Rival managers complaining about our penalties

El Zoido

United's blatant non-pens in the PL since the start of last season IMO:
  • James v Norwich
  • Fernandes v Watford
  • Fernandes v Villa
  • Rashford v Newcastle
  • Pogba v Villa
Other than that I think all the others are probably fair.

5/20 I think that is? Not sure how that would stack up to other teams.
Only James and Fernandes against Villa were wrong. The others were all reasonable shouts and ones you’ve seen given before. And didn’t James have a stonewaller turned down the very next week after everyone called him a diver?

romufc

I don't understand how Klopp is having a dig at United. The number of times Mane and Salah have won penalties by falling over is a joke.

Alot of our penalties have been justified, so I cannot see where he is coming from.

From the players, you can see that why we get so many penalties, Rashy and Martial are good dribblers of a football, they invite fouls.

Tony247

I don't understand how Klopp is having a dig at United. The number of times Mane and Salah have won penalties by falling over is a joke.

Alot of our penalties have been justified, so I cannot see where he is coming from.

From the players, you can see that why we get so many penalties, Rashy and Martial are good dribblers of a football, they invite fouls.
That clown is playing mind game with refree. Knowing his defense is a mess and Rashford, Martial are in form, there is a genuine chance of us getting penalty.

romufc

That clown is playing mind game with refree. Knowing his defense is a mess and Rashford, Martial are in form, there is a genuine chance of us getting penalty.
I really hope we get a penalty against them. This is one game I really want us to win, would send shivers down their spines.

Giggsy13

We did but what Utd have had in the last 15 months or so is unprecedented. Unbelievable, really. Peak 1970 Brazil playing in the PL now would get less penalties I'm sure you'd agree.

Managers are just asking why this unprecedented behaviour now? It's not just cos Man Utd dribble in the penalty area more, or better, that's blatantly not true over say Salah/Mane or Sterling/KdB/Mahrez.
Fergie has made you damaged goods. Take the foil hat off.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
If Liverpool were getting all these penalties this place would react the same.

It's a cheat code for Solkjaer at the moment and I think it's killing the spirit of the game.

Giggsyking

It's a cheat code for Solkjaer at the moment and I think it's killing the spirit of the game.
Liverpool were getting them up until last season. We were always behind them in total number of penalties.

OleTheGreat

It is all very interesting because he chose to target us now. We're truly getting on their nerves. I love it. You can all you want in your interviews Klopp but we've paid a lot to get the penalties in our favor and it shall continue for a long time. For the love of God, get your act together. I was so impressed by Klopp for doing what he done with this Liverpool time but that interview is very disappointing. I hope we go to Anfield and win a penalty. VAR is a big part of the modern game and I think these managers need to shut up and obey the rules. FA better fine Klopp for what he's said because that's an accusation against us and it is intolerable. We're playing well and these things will only make us stronger. We need keep the pressure up. I'm sure Pep is feeling the same way as Ole. United and City will get past Liverpool if we win our games in hand and Liverpool will drop down. Liverpool's injury issues at the back will cost them. I'm so glad we have stronger option all over the pitch even though we don't have a proper pattern of play and the players for it. If we manage to stay in top 2 come 25 odd games, I'm sure we're in for a big journey towards the back end of this season.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Yeah, that's not how these things work.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Referees are humans who err and have egos which prevent them from rectifying on thier errors and also tend to act according to reputation at times.

Big teams, whether it is us or any traditional big club, crying over referees bias, is just looking for excuses.

Denis' cuff

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

I agree, I’d love to know how much money he’s spent sending the refs gifts

cyberman

Do you want defenders to foul us with impunity now? Its the opposition dictating when the pens happen. Its actually got little to do with us.

alexthelion

They're really not. Stats very useful to see how likely an event is compared to what has happened historically.

