Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The Lewandowski case is a perfect example of very poor communication between the club and the players camp.

Assuming it was Lewandowski long-term plan to play his last years as a professional in la Liga. Why didn't he clearly communicate with the Bayern board about his plan? Giving them enough time to find a replacement. Instead Lewandowski's side, especially his agent, goes public saying Lewandowski wanted to extend his contract last year but Bayern didn't follow up on that offer. I also blame Bayern, if these statements are true, not to extend the contract of the world footballer of the year despite them continuously saying how much the value Lewandowski and want him to stay.
One side is clearly lying here.

Of course it might also be that both sides set together, talked openly and didn't come to a deal and the whole drama now is orchestrated but the side who didn't get what they wanted.
I wouldn't say anyone is Saint in all this. Club always use media to throw shit at players and agents. Players and his agents also does the same, everyone does what they think is best for them.

As club fans we usually back the club but clubs are usually run by corporate suits.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would he be a possibility for Liverpool? They are about to lose both of Mane and Salah.
Unless your definition of "about to" is next few years, surely there's zero chance chance lose both this summer? and most likely neither?

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I wouldn't say anyone is Saint in all this. Club always use media to throw shit at players and agents. Players and his agents also does the same, everyone does what they think is best for them.

As club fans we usually back the club but clubs are usually run by corporate suits.
Exactly! Considering the success both parts, the club and Lewandowski, had working together it's just disappointing they couldn't work it out amicably.

An example how such a situation is done in a good way is Thiago's move to Liverpool.

Yeah we fans tend to side with the club. With Zahavi being involved in this saga, it's not surprising most fans side with club. Zahavi isn't only spouting information from confidential talks but it's also clearly lying.

A few examples.
Lewandowski wanted to extend and is disappointed the club didn't respond to his offer to extend.
Barcelona is Lewandowski longtime dream move and he always wanted to play for them.
Despite Lewandowski always wanted a move to Real Madrid before.
Zahavi accusing Bayern of lack of respect for talking to Haaland while he is negotiating a deal with Barcelona the same time.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Meanwhile Lewy chilling with Mbappe at the Cannes event.

You can almost guarantee the topic of discussion was La Liga, Real and Barca. :lol:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
He got 1 more year left. He can't suddenly just decide that he want to play somewhere else. Or he can. But he is still under contract and it is up to club to do what they want.

Not teach him a lesson. Teach everyone. Or rather say, you signed this contract and that is not our fault.
The prestigious lawyer specialized in sports law Juan de Dios Crespo provided a new possible way out of the Lewandowski case.

The footballer has one more year of contract with Bayern Munich but wants to leave this summer and wants to go to Barça. The German team is, for the moment, closed to the option of letting him go but Crespo brings a new option.

"There is a FIFA regulation that allows a player to leave a club. Within 15 days of the end of the season, he has to send a letter to Bayern. FIFA would demand an amount according to age, salary, contract... I estimate that the price would not be more than 10 million euros".

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
"There is a FIFA regulation that allows a player to leave a club. Within 15 days of the end of the season, he has to send a letter to Bayern. FIFA would demand an amount according to age, salary, contract... I estimate that the price would not be more than 10 million euros".
This very clearly exists since it has been triggered all the time over the last years. Oh, wait…

roonster09

Scout
The prestigious lawyer specialized in sports law Juan de Dios Crespo provided a new possible way out of the Lewandowski case.

The footballer has one more year of contract with Bayern Munich but wants to leave this summer and wants to go to Barça. The German team is, for the moment, closed to the option of letting him go but Crespo brings a new option.

This very clearly exists since it has been triggered all the time over the last years. Oh, wait…
I think it's Webster rule, no club triggers that as it just opens can of worms.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
That rule exists, another thing is that players do not want to activate it. And that comment was because someone said to punish him for a year in the stands.

If Bayern threaten him with that Lewandowski can avail himself of that rule.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think it's Webster rule, no club triggers that as it just opens can of worms.
It's not clubs that trigger it but player, they are the ones buying their contract out.

roonster09

Scout
It's not usual, so I wouldn't make any point about what players usually do. I have no actual example of it being used.
Because it's a rule that was never exploited, players don't buy out their contract randomly, they do when they want to join some club. Like you said no example to think of, that's what I said in my first post.

90 + 5min

I didn't know such a rule existed. Thank you for that information. Always great to learn something new.

With that rule any contracts are actually 1 year contracts. If that rule is activated. Am I right? if people were to start using it we are takling about whole different market in football. Chaos were players come and go how they want. Or do you mean that this rules only applies to contract that are expiring?

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Lewandowski goes public and says that the Lewandowski era at Bayern is over. Surely now something will happen...?

FC Hollywood always has the drama. Love it. This is a full blown public transfer saga full of conflicts.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The transfer merry go round is just starting to whirl :drool:

Barca, need funds to sign Lewy? :D

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Are their polish speaking people on here?

