Road Draft II 2nd round: GSTQ vs Skizzo

Who will win based on all the players at their club career peak as mentioned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Classy team from @Skizzo there. That revamped midfield is a thing of beauty.

Only thing I dislike there is Boniek because -

1. Don't see him as a striker for starters. His goal scoring is often exagarated. Scored 10+ goals only once in 6 seasons in Italy (league/Europe combined). 12 goals was his max.
2. Stoichkov is already a floater. I'd have preferred someone who could hold the ball up as well on counters. Like Rossi was at Juventus with Platini/Boniek
3. Lastly, would have been nice to have someone with a bit of physicality and heading skills for those fullbacks to capitalize on. Again, someone like Rossi was at Juventus

Other than that, it's a solid team.

Tactics wise, I think both my wings (wingers and fullbacks) have lots of attack in them which should pin the opposition wingback's to the back.

Cruyff can triple up on both the wings and make life difficult, especially on counters when wingback's are caught up field. Of course, Van Hanegem and Brietner are great fits and will help but that makes it easy for my team to get the control of the game and remain in shape much more than the opposition.

GodShaveTheQueen

Just for clarity, my vote isn’t a shady attempt at gaming
I know that. Its just my OCD for symmetry :lol:

Even if you forgot to add Blokhin for me :p

Good luck going forward mate.
Thanks mate.

I probably wouldn't have had anything to type if I had replaced Boniek as the rest of the team is absolutely perfect. That midfield is easily the best in the draft currently.

I don't think there is much between the teams and in real world, this would be a game with maybe 1 goal difference for whichever team wins.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Both sides impressive in quality. GSTQ tactically a little more persuasive. On specific match-ups, can see Zico causing some problems in the hole, Gullit exploiting his physical advantages in the inside-right channel. Would have preferred to see Chumpitaz in GSTQ's back-line as his pace and covering is just what is required against such a rapid and low-centre-of-gravity attack. But on the whole has the edge on quality and cohesion to take the win.

GodShaveTheQueen

Would have preferred to see Chumpitaz in GSTQ's back-line as his pace and covering is just what is required against such a rapid and low-centre-of-gravity attack
I considered this but my problem with Chumpitaz is the same I had already mentioned in the top 20 thread. I don't rate him very high when it comes to playing from the back and look at him more as a stopper.

I didn't see him as a great fit alongside Kohler in a Cruyff team.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
@GodShaveTheQueen cheers for throwing it together

Just for clarity, my vote isn’t a shady attempt at gaming, I think you have a better team :)

Even if you forgot to add Blokhin for me :p

Good luck going forward mate.
You're batshit crazy. That team is excellent and I even like Stoichkov, Boniek pairing as it will stretch the opposition bringing Zico into more goalscoring positions during the game.

Draw for me and mostly because of the above. Can see Zico having a great game.

GodShaveTheQueen

Oh look, Enigma votes for me in a inconsequential game. 10 bucks says he again votes against in the next game. Got so much to learn from some of these guys :lol: