Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

Why's he so desperate for Barcelona?

I can't remember a striker of his style really thriving at Barcelona. I mean he went up a level at Bayern a few seasons ago once they adopted a more chaotic/direct style of football imo.
More like Barcelona is desperate for him and ready to offer him a handsome contract. His big final contract. Bayern is not carving in, and at his age the sooner he gets this final contract, the better.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He scored 50 goals this season, how come Evra isn't campaigning for him to win the Ballon d'Or this year?
Take this one away and have a think about it.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Why's he so desperate for Barcelona?

I can't remember a striker of his style really thriving at Barcelona. I mean he went up a level at Bayern a few seasons ago once they adopted a more chaotic/direct style of football imo.
He thrived under Pep's tiki taka system easily.

Why won't he thrive under Xavi whose playing style is much more about spamming crosses and much less intricate than Pep's?

Lewandowski can function in any system as the lone striker. He's very complete. When Poland park the bus, he's good on the counter too with minimal to no support.

He probably wants a new challenge. He's always expressed his desire to play in Spain or England. Going by reports, Barca and Xavi are desperate to get him and make him the face of the new project. Xavi's a big fan.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'd love us to put in just one bid and see what he has to say...

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Sell for €40m, get Nkunku, extend Gnabry‘s contract and move Gnabry to CF.
I could live with that.

Rolaholic

Would be quite funny if Madrid decided to bounce back from the Mbappe snub by snatching Lewandowski from Barca's potential hands :lol:

Would fit the bill as a box office tier 1 signing while throwing a wrench in their rivals plans. He's also been linked to them in the past

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Sell for €40m, get Nkunku, extend Gnabry‘s contract and move Gnabry to CF.
I could live with that.
Definitely, I don't understand why clubs these days are willing to let players to for free, or even risk it. If a player is not willing to sign a contract with a year left then put them on the market. No point in letting them go for free and effect your finances.

Whether Nkunku is the answer is another question, I prefer Schick.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Would be quite funny if Madrid decided to bounce back from the Mbappe snub by snatching Lewandowski from Barca's potential hands :lol:

Would fit the bill as a box office tier 1 signing while throwing a wrench in their rivals plans. He's also been linked to them in the past
Not sure how well he’d work with Benzema - who’s arguably in even better form etc. but then again, it is madrid!

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Definitely, I don't understand why clubs these days are willing to let players to for free, or even risk it. If a player is not willing to sign a contract with a year left then put them on the market. No point in letting them go for free and effect your finances.

Whether Nkunku is the answer is another question, I prefer Schick.
I mentioned Nkunku because with him Bayern would have a very fluid front 4 (Sane, Coman, Gnabry, Musiala, Müller, Nkunku) which would allow Gnabry to play more centrally which he is allegedly looking for. And I would love to extend him.

I agree with you on Schick. He is probably the closest Lewy replacement* that is gettable.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
sell Lewa for 40m€, extend Gnabry, sign Dembele for free and go all in on frenkie. :drool:
Dembele > Nkunku for me as well, but I see the former ending up at Barca or Newcastle to be honest.
FDJ is great but I don’t see Bayern spending €60m+ when they already seem to be bringing in Gravenberch.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Dembele > Nkunku for me as well, but I see the former ending up at Barca or Newcastle to be honest.
FDJ is great but I don’t see Bayern spending €60m+ when they already seem to be bringing in Gravenberch.
Dembele might be possible, but its a longshot. Bayern revived a couple of careers and has already a French connection. It would be disappointing, if he ends up signing with Newcastle. FDJ is not going to happen, but one can dream. Not sure that Nkunku is worth the money, but maybe I underrate him.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I read Dembélé wants 43 million Euro. Don't think Bayern will even offer half of it.
The market became crazy.
Player wages going up and up while the rest of the world is facing huge challenges.

And then looking at Haaland blowing the salary of one weeks to buy 14,000 Euro rolex watches for all his team mates and staff members at Dortmund, one can only assume these young multimillionaires living in their own bubble and totally lost touch with the real world.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Zahavi is such a scumbag.
How come there haven't been any bigger shit shows like this in recent years with other players that left us or extended their contracts?