On Twitter people are arguing wether Lewy said "Bayern is a serious club" or "Bayern is NOT a serious club"

Bwuk

Mane to Bayern
Lewandowski to Barca
Frenkie to United

Matter of time boys... matter of time.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

On Twitter people are arguing wether Lewy said "Bayern is a serious club" or "Bayern is NOT a serious club"
It wouldn't make much sense for him to call them "not serious", would it?
In any case it's interesting he's doing this himself this time around. When he left Dortmund he kept his head down and let his agents do the talking in the press.

choccy77

Here we go, the big saga is about to start.

Kane Liverpool rumours

Lewandoski to Madrid

Mane to Munich

Jesse to.....wtf cares

matys

He said that he hopes Bayern won't keep him just because they can. Nothing about them being or not being a serious club. Unless there's clip video where he said that.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It wouldn't make much sense for him to call them "not serious", would it?
In any case it's interesting he's doing this himself this time around. When he left Dortmund he kept his head down and let his agents do the talking in the press.
As bad as it has been handled this time, it's still miles better than the circus that happened back in 2013 where his agent was literally on our public TV after every Dortmund game belittling the club, saying how Lewandowski is so far beyond what they deserve and that he has outgrown the club so massively that he must leave immediately (only the team he was supposed to leave to was changing). I mean he was at Dortmund, a club that is heavily followed in Germany and outside of it, that sells out huge stadium every game and is easily among top 20 clubs in Europe. And some of that nonsense was actually immediately after he scored 4 against Madrid and they made it to CL final.

I do expect his camp to say a lot of bad things about Bayern in the upcoming weeks though. The only thing he cares about is his team. I mean, his wife was suing people who dared to criticize her over body shaming incident, and they have a massive PR team that threaten everyone with defamation suits for any slight dig at them. Won't be surprised if they sue the hell out of me for this post if they can find it.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
He said that he hopes Bayern won't keep him just because they can. Nothing about them being or not being a serious club. Unless there's clip video where he said that.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I remember when Dembele acted up to force his move to Barcelona Hoeneß said he would have fined him with at least €100k per day for every training session he missed and that no one ever took the mickey out of Bayern and that they could turn down €100m.

Can't wait to see their firm stance now.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I remember when Dembele acted up to force his move to Barcelona Hoeneß said he would have fined him with at least €100k per day for every training session he missed and that no one ever took the mickey out of Bayern and that they could turn down €100m.

Can't wait to see their firm stance now.
You know Hoeneß isn't in charge anymore and Lewandowski doesn't boycott any training sessions right now, right?

Dortmund fans...never missing an opportunity to shit on Bayern, no matter how far-fetched it may be...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You know Hoeneß isn't in charge anymore and Lewandowski doesn't boycott any training sessions right now, right?

Dortmund fans...never missing an opportunity to shit on Bayern, no matter how far-fetched it may be...
Isn't he still a board member? I know he's not part of the management anymore, but he still seems quite talkative in the media, so I'm looking forward to his hard line stance.

How far Lewandowski will want or have to escalate remains to be seen of course. But him more or less verbally ripping up his contract reminded me of those particular Hoeneß statements.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Turned ugly.
This should have been an amicable exit. He has one year left.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
As bad as it has been handled this time, it's still miles better than the circus that happened back in 2013 where his agent was literally on our public TV after every Dortmund game belittling the club, saying how Lewandowski is so far beyond what they deserve and that he has outgrown the club so massively that he must leave immediately (only the team he was supposed to leave to was changing). I mean he was at Dortmund, a club that is heavily followed in Germany and outside of it, that sells out huge stadium every game and is easily among top 20 clubs in Europe. And some of that nonsense was actually immediately after he scored 4 against Madrid and they made it to CL final.

I do expect his camp to say a lot of bad things about Bayern in the upcoming weeks though. The only thing he cares about is his team. I mean, his wife was suing people who dared to criticize her over body shaming incident, and they have a massive PR team that threaten everyone with defamation suits for any slight dig at them. Won't be surprised if they sue the hell out of me for this post if they can find it.
He changed agents though, didn't he? I remember during his time at Dortmund, his agents had a very bad reputation., weren't all that professional and moreover he was by far their biggest client. Just googled it quickly, his two agents until 2018 were Kurcharski and Barthel. Apparently Kucharski is currently facing a law suit because he threatened to publish sensitive documents about Lewandowski and Barthel's biggest client right now is Kevin Schade. Zahavi is much more established and works with many very successful players like Alaba, Nkunku, etc.

