Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

LARulz

Would have expected a flashier car from a footballer of his level

Brophs

The One and Only
Would have expected a flashier car from a footballer of his level
He just leaves that outside the garage to give them something to vandalise and then when morning comes he takes the Ferrari out of the garage and nips off to training.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Exactly... If that was done for football reasons they probably would've done a lot more to the car.

Afaik the kid withdrew his complaint and in turn Lewandowski withdrew his accusations and in turn Lewandowski withdrew his (the kid supposedly insulted him). Dunno if there was any money involved.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Anybody think this whole fanfare for Lewandowski at Signal Iduna Park at the weekend was a bit smalltime? I mean, he is leaving them for their domestic rivals, the team they will be battling it out for the league with next season, Yes Bayern are a much bigger club than Dortmund but its still a bit much, dont you think?

NoPace

Anybody think this whole fanfare for Lewandowski at Signal Iduna Park at the weekend was a bit smalltime? I mean, he is leaving them for their domestic rivals, the team they will be battling it out for the league with next season, Yes Bayern are a much bigger club than Dortmund but its still a bit much, dont you think?
You make more friends with honey. Players know it`s a business, so why not show them Dortmund treat players with respect? Nothing gained from being bitter, and Lewandowski was brilliant for them in their return to success. He didn`t leave ASAP like Goetze either.

That said, I didn`t see it. Was it insane?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Crazy farewell. Can't help but feel it's a little strange as he's leaving for their domestic rivals, imagine Rooney leaving for Chelsea? :lol:

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

They hate Götze for leaving to Bayern.

But Lewandowski is different. He is from Poland, so he has personally nothing to do with Dortmund nor Bayern. He never told lies like "i will not leave". He said as soon as he could that he is going to leave. The point is; he knew he is leaving and still he gave his very best for BVB in every single game he played. And in the end the fans appreciate that and his honesty and now they feel no hate but gratitude.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They hate Götze for leaving to Bayern.

But Lewandowski is different. He is from Poland, so he has personally nothing to do with Dortmund nor Bayern. He never told lies like "i will not leave". He said as soon as he could that he is going to leave. The point is; he knew he is leaving and still he gave his very best for BVB in every single game he played. And in the end the fans appreciate that and his honesty and now they feel no hate but gratitude.
Yeah it's always confused me how he's played so well and in such a committed and switched on manner and the players, club and fans treated him so well, all fully knowing that he's moving to bayern. But it's actually pretty great when you think about it. Can't see it happening in English football.

Paolo Di Canio

Different culture than over here I suppose, But I doubt you would get the same sort of reaction anywhere when leaving for a domestic rival, imagine Costa leaving for Barcelona, Suarez leaving for City etc and getting the same sort of send off

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Different culture than over here I suppose, But I doubt you would get the same sort of reaction anywhere when leaving for a domestic rival, imagine Costa leaving for Barcelona, Suarez leaving for City etc and getting the same sort of send off
I think if the Atletico fans know that Costa will leave anyway, then they wouldn't mind if it's to Barca or Chelsea, as long as it's not for Real Madrid. David Villa has received a great reception at the Mestalla every time he has returned there (as Barca and Atletico player).

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
It's not because of the culture tbh. Usually fans start to hate their players here aswell if they move to their rival. Best and current example is Götze. But this Lewandowski case is different. When it became official people started to moan about him too, but he played well and gave everything he got afterwards. And then they started to get sad that he is leaving.

Usually a player just leave a club in summer and nobody knows before and the fans never see him playing for his team again. But BVB fans knew 1 year before, officially 6 months.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's not because of the culture tbh. Usually fans start to hate their players here aswell if they move to their rival. Best and current example is Götze. But this Lewandowski case is different. When it became official people started to moan about him too, but he played well and gave everything he got afterwards. And then they started to get sad that he is leaving.

Usually a player just leave a club in summer and nobody knows before and the fans never see him playing for his team again. But BVB fans knew 1 year before, officially 6 months.
Götze is not a good example for generelizations, his case was a bit special.

Paolo Di Canio

I think if the Atletico fans know that Costa will leave anyway, then they wouldn't mind if it's to Barca or Chelsea, as long as it's not for Real Madrid. David Villa has received a great reception at the Mestalla every time he has returned there (as Barca and Atletico player).
In fairness Villa was becoming surplus to requirements at Barca with the signing of Neymar, and made a move to a team well below them in terms of challenging for La Liga (at the time)

Im not slagging the Dortmund fans off here, I think it was a nice act of class, Im just pointing out how it would never happen in England if a players top scorer moved to their title rivals when the gap between the two clubs was becoming even bigger, They made it clear now to players like Hummels and Gundogen that they can move if they want to and it is accepted in some cases

Perfect example now would be Suarez to City

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
In fairness Villa was becoming surplus to requirements at Barca with the signing of Neymar, and made a move to a team well below them in terms of challenging for La Liga (at the time)

Im not slagging the Dortmund fans off here, I think it was a nice act of class, Im just pointing out how it would never happen in England if a players top scorer moved to their title rivals when the gap between the two clubs was becoming even bigger, They made it clear now to players like Hummels and Gundogen that they can move if they want to and it is accepted in some cases

No I didn't mean the reception Barca fans gave, but the reception David Villa received from Valencia fans when he returned there as a Barca player and also last week as an Atletico player. But then you could also say Valencia are no title rivals of course.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Do you seriously think that players really want to leave but in the end don't because they are afraid of how the fans might react? And I'm sure that someone who gave as much to the club as Lewandowski and acted in such a professional manner would get a respectful farewell at most clubs. Because in the end anything less would be quite pathetic.

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan

You can't compare Götze. He has all the right to be disliked after the way he behaved and acted.

I said it in the best to a friend like this: "I prefer a honest asshole over someone who goes behind ones back."
Thats pretty much it. Lewandwoski was truthtful and honest the entire time. Maybe not the most likable one, but always professional. Götze on the other hand is the latter (and actually Sahin as well, why I personally still don't have the best opinion about him)

Status
Not open for further replies.