Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

If UTD go for him, when are they going learn. Ronny will be here for 1 more season, so a young hungry striker is needed. The main one will not come here, so need to look for another.
Ronaldo might not be here for one more year.

cyberman

If UTD go for him, when are they going learn. Ronny will be here for 1 more season, so a young hungry striker is needed. The main one will not come here, so need to look for another.
He is our only attacker performing?! Sancho is finally coming good but that doesn’t change the fact it’s those around Ronaldo that are a bigger problem this season

macheda14

It's up to him isn't it he has a contract, so in those terms he will. Cavani won't his contract is out. Lewondonski is not the Answer
If he wants out, he’ll get out. I’m not saying lewa is the answer, but to think Ronaldo staying is a certainty is perhaps unrealistic. He has already forced his way out of Real, Juve and perhaps you might remember, United.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He's being strongly linked to Barcelona by tier 1 sources like Toni Juanmarti and that Norwegian dude who always has a hard on for Haaland.

There's nothing wrong in signing an old player or a short term signing as long as the majority of your team are at a good age.

A player like him can be the cherry on top of the cake and can legit win you trophies if you have a good base. Problem is, United's base and core is anything but sorted at the moment.

What's the plan ahead? What manager is coming? Who's leaving? Who's staying? What formation will be used?

If all these questions are sufficiently answered and sorted out in the summer, Robert Lewandowski would be an excellent signing. But building that base first is the real difficulty for United.

A DM, RB, RW are absolutely compulsory. Selling the deadwood and useless squad members also required asap.

Hughie77

If he wants out, he’ll get out. I’m not saying lewa is the answer, but to think Ronaldo staying is a certainty is perhaps unrealistic. He has already forced his way out of Real, Juve and perhaps you might remember, United.
Hes got a contract until end of the season, its up to him if he wants to go, not UTD making him stay , lewandonski is not the Answer, even if Ronny goes. If UTD go for him than is shows another short term goal, to try and win something to appease the Fans again.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Rumors about him leaving Bayern for Barca, according to some polish sports outlet.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Strange choice especially after mauling them so hard, he's a player I've always wanted to see over here but I suppose its understandable not touching us with a pole.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Rumors about him leaving Bayern for Barca, according to some polish sports outlet.
It is the same annual Lewandowski and his agent looking to get attention. This has happened virtually every single Spring for the last decade, the only thing that changes is the team that has supposedly agreed a deal with him. Next year it’ll be Chelsea or City.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
It is the same annual Lewandowski and his agent looking to get attention. This has happened virtually every single Spring for the last decade, the only thing that changes is the team that has supposedly agreed a deal with him. Next year it’ll be Chelsea or City.
It's getting likelier every year though. His contract is only one more year, he is getting older (of course at the moment he's at the absolute top of his powers and better than ever, but age catches up with everyone), and rumors that Bayern can't quite decide on having talks about an extension have been going on for months, and they certainly won't give him a new better paying one.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's getting likelier every year though. His contract is only one more year, he is getting older (of course at the moment he's at the absolute top of his powers and better than ever, but age catches up with everyone), and rumors that Bayern can't quite decide on having talks about an extension have been going on for months, and they certainly won't give him a new better paying one.
Yes, and he will eventually leave at some point - it could even be this year - but I’d still take all the information that you can get from Polish media with a pinch of salt as more likely than not it’s just attention seeking.

Real Name

How come Barcelona suddenly have all this money. Sorry for a noob question but they couldn't pay Messi but now they're going big for Lewandowski.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
If people missed this saga, here's the thing so far:

Apparently Spotify want a superstar to be the face of the new project and are helping with the funds.

From reports, Xavi has specifically asked for his signing.

Laporta is close to Lewandowski's agent, the OG super agent Pini Zahavi.

Tier 1 journalists from Spain, Germany, Poland all reporting this saga right now with little variables here and there ofcourse.

About the contract situation, it expires in 2023. He currently earns approximately 25 million a year. Barca are apparently ready to offer a 3 year or 2+1 deal with annual wages of 35-40 million. Xavi has already called to explain the project and apparently Robert has communicated his desire to the club and Kahn.

Now let's look at the actual players:

Laporta denied other rumours but refused to deny Lewandowski.

Nagelsmann said people at the club love him but things don't always work out the way you want.

Lewandowski has always expressed a desire to play in Spain and England.

Bayern board haven't started any contract negotiations. Apparently Bayern's president said Muller and Neuer will retire at Bayern notably leaving Lewy out.

Other clubs that have contracted Zahavi and are interested are PSG, City, Liverpool and United.

Lewandowski feels disrespected and not valued/loved enough by the Bayern and their board.

There were talks of including Dest in the deal too as a makeweight.

This is what I have gathered from this saga as of now. Apologies for the long post. Just summed it up for those who missed it.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Barca collecting old strikers...

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Seems like pretty much done dealio for Barca. Hopefully opens the Haaland to Bayern door...

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
If people missed this saga, here's the thing so far:

Apparently Spotify want a superstar to be the face of the new project and are helping with the funds.

From reports, Xavi has specifically asked for his signing.

Laporta is close to Lewandowski's agent, the OG super agent Pini Zahavi.

Tier 1 journalists from Spain, Germany, Poland all reporting this saga right now with little variables here and there ofcourse.