Personally, I think it doesn't shed the best light on Bayern that they refuse to let him leave. Lewandowski is 33 and if he wants to prove himself in La Liga, this year might very well be his last chance. I don't think you should treat a club legend like that.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
It's Bayern's own fault. They had to swing the hammer with their "he stays, over and out" statement. Of course he reacts to that. The wiser move would have been silence and to talk to him in private. That's what hoeneß and rummenigge would have done but Kahn and Brazzo are amateurs.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
It's Bayern's own fault. They had to swing the hammer with their "he stays, over and out" statement. Of course he reacts to that. The wiser move would have been silence and to talk to him in private. That's what hoeneß and rummenigge would have done but Kahn and Brazzo are amateurs.
:lol: Hoeneß was really known for his silence.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
:lol: Hoeneß was really known for his silence.
I'm not talking about silence in general, but as in handling superstars. Remember Ribery? He wanted badly to go to Real Madrid until Hoeneß invited him to his home a few times and persuaded him, that he had everything in munich. You can say what you will about those two, but they had the charisma, finesse and the experience to handle superstars. Kahn and brazzo on the other hand...

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Honest question: Do you think it's just a coincidence that many players (Coutinho, Dembele, now Lewy) rely on such behavior before joining you? Or is your management telling these players to force their way out?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Well, that turned out to be quite a mess for Salihamidzic to sort out now.

The cleanest way to solve this would be to secure an adequate replacement and let Lewandowski go and until recently that could have been sold as an amicable parting.

By opening his mouth and basically publically pushing for an exit the Pole put Bayern in a position that they would appear to cave to a players demands by selling him now, which is something Bayern has always tried to prevent at any costs.

I do not seeing him keeping a hold onto him either, though, as he simply costs too much salary to make an example out of him. Paying him more money to keep his mouth shut and performing well like Dortmund did in 2013 is also not really a viable option either as he is already the undisputed top earner and paying him more would certainly ruffle feathers of other top players. Back then all the noise came from his agents aswell and Dortmund simply used to ridicule them which was made easy by Kucharskis antics.

choccy77

Honest question: Do you think it's just a coincidence that many players (Coutinho, Dembele, now Lewy) rely on such behavior before joining you? Or is your management telling these players to force their way out?
I reckon a lot of clubs have agreed to let players go, but the condition is, it has to be seen as the player forcing a move, rather than the club publically admitting they want to let them go for a fee etc.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I'm not talking about silence in general, but as in handling superstars. Remember Ribery? He wanted badly to go to Real Madrid until Hoeneß invited him to his home a few times and persuaded him, that he had everything in munich. You can say what you will about those two, but they had the charisma, finesse and the experience to handle superstars. Kahn and brazzo on the other hand...
Hoeneß categorically rejected any offer for Ribery and told him that Bayern won't sell him under any circumstances in 09. He even risked going into the last year of his contract without extension if I remember correctly. Its true that he also pampered Ribery but the situation with a young but also very controversial and a 34 year old Lewa is a bit different. In general Hoeneß made so many nasty comments about players that wanted to leave, that its hard to keep track. For all his personal qualities, he was never able to keep quiet and commentated about everyone and everything.

I don't really see the big deal. Brazzo's "we won't sell" comments mean very little so early in the summer, but Bayern is playing hardball at the moment. Either he stays or Bayern get a decent fee. Both things are fine. I also don't mind Lewandowski increasing the pressure. Its also fairly common. If Mane joins Bayern, we'll see some movement, unless Barca can't afford to pay a reasonable fee.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
of course it looks bad, but I dont believe barca encourages the players to such behaviour. Every player is an individual and has his own goals.

Dembele always wanted to go to barca, even before he joined Dortmund. Tuchel confirmed it. When barca called, he behaved like a child who wanted his favourite toy and cried as loud as he could so his parents (Dortmund) would buy him the toy (let him leave for barcelona) and let's face it. In his head, Ous still isn't really an adult. Also it was late in the summer and things had to go fast, since Neymar lied the whole summer to get his loyalty bonus. So Dembele cried a little bit louder as the transfer window was slowly closing.

Coutinho is a south american and those players traditionally like LaLiga, as it's much closer to their culture than england. Also he would have come as a star signing to barca (still world class at that time) with a huge salary and dont underestimate the will to play with Messi back in the day. And as I remember, Klopp even cofirmed that Cou had back pain.

Lewy is 34 years old and if he wants to see something other than the bundesliga, he needs to force his exit this year. I can't imagine, big clubs would go for a 35 year old striker and offer him a 3 year deal with 20m+ a year.

But people can believe what they want of course. I don't sit in Laportas office. Maybe he encourages them, maybe Bartomeu did, maybe it was like I described. We will never know.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern had to make this statement to get at least a reasonable transfer fee from Barcelona. Otherwise they would just low ball Bayern as they do now.

I rather see the fault with the Lewandowski side. They should have communicated with Bayern internally instead of going public. Most likely there could have come to an agreement once Bayern got a replacement or another world class player.

Now is looks like a power struggle between player and club and the whole world watches. Hard to see how all parties get out of this mess without losing face. It turns more and more into a lose-lose situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.