 from 17/18. United had 12 penalties that season.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Go there and if you find one poster not mentioning the conspiracy comeback here and we will have another talk. I can compare the two forums, it is like the day and light difference in mentality between the Caf and RAWK.
No thanks. And I believe you if you say Redcafe is better. It's just that online fora are usually not a great reflection of the entire global fanbase of a team.

Redlyn

The timing of the complaint says it all. We have a chance to go past them. Why bring historical penalties now? Why not in the actual season we got far more penalties than them?
Because last year they were cruising and this year they are bedwetting that's why.
Good times.

Real Name

No wonder Klopp is obsessed with penalties awarded to us, their fans are at it too. His words are music to their ears. It's obvious here too. Not to mention some of them are having an absolute mare here.
One more thing is obvious, they're all bringing this up now we're near the top, you wouldn't hear a beep while we were shite. Media and managers going on about it is very dangerous though. It builds a huge pressure on future refs in our games..

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It's simple, if they want us to stop getting penalties then tell the other teams to stop fouling us inside the 18. Of all the penalties we've had I can only think of one (last year) that I thought was the wrong call. So wtf are they moaning about? If we were getting dodgy penalties then I would understand. But that's not the case. Just stop fouling us and we won't get penalties. Simple as that...

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
They could at least have the decency to point out which ones they had problems with. Without that it's completely devoid of substance and shouldn't be given any airtime.

El Zoido

No wonder Klopp is obsessed with penalties awarded to us, their fans are at it too. His words are music to their ears. It's obvious here too. Not to mention some of them are having an absolute mare here.
Of course they’re having a mare, they don’t have an argument. So they just come off as bitter.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's official lads & lasses, the oppos are openly shitting themselves. Reading through this thread is evidence of that.

It's a good day to be a United fan :drool:

Redcy

They aren't going to mention actual "FACHTS", because he is a shithouser of the highest order, who has form for being a melt before.

I am loving the mental gymnastics and breakdown, good times when the opposition manager comes out in the press to whine like a fecking child.

I am also loving that we are seeing the return of the united hating media again, his comments are plastered all over every source, and being treated as fact. We are nowhere near good enough and they are all shitting their pants. Good.

adnando

No I don't think it's a dive I think he just genuinely accidentally tripped himself over, you can see when he tripped his standing leg that it caused him to then plant his foot off balance.

Have you seen the video, or just read the comments?

Here's a better view of the situation.

And here's the contact.

There's no doubt that Pogba goes to ground because of the contact with his own leg, but that contact is because he is tripped up.

Icemav

All of this is just sweet music to my ears. The stars are aligning.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Sky did actually do a video of a lot of our penalties last season (not sure how common that is), not sure if that includes all the ones we had.
The James vs Norwich (we did miss that so it didn't affect the score) and the Fernandes vs Villa are the only ones I'd say were 100% not penalties.
There are some soft ones, and penalties like Williams vs Norwich and Fernandes vs Watford I've never been a fan of those types of decisions but they are given in the vast majority of instances. A lot of the times it's the rules people should be complaining about.
The penalty against City was only given because of VAR as the ref completely missed it.

You can't just look at the number of penalties and decide it's dodgy, you have to look into the actual penalty decisions and see if the are consistent with the types of penalties the other teams are getting.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He kicked his own leg because Luiz’s leg hit Pogba’s left leg. Clumsy and slightly unfortunate but a clear penalty.
Have you seen the video, or just read the comments?

Here's a better view of the situation.

And here's the contact.

There's no doubt that Pogba goes to ground because of the contact with his own leg, but that contact is because he is tripped up.
Fair enough - I hadn't seen these angles anywhere (or maybe I had and forgot, :lol: I did remember thinking about the time it was a fair pen) - will hold my hands up and say I was incorrect on this one.

