Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Barcelona has quite a few young, very young players. Lewandowski is a great opportunity, he is in good physical condition and can give 2-3 good years.
In addition, the price, due to his age and last year of contract, is not high. For me it is a very easy decision to sign him.
Barcelona is currently trying to secure multiple deals to sell-off future earnings and assets to consolidate their finances. You struggle to register your players without new money coming in. I am not sure if its particularly sensible to spend big on players, who have no resell value.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't people bring up the poor record of Suarez in the CL often??

Ronaldo isn't really classed as a striker other than his last 2 years.

Benzema didn't play for the National Team for many years.

So yeah one of the only since that's not a lot of names from recent times.
Suarez record in CL is good, last couple of seasons it wasn't and he wasn't the same player by then.

Benzema is still proven player for NT, even though he didn't play for many years for off the field issues.

Then there is Haaland who has scored in every competition and league he played in.

He is one of only if you want to ignore every CF who did it.

Jibbs

Imagine if we can sign this guy. Lewa and Ronaldo up top.

Dan_F

Barcelona has quite a few young, very young players. Lewandowski is a great opportunity, he is in good physical condition and can give 2-3 good years.
In addition, the price, due to his age and last year of contract, is not high. For me it is a very easy decision to sign him.
It’s not a free transfer. Bayern are looking for up to £25 million. Anywhere up to half a Frenkie De Jong for a 34 year old, after already signing an old striker last season. Then again, maybe he’ll pay for free since everyone is desperate to sacrifice themselves to play for Barca.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona is currently trying to secure multiple deals to sell-off future earnings and assets to consolidate their finances. You struggle to register your players without new money coming in. I am not sure if its particularly sensible to spend big on players, who have no resell value.
A young, forward and quality player costs you €80M+ and you do not know if he will adapt well or not and how he will perform.
It's a very big risk. Lewandowski is a great market opportunity.

Barcelona are already putting their finances in place. 2 years ago Barcelona had a wage bill (wages + amortization) of €690M, this year it is 470M.

It’s not a free transfer. Bayern are looking for up to £25 million. Anywhere up to half a Frenkie De Jong for a 34 year old, after already signing an old striker last season. Then again, maybe he’ll pay for free since everyone is desperate to sacrifice themselves to play for Barca.
In my opinion it is not an excessive price for a player of the quality of Lewandowski. In addition Barcelona is signing players who end up free like Kessie and Christensen, and maybe Azpilicueta and M. Alonso for little money and already signed P. Torre for €5M.

It's not like Barcelona are throwing money away.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern want at least 40 million, if not 50 million. Lewandowski is 33 year old but the current world footballer and guarantees 40 to 50 goals a season.

Dan_F

In my opinion it is not an excessive price for a player of the quality of Lewandowski. In addition Barcelona is signing players who end up free like Kessie and Christensen, and maybe Azpilicueta and M. Alonso for little money and already signed P. Torre for €5M.

It's not like Barcelona are throwing money away.
We’ll see what the fee and wages end up costing if he makes the move. I’d understand if it was a free transfer, but they’re essentially signing players that will be too old in a couple of years and need replacing. It doesn’t make sense for a team not challenging for trophies trying to rebuild.

Its a risky strategy selling the likes of De Jong to bring in older players. Lewandowski, Alonso, Azpi will all have no re sale value. I’m not convinced Kessie and Christensen are the quality needed to challenge for La Liga or Champions Leagues.

LuckyScout78

If Lukaku goes back to Inter. Then i think Chelsea and Tuchel shall go for this guy. Chelsea and London.

Havertz can play as a CF. But not a natural CF for my taste.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
€12M gross and no signing bonus. A player with a market value of €50M, to me of course it seems a great success.
He is coming on a free and doesn’t get a signing bonus? Please don’t believe that (or his agent should get shot).

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
He is coming on a free and doesn’t get a signing bonus? Please don’t believe that (or his agent should get shot).
I read, the signing bonus is included in the salary, so it is distributed equally throughout the years he signed.

Barcelona cannot pay a signing bonus for financial fair play, I think that at this point was already very clear.

roonster09

Scout
Everyone takes paycut and plays on lower wages but the total wages are always insane.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Seems like Bayern don't want to back down

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Apparently there is a fifa rule where it allows him to leave by paying a paltry amount.
I hope to God he doesn't invoke it as it opens hell's floodgates.

Imagine the shitshow where you could lose every over the 30 player without having a say.

roonster09

Scout
Seems like Bayern don't want to back down

What does he mean by this" Where are we heading if a player can end his contract while we as a club have to pay him until the last day? That's unfair. "

That's how transfer market works?

Varun

Staff
What does he mean by this" Where are we heading if a player can end his contract while we as a club have to pay him until the last day? That's unfair. "

Can't be about him running down his contract because hes saying the player "ends" his contract while the club still pays him. Maybe he's asking for a move but with bayern paying the differential wages for the last year?

roonster09

Scout
Can't be about him running down his contract because hes saying the player "ends" his contract while the club still pays him. Maybe he's asking for a move but with bayern paying the differential wages for the last year?
Yeah maybe, i thought Barca were giving him huge contract.

mohr

I think he meant that when player want to move they just force a transfer request and give no benefit to the clubs. While if a club wants to end player's contract early they have to give compensations according to the remaining contract?

choccy77

United need a world class goal scorer, but its pointless having one, if we have no one of near equal quality to supply him the ball.

Great signing, if we had a decent squad to build on.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
United's own geriatric front two
to be fair, I recall people saying that about Zlatan... and Cavani was easily good enough in his first season.

I'd sign this guy if he accepted just a two-year deal while we look for a younger replacement. Who knows who the world cup will throw up in November...

Bestie07

I think he meant that when player want to move they just force a transfer request and give no benefit to the clubs. While if a club wants to end player's contract early they have to give compensations according to the remaining contract?
He should keep his trap shut, the current system is already heavily favoured towards the clubs. For a club to get rid of a player, they just need to pay off the remainder of his contract. For a player to get a transfer while still under contract with a club, he sometimes needs to find another club willing to pay many multiples of the remainder amount of the contract.

redcucumber

to be fair, I recall people saying that about Zlatan... and Cavani was easily good enough in his first season.

I'd sign this guy if he accepted just a two-year deal while we look for a younger replacement. Who knows who the world cup will throw up in November...
Really? We can't keep kicking the can down the road and letting aged stars come here for their last big payday. It isn't a sustainable way to squad build and we've done it far too much in recent years. Up front alone we've had Falcao, Ibrahimović, Cavani, and now Ronaldo. That's 4 old megastars on major money in the space of 8 or so seasons. It works if you've got a squad that is ready to challenge for honours that needs an accomplished cherry on top, like City or Fergie's United, but we obviously don't. We are starting from scratch and building something for the long-term, so our recruitment should reflect that. No more short-term stopgaps.

copen1945

With noises and turmoils at Bayern Munich, Liverpool, PSG and Chelsea, Real Madrid and Man City look good for CL next season. Pep, hopefully, will see to Man City's chances.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
They got him for free, he's spent 8 years of his best years there as one of their best players almost every season. But yeh, 1 year left, and they're bitching about him wanting to leave at the age of 33. Very classy Club.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How can a player be so thick that he talks about loyalty and respect while disrespecting the club he's contracted to for another year?
Yeah its thick to speak about being disrespected by the club

Status
Not open for further replies.