It was and is only the case with the Zahavi clients, first Alaba and now Lewy. Coman also hired Zahavi but fired him after only a few months. At least one player with good manors that doesn't want to go this low.

And regarding Zahavis statements that Barcelona is Lewys "childhood dream club" and that Bayern need to let him leave, Lewys former consultant has the following to say:

Translation: "All your life you want to join Real Madrid only to join Barcelona later? Ok"

I don't blame Lewy if he wants to go.
He did so much for us and won everything there is. If he wants to experience something different, ok, i wish him all the best.

BUT: What he and Zahavi are doing right now is nothing short of disrespectful to the club that paid you so much all these years and that gave you the possibility to win trophies on club and personal level.
And theres also other stuff around, like his team mate from the polish NM posing with Lewandowski shirts in the Camp Nou and Lewys wife mentioning on social media that she already started to learn spanish.
And for these kind of actions i blame Lewy. I thought he is better than that...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
How come there haven't been any bigger shit shows like this in recent years with other players that left us or extended their contracts?

It was and is only the case with the Zahavi clients, first Alaba and now Lewy. Coman also hired Zahavi but fired him after only a few months. At least one player with good manors that doesn't want to go this low.

And regarding Zahavis statements that Barcelona is Lewys "childhood dream club" and that Bayern need to let him leave, Lewys former consultant has the following to say:

Translation: "All your life you want to join Real Madrid only to join Barcelona later? Ok"

He did so much for us and won everything there is. If he wants to experience something different, ok, i wish him all the best.

BUT: What he and Zahavi are doing right now is nothing short of disrespectful to the club that paid you so much all these years and that gave you the possibility to win trophies on club and personal level.
And theres also other stuff around, like his team mate from the polish NM posing with Lewandowski shirts in the Camp Nou and Lewys wife mentioning on social media that she already started to learn spanish.
How can you be surprised, his previous agent wasn't any better. While at Dortmund Lewandowski told the press "I'm playing for the Champions, what do I want at Bayern?" while he was probably already working on his pre contract with them. He's always been a mercenary with no loyalty and mouthy agents, but full effort on the pitch.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

Hasn't Lewandowski always seen himself as bigger than whatever club he has played for and whatever teammates he has played with? He has thrown his teammates under the bus on numerous occasions and picked several fights. He punched Coman a while back in training.

He's a narcissist and a bit self absorbed and he has hired Zahavi because he's the perfect agent for him. People talked about Raiola but Zahavi was the OG. Bayern bosses called him a "greedy piranha" a few years back. :lol:

I really don't think Lewandowski cares much about Bayern. He wants to enhance his own legacy by playing in Spain. But what can't be denied is that he's arguably the most professional player on the planet.

Anderson_7_

"Of course they can keep Robert for another year, to be fair he has a contract until 2023, but I wouldn't recommend that. For Robert Lewandowski, Bayern is history."
This is a declaration of war. :lol::lol::lol:

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
https://mobile.twitter.com/lewy_official

He just updated his Twitter bio and removed the "Bayern player" bit.

What a way to destroy your whole legacy at a club in a matter of a few weeks.

I'm more and more convinced that this whole escalation is an orchestrated sequence of actions including Zahavi, his wife and her social media statements and even team mates from the polish NM.

He could've left as a club legend on the level of Kahn, Lahm or Ribery, but he chose to leave by "blackmailing" the club.

Disgusting.

Rolaholic

I mean Lewa is absolutely a club legend :lol:

He had the greatest season anyone's ever had in German football and he's up there in the scoring charts all time while winning absolutely everything.

Potentially leaving on a sour note does not change anything he's already achieved nor his legacy at the club IMO.

Zen

I'm more and more convinced that this whole escalation is an orchestrated sequence of actions including Zahavi, his wife and her social media statements and even team mates from the polish NM.

He could've left as a club legend on the level of Kahn, Lahm or Ribery, but he chose to leave by "blackmailing" the club.

Disgusting.
This is how Barca gets players now, Auba all over again. Next it'll be a mid-season tattoo trip to Barcelona, contract terminated.....