Giggsyking

yearLiverpoolUnited
92-9383
93-9452
94-9565
95-9614
96-9703
97-9842
98-9972
99-0044
00-0142
01-0225
02-0348
03-0474
04-0533
05-0663
06-0776
07-0858
08-0964
09-1038
10-1175
11-12611
12-1367
13-14125
14-1565
15-1623
16-1784
17-1833
18-19712
19-20514
total144145
per season5.145.17

simmee

• James v Norwich
  • Fernandes v Watford
  • Fernandes v Villa
  • Rashford v Newcastle
  • Pogba v Villa

Anyone remember the games where James started to get yellow cards for diving when blatantly getting tackled? Or are we only allowed to mention decisions in favor of United? fecking Charlton fans commenting on our "blatant non-pens" now...

Redcy

yearLiverpoolUnited
92-9383
93-9452
94-9565
95-9614
96-9703
97-9842
98-9972
99-0044
00-0142
01-0225
02-0348
03-0474
04-0533
05-0663
06-0776
07-0858
08-0964
09-1038
10-1175
11-12611
12-1367
13-14125
14-1565
15-1623
16-1784
17-1833
18-19712
19-20514
total144145
per season5.145.17
You are not allowed to do that. First you have to decide what your narrative is, then you find a convenient marker for when there is a difference. I mean thats only sane

Giggsyking

You are not allowed to do that. First you have to decide what your narrative is, then you find a convenient marker for when there is a difference. I mean thats only sane
If we take away the numbers of last season and the season before, United sits behind the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and City in penalty/season. Yet we won the league more than them.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
yearLiverpoolUnited
92-9383
93-9452
94-9565
95-9614
96-9703
97-9842
98-9972
99-0044
00-0142
01-0225
02-0348
03-0474
04-0533
05-0663
06-0776
07-0858
08-0964
09-1038
10-1175
11-12611
12-1367
13-14125
14-1565
15-1623
16-1784
17-1833
18-19712
19-20514
total144145
per season5.145.17
Thanks a lot. Wonder why no one did that before in this thread. I was about to post the stat myself.

So it's official, this stat absolutely proves that the fergie case has returned to the FA and the poor oppo teams complains will fall into deaf hears

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Anyone remember the games where James started to get yellow cards for diving when blatantly getting tackled? Or are we only allowed to mention decisions in favor of United? fecking Charlton fans commenting on our "blatant non-pens" now...
:lol: Literally just talking about neutrally about pens I didn't think were (now 4 out of the 20 FWIW) mate, not trying to build any sort of agenda so calm the feck down.

Sorry didn't realise that because I don't support United I'm not allowed to voice an opinion on their games.

TheReligion

Abusive

I stopped reading when you put "he kicked his own standing leg" as from that point on I knew you hadn't actually watched it properly.

Member 90887

:lol: Literally just talking about neutrally about pens I didn't think were (now 4 out of the 20 FWIW) mate, not trying to build any sort of agenda so calm the feck down.

Sorry didn't realise that because I don't support United I'm not allowed to voice an opinion on their games.
While i don't agree with his last sentence, he's not wrong.

If you talk about the non-pen awarded, it's only fair to talk about the pen that should have been awarded, don't you agree ?

adnando

Fair enough - I hadn't seen these angles anywhere (or maybe I had and forgot, :lol: I did remember thinking about the time it was a fair pen) - will hold my hands up and say I was incorrect on this one.
No worries, wouldn't mind if you still didn't think it was a pen, it's good to be able to discuss United things with people that aren't biased.
You did what everyone has asked for the last couple of pages and actually brought up several incidents, so fair play to you.

Wouldn't be the same if all of us kept screaming into the same echo chamber.

Lee565

Klopp seems to be cracking and it started with that terrible after match interview where ranted on and on about tv channels scheduling liverpool's matches in an unfair way.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
yearLiverpoolUnited
92-9383
93-9452
94-9565
95-9614
96-9703
97-9842
98-9972
99-0044
00-0142
01-0225
02-0348
03-0474
04-0533
05-0663
06-0776
07-0858
08-0964
09-1038
10-1175
11-12611
12-1367
13-14125
14-1565
15-1623
16-1784
17-1833
18-19712
19-20514
total144145
per season5.145.17
Clear pattern there, Ole has bought VAR

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

Could try getting some things right before you voice them