Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

wr8_utd

:'(
Franciszek Smuda (Poland Coach): "Robert Lewandowski is going to Manchester United." [reuters]

Oops . What's going to happen to Welbeck and Hernandez?!

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Is that tweet from ManUtdStuff? Someone find it on the Reuters.com at least.

Edit: Bet this ends up being a miquote. "What I meant to say was he could easily play for Manchester United, he's that good."

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Was gonna give the Poland match a miss but i might just watch it now..

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Is that tweet from ManUtdStuff? Someone find it on the Reuters.com at least.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/08/us-soccer-euro-smuda-drinking-idUSBRE8570IF20120608

Smuda, who took the post in 2009 after Poland's failure to qualify for the World Cup in South Africa, sets the Borussia Dortmund's Polish trio - Lukasz Piszczek, Kuba Blaszczykowski and Robert Lewandowski - as the example to follow.

"In my opinion, in a moment they will be gone from Borussia," Smuda said. "'Lewy' is going to Manchester United, Kuba also somewhere in England, Piszczek to Real (Madrid)."

"They have a goal and they want to grow. I base the squad on them."

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Not to be a buzz kill but

"In my opinion, in a moment they will be gone from Borussia," Smuda said. "'Lewy' is going to Manchester United, Kuba also somewhere in England, Piszczek to Real (Madrid)."

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why would we buy him? No chance. Too good to be a 4th striker.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's his wild guess, a nothing story. He just thinks he'll go, he doesn't know that.

Count Orduck

So it's in his opinion. That's all. Nothing to suggest it's true except the ramblings of a national team coach.

I'd be very surprised if not only were Dortmund to sell two of their best players to us in one summer after they've won the double in Germany, but then added to that by selling a load of others, too (like Pizczek to Real Madrid).

Anduin

I don't want to spoil the party, but we don't need Lewandowski. It would be odd to move for a fourth striker who would cost at the very least £20m; we couldn't afford to give Welbeck, Hernandez and Lewandowski enough playing time and with Kagawa already signed, it's likely a system change is coming up as well. Good player, but NOT what we need and would be a waste of resources. We're light in other departments.

adam118

How would he fit in with Kagawa. Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez and the wingers (nani, Valencia, Nani)? Cannot see this happening unless a big name is leaving.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why can't we be linked with central midfielders? WHY?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Welbeck won't lose his place to Lewandowski. He's by far a better player and will soon be scoring goals regularly.
No he isn't. I rate Welbeck but Lewandowski is better.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Somebody being "signed" is the new version of transfer speculation these days it seems

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I hear he's just awaiting confirmation from friendlytramps that he's allowed to sign..

Status
Not open for further replies.