Road Trip Draft 2: SF. harms vs Himannv

Who will win based on all the players at their club career peak as mentioned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
harms

Himannv

harms Tactics

There's not much to tell. This is a counter-attacking set up that would've had a fair chance against Himannv in a one-off real life game, but, let's face it, his side will probably win more games out of 10.

I also feel dirty for benching Netzer, but him being all fired up about it, subbing himself off in the additional time and scoring the winner is my best and most realistic strategy. After that he can feck off to Real Madrid for all I care.

Himannv Tactics

- Pele + Seeler combination up front is perfect to get the best out of Pele here.
- Attacking fullbacks who will provide width
- Wingers can cut in centrally when required.
- High energy midfield
- Defense marshalled by Moore.

Last edited:

Himannv

No worries, @Physiocrat. Thanks for setting it up!

I've been struggling to get the images to even work on Redcafe, let alone managing to resize them properly. It used to be a lot simpler, I don't know what changed.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
No worries, @Physiocrat. Thanks for setting it up!

I've been struggling to get the images to even work on Redcafe, let alone managing to resize them properly. It used to be a lot simpler, I don't know what changed.
It was moving over to https from http, that's what's done it. It should mean the site is more secure now though

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
first saw harms team and thought yap he has my vote and then scrolled down to see himan team :lol: not voting here, have fun guys.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Definitely surprised by the OP from Harms. It's not really tilted either ways and should be close.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Love that midfield @harms, Falcao and Neeskens get into my personal all time 11, supported by Voronin is a perfect setup. And that's not memtioning Baresi marshaling from the back :drool:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
In the previous rounds, I thought that I'll probably vote for @Himannv for the rest of the tournament.

But now there's a defensive spine of Voronin - Baresi - Stam - Kahn on the other side :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Love that midfield @harms, Falcao and Neeskens get into my personal all time 11, supported by Voronin is a perfect setup. And that's not memtioning Baresi marshaling from the back :drool:
That’s probably my favorite midfield unit out of all those that I’ve assembled. It really has it all. With Netzer the balance was a little off.

And it’s almost impossible to make my backline better, so this team will have a fighting chance against any one.

harms

Staff
Desperate bump for all of you that can't see anyone scoring past my wall. And then there's of my own personal Joga Bonito :drool:

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
This is so close went with Himannv, just think he has enough firepower to break harms down.

harms

Staff
It looks like the miraculous result ain't going to happen, so congratulations @Himannv. I meant what I've said in the OP — while my team is near perfect in terms of the defence and midfield, attacking-wise it lacks a bit of an edge at this stage. Puskás is still one of the deadliest strikers around, but it's not his Hungarian peak that truly puts him in the GOAT tier. Jairzinho is great and he performed admirably for Botafogo, but I'd certainly pick quite a few ahead of him — Robben, Kalle and Gullit at least if we're not even mentioning blocked players. Gento, alongside Giggs, is the club GOAT in his role, but even at his best he wasn't as devastating as the likes of Best or Cristiano.

On the other hand we have perhaps only slightly inferior defence and midfield, but there's Pelé at the heart of everything surrounded by complimentary players, all of whom had outstanding club careers. Only Kopa's peak came in a different league (his best years were spent in Spain), but he stood out at Reims as well and I'm looking forward to watching 2 of his games from the 60's that I've recently acquired.

There's also a story of Pelé getting the best out of cocky Voronin at 1965 (the only case I know of Voronin getting properly schooled). Voronin felt invincible, since he regularly got the better of the Europe's best players and he was at his very best. So, when the time came to play against Brazil, he volunteered to take care of Pelé. USSR lost 0:3 and Pelé scored 2 goals. There are even theories that say this loss broke him psychologically, although I doubt it, he was still breathtaking a year later at the 1966 World Cup. Still, it's probably a testament to Voronin's quality that Pelé himself came to him to trade shirts after the game.

Best of luck going forward!

Enigma_87

You know who
It looks like the miraculous result ain't going to happen, so congratulations @Himannv. I meant what I've said in the OP — while my team is near perfect in terms of the defence and midfield, attacking-wise it lacks a bit of an edge at this stage. Puskás is still one of the deadliest strikers around, but it's not his Hungarian peak that truly puts him in the GOAT tier. Jairzinho is great and he performed admirably for Botafogo, but I'd certainly pick quite a few ahead of him — Robben, Kalle and Gullit at least if we're not even mentioning blocked players. Gento, alongside Giggs, is the club GOAT in his role, but even at his best he wasn't as devastating as the likes of Best or Cristiano.

On the other hand we have perhaps only slightly inferior defence and midfield, but there's Pelé at the heart of everything surrounded by complimentary players, all of whom had outstanding club careers. Only Kopa's peak came in a different league (his best years were spent in Spain), but he stood out at Reims as well and I'm looking forward to watching 2 of his games from the 60's that I've recently acquired.

There's also a story of Pelé getting the best out of cocky Voronin at 1965 (the only case I know of Voronin getting properly schooled). Voronin felt invincible, since he regularly got the better of the Europe's best players and he was at his very best. So, when the time came to play against Brazil, he volunteered to take care of Pelé. USSR lost 0:3 and Pelé scored 2 goals. There are even theories that say this loss broke him psychologically, although I doubt it, he was still breathtaking a year later at the 1966 World Cup. Still, it's probably a testament to Voronin's quality that Pelé himself came to him to trade shirts after the game.

Best of luck going forward!
This is what was the deciding factor for me.

You had the better defence hands down and maybe midfield, although the latter is close, but an older Puskas is a much better fit for Moore compared to what Himanv had in attack. I don't rate Jairzinho particularly highly if you exclude WC feats, but then again Kopa as RWF seems but off to me. He's inside right at best and Zanetti can't bomb forward on every occasion considering he has a Cole/Gento flank and defensive worries on his own.