Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

https://www.skysports.com/share/12384977

Apparently wants to leave Bayern who value him at £100 million, Guardiola is a known fan. No links to us but I’m sure he will be at some point, makes sense Bayern declaring an interest in Haaland the other week although I don’t see Haaland going to another German team as he’ll want a new league.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Its Sky Sports, who are about as reliable as the Sun.

Literally no other news outlet is reporting this.

romufc

Cant see him leaving Bayern. High wages, 2 year contract left and Bayern want £100m

He might be doing it for a new deal after seeing it work with Kimmich

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Isn't he already their highest earner? Can't see Bayern giving him too much more money, and with 2 years still to go, and at the age of 33 -- the bargaining power on his side isn't the strongest...

romufc

Ronaldo went to Juventus for around the same at a year older and a similar scoring record, Lewandowski is widely regarded as the best striker in the world.
Ronaldo has 329m followers on instagram and Lewandowski has 20.8m.

Whatever the age is, Ronaldo is going to bring alot of commercial value.

Lewandowski is regarded as the best striker but Ronaldo is regarded as one of the best ever to play the game.

davidmichael

Ronaldo has 329m followers on instagram and Lewandowski has 20.8m.

Whatever the age is, Ronaldo is going to bring alot of commercial value.

Lewandowski is regarded as the best striker but Ronaldo is regarded as one of the best ever to play the game.
Ronaldo would bring in much more commercially.
I’m not saying Lewandowski is rightly valued at that amount BUT Ronaldo set a rough guideline, I’d imagine Bayern would take £75-£80 million if offered it and if Levy is insistent on Kane’s value I could see City going in for Lewandowski instead.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's more likely to replace Benzema at Madrid. He's always had a soft spot for them, seems to do this every summer in hope they'll take the bait.

Mr Smith

For his age. £100m. Okay
It's not that ridiculous honestly. Ronaldo went for about that to Juventus at around the same age, and Lewandowski has been posting similar numbers for the last 2-3 years. The trend recently has been that strikers continue to play well, and in some cases even get better, well into their thirties. Ronaldo, Benzema, Cavani, Zlatan, and plenty others have all shown that they can stay at a high level well into their thirties. I could definitely see a club in England paying that money.

The question really is where does he want to go? He must have a destination in mind if this has come out. Is moving to City for instance really a challenge?

Red Star One

If he moves to city we’re fecked. You really got me worried now as this move makes sense for him - he’s already the biggest legend of Bundesliga, to grab few premier league titles and perhaps CL with another team would elevate him to a global status with a career not many players ever had

Matthew84!

Man City are the only ones, they've got a 100m to spend and they will probably send Silva and Jesus and anyone who wants out the other way.
Him or Kane.
Bayern then will go buy Haaland.

Last edited:

OleBoiii

Bayern are smart when it comes to these things.

They know that they probably will win the league even without Lewa. They won the CL very recently and only Real have been more successful in Europe in the last 10 years, so they shouldn't feel too much pressure there. They are probably approaching the stage for a new rebuild also, so they could use some money for that. Not to mention "fixing" their wage structure.

Selling a 33 year old to a team outside of your own league for a large amount of money is a wise choice. Especially when you already dominate the league you're in.

Also, they can rebuild by picking up their rivals' best players, thus hitting two birds with one stone.

D. Mungai

Ronaldo went to Juventus for around the same at a year older and a similar scoring record, Lewandowski is widely regarded as the best striker in the world.
You compare Ronaldo to Lewa?
In any aspect?

Also, was ronaldo transfer to Juventus, a success to Juventus by their own estimation as of now? I don't think so.

We all agree Madrid got a better stick on the deal. Juventus even have had their worst season in over a decade with Ronaldo in Turin.
So Ronaldo going for £100m shouldn't be a yardstick of "good business"

Last edited:

davidmichael

You compare Ronaldo to Lewa?
In any aspect?

Also, was ronaldo transfer to Juventus, a success to Juventus by their own estimation as of now? I don't think so.

We all agree Madrid got a better stick on the deal. Juventus even have had their worst season in over a decade with Ronaldo in Turin.
So Ronaldo going for £100m shouldn't be a yardstick of "good business"
Giving an example doesn’t mean I compare the two in terms of anything other than age and fee so it can and has happened, as I said in a previous post I don’t think Lewandowski is worth £100 million at this stage of his career BUT it can and has happened.

