Robert Lewandowski 2021/22 performances

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Found this stat on Reddit. Lewandowski has won the last 20 CL games he has played in, scoring 28 goals and adding 7 assists.
  • 02/11/2021: 5-2 victory against Benfica (3 goals, 1 assist)
  • 20/10/2021: 4-0 victory against Benfica (1 goal)
  • 29/09/2021: 5-0 victory against Dynamo Kyiv (2 goals)
  • 14/09/2021: 3-0 victory against Barcelona (2 goals)
  • 17/03/2021: 2-1 victory against Lazio (1 goal)
  • 23/02/2021: 4-1 victory against Lazio (1 goal)
  • 25/11/2020: 3-1 victory against Salzburg (1 goal)
  • 03/11/2020: 6-2 victory against Salzburg (2 goals)
  • 27/10/2020: 2-1 victory against Lokomotiv
  • 21/10/2020: 4-0 victory against Atlético
  • 23/08/2020: 1-0 victory against Paris Saint-Germain
  • 19/08/2020: 3-0 victory against Olympique Lyon (1 goal, 1 assist)
  • 14/08/2020: 8-2 victory against Barcelona (1 goal, 1 assist)
  • 08/08/2020: 4-1 victory against Chelsea (2 goals, 2 assists)
  • 25/02/2020: 3-0 victory against Chelsea (1 goal, 2 assists)
  • 26/11/2019: 6-0 victory against Crvena zvezda (4 goals)
  • 06/11/2019: 2-0 victory against Olympiacos (1 goal)
  • 22/10/2019: 3-2 victory against Olympiacos (2 goals)
  • 01/10/2019: 7-2 victory against Tottenham (2 goals)
  • 18/09/2019: 3-0 victory against Crvena zvezda (1 goal)
Also his overall CL stats are really something:

1.04 goal involvements per game across his 100 CL games.

Trezeguet17

With 81 goals he is the player with the most goals after 100 games in the CL.

Him and Ronaldo are the Champions League goats for me. Altough he only won one CL title so far, which is a shame.

KeanoMagicHat

Starting to think Lewandowski is a bit like the Djokovic of football. Messi vs Ronaldo is the Federer vs Nadal debate and it's like Lewandowski is disrupting their party, even though he's scoring like they did for 3 or 4 years in a row now. I don't think he'll get close to surpassing them, but it still feels like people sleep on Lewandowski's stats which are every bit as good as theirs, but doesn't always capture attention. If he's anything like Djokovic, the lack of recognition for that will motivate him to keep doing it an insane level.

MiceOnMeth

Him and Ronaldo are the Champions League goats for me. Altough he only won one CL title so far, which is a shame.
Ronaldo was an old school winger for a big part of his first 100 CL matches though

arnie_ni

Its interesting that RVN didn't make that list yet he's like 6th? All time on the CL scorers list.

He must have went crazy after his first 100 games

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Starting to think Lewandowski is a bit like the Djokovic of football. Messi vs Ronaldo is the Federer vs Nadal debate and it's like Lewandowski is disrupting their party, even though he's scoring like they did for 3 or 4 years in a row now. I don't think he'll get close to surpassing them, but it still feels like people sleep on Lewandowski's stats which are every bit as good as theirs, but doesn't always capture attention. If he's anything like Djokovic, the lack of recognition for that will motivate him to keep doing it an insane level.
That's not a very accurate comparison. Novak is tied on Grand Slams with the other two, his GOAT claim is legitimate. His achievements speak for themselves. Lewandowski is nowhere near the other two in terms of longevity.

KeanoMagicHat

That's not a very accurate comparison. Novak is tied on Grand Slams with the other two, his GOAT claim is legitimate. His achievements speak for themselves. Lewandowski is nowhere near the other two in terms of longevity.
Fair enough, I meant more to do with the impression he has in the sport. If you told a casual football fan that Lewandowski has scored 248 goals in his last 245 games since 2016, I think some wouldn't realise that, it hasn't registered in the wider public in the same way as when Messi and Ronaldo were scoring a more than a goal per game.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Football is changed a lot in the last twenty years and those insane goalscoring ratios will be more and more common in the future for very gifted forwards.
Messi and Ronaldo mythical status, albeit obviously deserved, has benefitted from their timing as openers of this new era.

cyberman

Fair enough, I meant more to do with the impression he has in the sport. If you told a casual football fan that Lewandowski has scored 248 goals in his last 245 games since 2016, I think some wouldn't realise that, it hasn't registered in the wider public in the same way as when Messi and Ronaldo were scoring a more than a goal per game.
Ronaldo is something stupid like 20 goals off a goal a game in 370 odd games since turning 30. He basically is still scoring a goal a game. He now suffers from the same.. and? As Lewa does imo
Lewa is a bit unlucky as in fans are desensitised to these numbers in modern football even to the point Ronaldos recent goals are being diminished to the same extent.