Same thing we do with economic numbers, you have years of data, you can take the current data and work out what the standard deviation from the mean is of the current data we're seeing.
Just proves that we didn't get as many previously as we should have done.

alexthelion

• James v Norwich
  • Fernandes v Watford
  • Fernandes v Villa
  • Rashford v Newcastle
  • Pogba v Villa

5 2/20 I think that is? Not sure how that would stack up to other teams.
Corrected for you.

bsCallout

• James v Norwich
  • Fernandes v Watford
  • Fernandes v Villa
  • Rashford v Newcastle
  • Pogba v Villa

5/20 I think that is? Not sure how that would stack up to other teams.
Pogba against Villa? Give over, the bloke clipped his leg which made him trip.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Bringing attention to the number of penalties we get will play on the minds of rival defenders more than the refs.

Conor

I really don't understand how anyone can say that Pogba vs Villa isn't a pen. What constitutes a penalty, if clipping someone's legs, causing them to trip themselves, doesn't?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I really don't understand how anyone can say that Pogba vs Villa isn't a pen. What constitutes a penalty, if clipping someone's legs, causing them to trip themselves, doesn't?
I think it makes it easy to spot who actually watches football and the incidents and who just reads headlines and repeats them

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Liverpool fans here - Please note:

Lindelof handball decision went against us;
De Gea's foot was on the line but referee decided a retake of the penalty;
disastrous refereeing against us, by the referee, in the Arsenal game;
Mings elbow on Pogba
etc etc etc

a few of the decisions that went against us this season.

Fridge chutney

Fair enough - I hadn't seen these angles anywhere (or maybe I had and forgot, :lol: I did remember thinking about the time it was a fair pen) - will hold my hands up and say I was incorrect on this one.
Fair play to you. We've had to listen to a bunch of pathetic conspiracies from rival fans so it gets a bit tedious. It's refreshing when class and humility are shown.

Refs have always taken a grim view of defenders running across the back of attackers. It's so unnecessary and i get infuriated when our own defense does it. It's just poor positioning that will often go punished. Luiz in this scenario was poorly positioned, and perhaps a bit unlucky, but it was a clear pen and Oliver had a perfect view of it, with VAR checking for due diligence.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Feck off.
Sorry but are opposition so-called fans allowed to write like this in addressing us genuine United supporters on our forum ?!
If i for one was allowed to i'd have some fine words to answer this person.
And don't tell me, and many others here, that some of these Liverpool supporters are better than some others - They're all the same!

Fridge chutney

Sorry but are opposition so-called fans allowed to write like this in addressing us genuine United supporters on our forum ?!
And don't tell me, and many others here, that some of these Liverpool supporters are better than some others - They're all the same!
Come on Christina, this is simply untrue. Robin is generally a good poster and there are some good LFC posters on this forum (although this thread is not a great representation of that!)

Member 120012

Amazing as I didn't see all these " decent Liverpool" fans complaining when Sane was diving on his own in the penalty area to change games. Not one!!!! . Shame they can take the rough with smooth. Anyhows how Klopp is even allowed on the side line is beyond me with his antics.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Come on Christina, this is simply untrue. Robin is generally a good poster and there are some good LFC posters on this forum (although this thread is not a great representation of that!)
Maybe when it comes to other things, when it comes to Liverpool thos thread has shown differently

Redlyn

Only what he actually said should be in question imo who he supports shouldnt have a bearing on what he's allowed to say.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
It is true FC (although i respect your opinion about this) because he's been a bit over the top, in this thread, along with Dumbstar, Klopper etc in defending the indefensible.
And that's certainly no way to reply to any post as he did as it seems he can't take the flak and is rattled like Klopp.
Besides this you seem to be agreeing with me too (at least in this thread) ......... vide your highlighted text.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
There is a report button at the top right corner of my post, honey. Just click it and you can warn the mods about it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
God, I'd pay money to have another penalty next match just to see the meltdowns. This is all so funny.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
[
There is a report button at the top right corner of my post, honey. Just click it and you can warn the mods about it.
Listen, don't patronise me with your 'honey'.
Go back under your rock with all your RAWK buddies.

cyberman

Ki
Only what he actually said should be in question imo who he supports shouldnt have a bearing on what he's allowed to say.
Kind of does? This is a Utd fan forun after all. Theres adding discussion and theres ranting and raving about Utd when we had feck all to do with last night. I would have had the warnings out a while ago with the display from that fanbase today. Totally uncalled for.
This isnt a general football fan forum. Respect goes a long way