Robert Lewandowski

MarkK

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think he still has 1-2 years on a good level but I wouldn't gor for him when the task is to rebuild the squad.

Nevertheless, he is still a very good, mostly reliable striker at the end of his peak. Don't measure him on his performance against Liverpool though. We were shit all along, especially in Munich, probably because we were set up being shit by a coach who was afraid to play attractive football with an ageing team he didn't truly believe in.

Nickosaur

Still a great striker imo but we should be avoiding older players/players on a downward trajectory.

binary bot
The likes of Lewandowski and players of his age/quality can make sense on 1-2year contracts. The reason 90% of them move at that age though is to secure one last lengthy payday.

Bale is the same.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Not sure if he'd make the cut in the Premier League now.

He looked very leggy against Liverpool, albeit the best defence he'd face here.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This would be so stupid. I heard on the radio a couple of years ago you had the choice between RVP and Lewa and chose RVP, a wise short term move under Fergie who wanted one last hurrah. Why would you decide to make the same decision when the long term future of the club is at risk? You need to bring in someone like Kane. Short term and long term in the mindset.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If we want an experienced striker, I’d rather we went for Cavani. Not a big fan of Lewa

Red Star One

He stated few times he wants to end his career in the US, so if there’s even a remote chance to sign him for a year, two or three I’d be over the moon. Would easily be one of the top strikers of the league and I think he still has few good years on top level. Don’t think he’d be very interested in joining us, but if this rumor has any legs I say make it happen.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He will never play for us I'm sure. It's not because he's too good for us or anything but simply it just doesn't add up with some players and us. If there was a tiny chance of signing him I wouldn't hear the end of it here in Polish media and it's quiet.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He stated few times he wants to end his career in the US, so if there’s even a remote chance to sign him for a year, two or three I’d be over the moon. Would easily be one of the top strikers of the league and I think he still has few good years on top level. Don’t think he’d be very interested in joining us, but if this rumor has any legs I say make it happen.
Should we keep looking at the short term though?

Did that with RVP when we could have gone for Lewa.

Did that with Zlatan when we could have gone for others.

All short term!

Champagne Football

His agent linking him to us to get a better deal at PSG. Moussa Dembele is the only striker we will sign if we buy another striker. He fits the profile - the right pace, age and price who has a higher talent ceiling that hasn't been reached yet.

Red Star One

Should we keep looking at the short term though?

Did that with RVP when we could have gone for Lewa.

Did that with Zlatan when we could have gone for others.

All short term!
And both RVP and Zlatan proved to be quite successful transfers. Of course, I’d probablt rather see us signing Jović and see him becoming a successful player here for many years, but as we lack quality now some short term fixes could be useful - and as much as I’ve never been a fanboy of Lewy, he’s a model professional who would put a lot of effort to bring us back to Champions League. Ensuring a return to top4 has to be a priority now, so I’m all in for getting top class striker along with few potential stars for the future.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His agent linking him to us to get a better deal at PSG. Moussa Dembele is the only striker we will sign if we buy another striker. He fits the profile - the right pace, age and price who has a higher talent ceiling that hasn't been reached yet.
Is he really that good? His scoring record isn't very impressive

Art Vandelay

I'd take him in a heartbeart. Not every signing needs to be for 4 or 5 years. He's much better than what we have, is an experience winner, is a model pro and buys time for Greenwood to develop as a striker.

jem

The whole Sanchez saga makes me very wary of this kind of thing.

Judas

Open to offers
I don’t see why we’d go for him and I honestly don’t see why for a second he’d come here at this point of his career for anything but the money. These are the sort of deals we should be staying well away from.

dogwithabone

I'd take him in a heartbeart. Not every signing needs to be for 4 or 5 years. He's much better than what we have, is an experience winner, is a model pro and buys time for Greenwood to develop as a striker.

Would have loved him at his peak, still think he could do a short term job to guide us through choppy waters. He’s a right place at the right time sort of striker, something we glaringly lack.

If we are to go down the route of an ageing striker then Vardy would be my first choice. Age doesn’t yet appear to have caught up with him.

Stevondo8

Is this not the standard "united are in the market, lets use them to get what we want from contract negotiations" thing we've seen in recent years with the likes of Godin, and Ramos, and Griezmann and others as well probably.

Take with a pinch or salt I'd say.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is he really that good? His scoring record isn't very impressive
No he's not. He's only mentioning him as the papers have linked him with us recently :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
A nothing rumour, there's absolutely nothing in Polish press, it doesn't really make sense for him to join us either way (from either perspective in fact), he's always been hard on RM but I don't think they actually want or need him so there's probably whoring him around to get him the best deal possible at Bayern.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hopefully not. We've had enough aged short term fixes. One worked ok, one not at all. These teams are looking to move on from them for a reason. That said, if he was cheap enough (unlikely) it'd mean we can really improve the many other areas that need it and come back to this in a season or so.