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why does it get so nasty with bayern at times.

Anyway he'll always be a legend for them i think, has to be , after all he did absolutely blow the league and to a degree Europe with them.

Bwuk

Lewandowski to Barca, De Jong to United and Martial to Bayern.

Make it happen.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
If he wants to go he should be allowed to go. What am I missing?
Look at all the comments by his agent Zahavi. He blames Bayerns people in charge and accuses them of lying.

He creates a giant shit show with statements like "Bayern did not only lose the player Lewandowski but also the human Robert".

Lewys wife is more and more blatant in social media and already stated several times that she is already learning Spanish.

And now he removed Bayern from his Twitter bio to make a statement or some bullshit I don't know.

He still has one year of contract left. Contracts aren't a one way ticket. If he injured himself badly or didn't play well anymore the club still would have to respect the contract.

And so do players. Lewy is forcing his way out of the club and I didn't expect that because he also didn't do it at Dortmund when he wanted to leave to us one year earlier.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why does it get so nasty with bayern at times.

Anyway he'll always be a legend for them i think, has to be , after all he did absolutely blow the league and to a degree Europe with them.
It only did get really nasty in the last year with Alaba, another Zahavi client.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

Disgusting.
Doesn't matter much for his legacy at all. Some fans will be mad at at him but he has already written history in the German league and has monstrous individual achievements there. Plus he has enough of his own fans globally.

I know many Football fans who want him to play in Spain. If he succeeds it'll be amazing for his legacy.

Most Bayern fans consider Brazzo a clown anyways and he'll also take a lot of the blame.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I mean Lewa is absolutely a club legend :lol:

He had the greatest season anyone's ever had in German football and he's up there in the scoring charts all time while winning absolutely everything.

Potentially leaving on a sour note does not change anything he's already achieved nor his legacy at the club IMO.
I'll disagree on that.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
And so do players. Lewy is forcing his way out of the club and I didn't expect that because he also didn't do it at Dortmund when he wanted to leave to us one year earlier.
He’s 34 years old. He’s been at your club for god knows how long leading you to title after title and CLs and he wants to experience something else as his career is drawing to a close. You got him for a free. The only stupid thing about all this is he has to force himself out. You should be letting him go provided Barca pay good money - instead you appear to be refusing to even negotiate.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Look at all the comments by his agent Zahavi. He blames Bayerns people in charge and accuses them of lying.

He creates a giant shit show with statements like "Bayern did not only lose the player Lewandowski but also the human Robert".

Lewys wife is more and more blatant in social media and already stated several times that she is already learning Spanish.

And now he removed Bayern from his Twitter bio to make a statement or some bullshit I don't know.

He still has one year of contract left. Contracts aren't a one way ticket. If he injured himself badly or didn't play well anymore the club still would have to respect the contract.

And what about your board's arrogant statements on Lewandowski and his agent?

You expect them to stay silent and listen to this patronizing crap spouted by Bayern bosses.

Respect Lewandowski even more for standing up to these over entitled bunch. Your board members need a guy like Lewandowski to give them a reality check and humble them. Love his approach here.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Doesn't matter much for his legacy at all. Some fans will be mad at at him but he has already written history in the German league and has monstrous individual achievements there. Plus he has enough of his own fans globally.

I know many Football fans who want him to play in Spain. If he succeeds it'll be amazing for his legacy.

Most Bayern fans consider Brazzo a clown anyways and he'll also take a lot of the blame.
Maybe not for his global legacy but it will certainly hurt his legacy at Bayern.

Nobody would've been mad at him if he just said "I won everything I could, I want to experience something different and another country for the last 2 or 3 years of my career".

But what he is doing right now will always come up when people talk about him in 5 or 10 years I think.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
He’s 34 years old. He’s been at your club for god knows how long leading you to title after title and CLs and he wants to experience something else as his career is drawing to a close. You got him for a free. The only stupid thing about all this is he has to force himself out. You should be letting him go provided Barca pay good money - instead you appear to be refusing to even negotiate.
Bayern are obviously looking for a replacement already and won't let him go before that. That's good business and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.