Oranges038

100m for a stop gap 32 year old and 300k a week on top if that.

Don't buy players off Bayern, they are usually ready for the sçrapheap.

Cavani is the stop gap.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Never saw this coming. Maybe Bayern would go for Haaland then? Top players for top clubs, guarantee success for both.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It's not that ridiculous honestly. Ronaldo went for about that to Juventus at around the same age, and Lewandowski has been posting similar numbers for the last 2-3 years. The trend recently has been that strikers continue to play well, and in some cases even get better, well into their thirties. Ronaldo, Benzema, Cavani, Zlatan, and plenty others have all shown that they can stay at a high level well into their thirties. I could definitely see a club in England paying that money.

The question really is where does he want to go? He must have a destination in mind if this has come out. Is moving to City for instance really a challenge?
Supply and demand. Only Man United, City, Chelsea and PSG have the spending power at the moment. If they are not interested in his service, he is going no where. No other clubs can afford his salary let alone the mentioned transfer fee. Real Madrid is making room for Mbappe and also try to replace their aging players as well.

bosskeano

Brilliant striker but at 33 no fking way anyone will put up 100m for him especially when next summer you can get Haaland for 75m who's 12 years younger

croadyman

Brilliant striker but at 33 no fking way anyone will put up 100m for him especially when next summer you can get Haaland for 75m who's 12 years younger
Yeah absolute goal machine proven at the top level but that figure is far too eye watering unless you are bankrolled by oil

AmanNits04

Lewa going back to Dortmund and Haaland going to bayern, can see that happening.
Probably next year, not this.

Gordon S

He scored like 50 goals last season all comps and seems to be in the same category as Ronaldo and Zlatan in terms of fitness. If City can`t get Kane then Lewa would be a good option for them even at that price.

Andrew7582

Lewa going back to Dortmund and Haaland going to bayern, can see that happening.
Probably next year, not this.
Why would he go back to Dortmund, there would be much bigger fish after him next year. If Haaland goes to Bayern I think United would definitely try to get Lewa.

Scottynaldinho

Rumors that we might make a move for him before the window closes.

It would make us favourites not only for the league but for CL as well.

AttackAttackAttack

Rumors that we might make a move for him before the window closes.

It would make us favourites not only for the league but for CL as well.
What rumors? I don’t see us going for him when we want to try and get Haaland next year. Getting Lewandowski at that price would rule us out of the Haaland race.

Lyng

He scored like 50 goals last season all comps and seems to be in the same category as Ronaldo and Zlatan in terms of fitness. If City can`t get Kane then Lewa would be a good option for them even at that price.
Honestly a City side with Lewa next season would scare me more than the equivalent with Kane

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m not saying Lewandowski is rightly valued at that amount BUT Ronaldo set a rough guideline, I’d imagine Bayern would take £75-£80 million if offered it and if Levy is insistent on Kane’s value I could see City going in for Lewandowski instead.
That was before the pandemic. No way juventus would do the same deal now, no way anyone is paying a huge amount for a 33 year old that they have no chance of getting money back on.

LuckyScout78

I scouted him when he was at Lech Poznan and recommended on United main site and fans forum there.
Have never seen a sharper sniper in my life. A killer instinct and determination out of this world. Like he was just meant and born to be a sniper and goal machine.

Thank for everything so far. A living football legend.

Trezeguet17

Haaland to Bayern next year
I can't see Haaland staying in Germany. The Bundesliga is getting weaker every year.
I think Haaland is someone who is not only playing for titles but also individual honors.
Going to Bayern and staying in the Bundesliga it will be hard for him to be considered the world's best player or even win a Balon d'or. Lewandowski just broke an ancient record from Gerd Müller and scored 41 goals in 29 matches in the Bundesliga and isn't even in the top 3 for UEFA player of the year.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Some links going around and for a good reason as his only other realistic option besides bayern is coming over here as basically every other team worth his services is already sorted out or don't employ his kind ( real has karim and is aiming for embappe etc etc).

To be honest I would love to have him over here but its much more likely that he stays at Munich though there are some very legitimate reports that he is frustrated with the way talks are progressing.

Hughie77

If UTD go for him, when are they going learn. Ronny will be here for 1 more season, so a young hungry striker is needed. The main one will not come here, so need to look for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.