Robbie Savage - commentator

IRELANDUNITED

Anyone got any clips of what he actually said or anything? I heard he was ridiculous and I’m not in the least bit surprised but I’m working tonight so I didn’t get to see much of the game.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Yup, I've noticed it too. He's been very bitter towards us since his son left united.

Dearg hÉireann

Anyone got any clips of what he actually said or anything? I heard he was ridiculous and I’m not in the least bit surprised but I’m working tonight so I didn’t get to see much of the game.
When the Rashford tackle happened he said over and over again, "that's a red card he has to go for that". In fairness he kept saying he thought we'd score another but he's definitely changed his commentary towards us since the son left.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I didn't listen to him last night, but he was the one commentator who was openly biased in our favour.
I listened to him and he was still pro United I thought. He was positive about most things, he even said Rashford’s wasn't a red card until he saw the other angle and then changed his mind. Which to be fair is exactly what I did.

Dr. StrangeHate

He was as biased as usual towards United last night. You can tell he’s still a fan.
I listened to him and he was still pro United I thought. He was positive about most things, he even said Rashford’s wasn't a red card until he saw the other angle and then changed his mind. Which to be fair is exactly what I did.
Good to know, as I have gotten older I prefer to listen to biased people in our favour rather than neutral or ABU commentators.

youngrell

I don’t think he was particularly biased against us, he’s just the type to state facts with regards to the rules or what he thinks the refs will do so he can be ‘right’ rather than give his own opinion, unlike Scholesy and Hargreaves.

Rodgerzzz

That's exactly what I took from the situation as well. He even asked the lead commentator, who's name alludes me, whether he thought it was a red card & he agreed with Savage that on second viewing it should be a sending off.

I'm not a massive fan of Savage but compared to some of the other dregs that get put on co comms I think he does a decent enough job with it.