KeanoMagicHat

Ronaldo is something stupid like 20 goals off a goal a game in 370 odd games since turning 30. He basically is still scoring a goal a game. He now suffers from the same.. and? As Lewa does imo
Lewa is a bit unlucky as in fans are desensitised to these numbers in modern football even to the point Ronaldos recent goals are being diminished to the same extent.
That's somewhat true, although Ronaldo still has a very loud and loyal fanbase every time he scores, because of the reason below.

Messi and Ronaldo mythical status, albeit obviously deserved, has benefitted from their timing as openers of this new era.

Jerzol78

68 goals in a calendar year with one game left (Wolfsburg).

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Oh.....No....For some reason he never gave me this vibe of someone who would do what any annoying Tik-Tok users do, but here we are. Definitely don't feel bad he's not getting the Ballon d'Or now. :p

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Scored his 300th Bundesliga goal today. 300 goals and 72 assists in 369 games (30,000 minutes).
Up to 23 goals in 19 games (1,630 minutes) for the current Bundesliga season.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
amazing stats. until you realise he will probably go down as the greatest flat track farmer bully in the history of turd league agriculture. apparently.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
amazing stats. until you realise he will probably go down as the greatest flat track farmer bully in the history of turd league agriculture. apparently.
Poor take or fishing.

He has 82 goals and 24 assists in 102 Champions League games.
74 goals and 27 assists in 128 games for Poland.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
One of the modern day greats. I would have loved to have seen him at United for a late spell like we have done with Ibra, Cavani and Ronaldo.

One of the highlights of so many poor years were seeing those players in red. Hoping if Cavani leaves, that he might fancy it :D

Red Star One

He's like 65 goals short of Gerd Mullers record, no? Would like to see him having the ambition to stay at Bayern for another two-three years and try to become Bundesliga all time top scorer.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He bullied those fields and farmers like they'd never been bullied before!

Blackwidow

I am pretty sure that this offense with him, Müller and 2 of the wingers would rock the EPL, too.

KeanoMagicHat

Lewandowski has a goal a game in the CL I think and while overall the Bundesliga isn't as strong as the PL, I would guess that they would have won at least half of the last 10 Premier Leagues if they were in England.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Poor take or fishing.

He has 82 goals and 24 assists in 102 Champions League games.
74 goals and 27 assists in 128 games for Poland.
i’m not sure you can use his poland stats to back him up. if he was a truly great striker he’d have played for a better country, like brazil.

He bullied those fields and farmers like they'd never been bullied before!
the whole of ligue un breathes a collective sigh of relief that he is just over the border in germany.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, seriously, what's so hard about being called up by Brazil anyways. I mean Fred has managed it. He's worse than Fred!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Could he actually break his own record ?
I think he will. 23 in 19 games so he’s on pace for 41 as well but he’s been doing better recently. It’s worth noting though that he only played in 29 games last year, at the same pace he was scoring at he would have ended up with 48 in 34 if he had been healthy all year, so he’s technically having a significantly worse season in productivity.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Already on 33 goals in all competitions for this season and we are only halfway through the season!

Absolute madman! An all-time great at this point and still very much in his peak.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He's like 65 goals short of Gerd Mullers record, no? Would like to see him having the ambition to stay at Bayern for another two-three years and try to become Bundesliga all time top scorer.
At his current rate it won't take much more than another season after this one. Two more and it's looking nailed on if he can stay away from injuries.

Red Star One

At his current rate it won't take much more than another season after this one. Two more and it's looking nailed on if he can stay away from injuries.
Lewy and Bayern are a match made in heaven and he’s still three years younger than Ronaldo, how long can he stay in such a fine form? Doesn’t seem to be running out of gas just yet.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Imagine the possibilities if he had just followed his heart..

OmarUnited4ever

Scored his 300th Bundesliga goal today. 300 goals and 72 assists in 369 games (30,000 minutes).
Up to 23 goals in 19 games (1,630 minutes) for the current Bundesliga season.
Does that make him the top goal scorer in Bundesliga?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Does that make him the top goal scorer in Bundesliga?
No, that is the great Gerd Müller. He scored 365 goals and another 99 assists in 427 Bundesliga games.

And 78 goals in 62 cup games on top of 34 in 35 „CL“ games and 68 in 62 games for Germany. Completely ridiculous

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
No, that is the great Gerd Müller. He scored 365 goals and another 99 assists in 427 Bundesliga games.

And 78 goals in 62 cup games on top of 34 in 35 „CL“ games and 68 in 62 games for Germany. Completely ridiculous
Forever the Bayern Goat

ForeverRed1

Probably because he plays in bundesliga and hes later to the party.

would love to see him in premier league, playing for us obviously.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich

However, if Lewandowski extends his contract for another 2 years, I wouldn't be surprised at all, if he will also get this record from Müller..