About the contract situation, it expires in 2023. He currently earns approximately 25 million a year. Barca are apparently ready to offer a 3 year or 2+1 deal with annual wages of 35-40 million. Xavi has already called to explain the project and apparently Robert has communicated his desire to the club and Kahn.

Now let's look at the actual players:

Laporta denied other rumours but refused to deny Lewandowski.

Nagelsmann said people at the club love him but things don't always work out the way you want.

Lewandowski has always expressed a desire to play in Spain and England.

Bayern board haven't started any contract negotiations. Apparently Bayern's president said Muller and Neuer will retire at Bayern notably leaving Lewy out.

Other clubs that have contracted Zahavi and are interested are PSG, City, Liverpool and United.

Lewandowski feels disrespected and not valued/loved enough by the Bayern and their board.

There were talks of including Dest in the deal too as a makeweight.

This is what I have gathered from this saga as of now. Apologies for the long post. Just summed it up for those who missed it.
Thanks, i have read quite a few rumors about the whole situation, but your summary still has parts i had not heard or forgot in the meantime.

plex

Bayern officials are praising this guy on every occasion. 'Disrespect' in this case simply means that Bayern is not willing to extend the contract of a 33 years old player at any price and Lewandowski is currently the top earner at the club.

cyberman

Barcelona never learns. I’d have thought Xavi would have put a stop to this haphazard and expensive transfer strategy.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Bayern officials are praising this guy on every occasion. 'Disrespect' in this case simply means that Bayern is not willing to extend the contract of a 33 years old player at any price and Lewandowski is currently the top earner at the club.
That, and the subtle chasing of Erling Haaland couldn't help either. But we know how Bayern operates, it's just their MO and nothing really disrespectful. Part of their ability to stay on top is to not make emotional decisions and simply keep the squad fresh, no matter how legendary the player is for them.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Would open the door for Bayern to go after Haaland, which might be the better long term strategy anyway. No matter how good Lewa is currently, he’s approaching his mid 30’s and age catches up with everyone as we have witnessed this season with both Messi & Ronaldo.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I would have loved to see him come to the Prem to see how many goals he would score there given he's been the best goalscorer in the world over the past few years.

Kinda crazy that Barca is willing to give him a better salary than what he gets at Bayern + 3 years contract

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Would open the door for Bayern to go after Haaland, which might be the better long term strategy anyway. No matter how good Lewa is currently, he’s approaching his mid 30’s and age catches up with everyone as we have witnessed this season with both Messi & Ronaldo.
Bayern can't fit Haaland into their wage structure and the fee would reportedly be significantly higher for them.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Bayern can't fit Haaland into their wage structure and the fee would reportedly be significantly higher for them.
Yeah outside of the oil clubs, Haalands supposed wage demands will be difficult for any “normal” club to fit into their structure. Didn’t Mino say something like close to the €1m per week mark? :nervous: could all just be talk, of course. In all likelihood, Mino plus Haaland snr is looking for a massive fee as part of the sales commission, so anyone thinking that he’ll cost €60m (or whatever the release clause is), is probably dreaming. Around double that, I’d think.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Many sources are saying United are interested and have contracted his representatives for a possible move.

Bayern are ready to sell for a fee of 35-40 mil according to reports.

Is he on the decline or past it by now??

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Would love to see him on a 2 tear deal, knowing our luck he'll just get an act injury right after that.

Cassidy

Many sources are saying United are interested and have contracted his representatives for a possible move.

Bayern are ready to sell for a fee of 35-40 mil according to reports.

Is he on the decline or past it by now??
He'll sign for Bayern Barca, we should avoid signing players at the end of their playing careers anyway

RedDevilMachine

I know he is currently the best striker in the world and killing it at 33 but I am not supportive of us buying players in their mid 30s. Haven't we learn our lesson by now? It would be so typical if he ends up coming here and gets injured or lost his form.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He'll sign for Bayern, we should avoid signing players at the end of their playing careers anyway
Right now it doesn't seem so. Kahn and Nagelsmann's extremely doubtful statements on the contract situation and reports everywhere clearly suggest he might leave for real this time around.

Infact, Bayern are announcing the other 2 big contract extensions for Neuer and Muller this week.

Cassidy

Right now it doesn't seem so. Kahn and Nagelsmann's extremely doubtful statements on the contract situation and reports everywhere clearly suggest he might leave for real this time around.

Infact, Bayern are announcing the other 2 big contract extensions for Neuer and Muller this week.
Corrected my post, I meant Barca

croadyman

I know he is currently the best striker in the world and killing it at 33 but I am not supportive of us buying players in their mid 30s. Haven't we learn our lesson by now? It would be so typical if he ends up coming here and gets injured or lost his form.
Know what you mean but much like Ronny he seems to stay fit most of the time

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Know what you mean but much like Ronny he seems to stay fit most of the time
I think we need to aim someone who is more motivated and hungrier to do very well in here, someone with point to prove in path to become great player. I think Ralf also mentioned this in his 4 key aspects what type of players united need to get. Lewandwoski doesn’t meet the profile. He already proved himself that he is world class so he wouldn’t have the same hunger and motivation as some young players or unproven players.

Bwuk

If Ronaldo left, this would be sensible imo.

We wouldn't have a forward in the first team. If Lewandowski wants to drop down levels and help us during the transitional period then it makes sense. We probably pay Cavani not far off what we'd pay Lewandowski anyway.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Great, more interest in an 30+ forward who's won it all looking for one last fat pay day.
United are gullible if they're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.