Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's 34, scored close to 350 goals. Bayern should let him go. Forcing him to stay is a bit petty imo.
I wouldn't call it petty. Given that they wouldn't get a huge fee for him it's quite a tricky task to replace him.
Names I've read were Haller and Kalajdzic. One more season could give them the opportunity to build up a young player or maybe make a move for Schick/Nkunku, who Nagelsmann knows from Leipzig.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
While Zlatan is pretty complete, I'd say his size takes away a bit from his mobility. You'd also expect a player with his physicality to be even better in the air.

Lewandowski is big enough to bully defenders physically while also mobile enough to get in behind. Plus brilliant in the air. More perfect as a CF robot.

I'd throw prime Cavani in there as well tbh.
Ive met Lewandowski two or three times, he is not that big...but his upper body is something else. Hes built like a tank

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It just shows, even a giant like Bayern can't always keep their players either. He's probably bored of winning the Bundesliga at a canter and wants a new challenge. Can't blame him.

Why do Barca need him though, didn't they get Aubameyang not long ago.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Ive met Lewandowski two or three times, he is not that big...but his upper body is something else. Hes built like a tank
Yeah he's 6'1 but built like a tank. He's big and strong enough to dominate defenders physically was my point.

On TV he looks very tall. Many people think he's 6' 3 or something. :lol:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's 34, scored close to 350 goals. Bayern should let him go. Forcing him to stay is a bit petty imo.
Fulfilling a contract is „forcing“ him? I agree that Bayern should sell if Barca offer €40m but asking him to honor his contract is not „forcing him to stay“.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Tough few summers for Bundesliga fans with Sancho, Lewa and Haaland all leaving. Really hurts the league
Bayern have won it ten times on the bounce now. There is no 'league' as such. It's just Bayern's world and the others are mere guests invited to the party.

No wonder big players don't want to go there.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern have won it ten times on the bounce now. There is no 'league' as such. It's just Bayern's world and the others are mere guests invited to the party.

No wonder big players don't want to go there.
We were never a club to just buy "big players", we make players big because that's what big clubs do instead of pretending to be big by just buying big.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Correct me if I am wrong but imo the Prem striker who is the closest to Lewandowski in terms of playing style and player profile is a prime Raul Jiminez.

Lewandowski is a better version of him.

Shearer and Lewandowski's penalty styles are so drastically different yet both are so effective from the spot. Love it!
I think you mean Jimenez is a poor man’s version of Lewa….

Also Lewa is miles better than Shearer ever was

”Miles” better than Shearer he wasn’t/isn’t.

We can only imagine what Shearer would’ve done at a top club, if he’d have chosen United, my lord what he’d have won. I remain convinced Fergie would’ve won a couple more Champions Leagues titles if he’d have convinced Shearer to come here instead of Blackburn.
Shearer was sensational.

Last edited:

Chicharo

We can only imagine what Shearer would’ve done at a top club, if he’d have chosen United, my lord what he’d have won. I remain convinced Fergie would’ve won a couple more Champions Leagues titles if he’d have convinced Shearer to come here instead of Blackburn.
Shearer was sensational.
Him, Batistuta and Ronaldinho - I'll never stop regretting not signing at least one of them under SAF...

Zen

Him, Batistuta and Ronaldinho - I'll never stop regretting not signing at least one of them under SAF...
Not sure why Batistuta is in that to be fair, but Shearer at United just would of broke the league I think, probably win 8 on the bounce or something ludicrous. Somehow despite being the top goalscorer, he's criminally underrated. RvN only outscored a winding down and eventually retiring Shearer by 16 goals despite playing for United for instance....

He had the ability obviously, but also all the key mental attributes to succeed, probably anywhere had he chosen, in his era. All the other strikers he fended off for England we're proper into all the glitz and the glamour of the booming cool britannia 90's, he didn't give a feck about any of that, probably why he was happy to chill out in his hometown after winning his title.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

Yeah, that's what I exactly meant. Jiminez playing style is a bit similar. Both are complete enough to get in behind with pace as well as having the physicality and touch to
do the hold up stuff. Great aerially and can pull off complicated finishes; bonafide penalty takers too.

Agree with the second part. Robert Lewandowski is one of the best strikers in history for me.

Chicharo

Not sure why Batistuta is in that to be fair
If I remember correctly he was also heavily linked with us, and at the time he was a freaking beast.
But, I totally agree regarding Shearer.. With that midfield he would've scored for fun for us
As for Ronaldinho, I don't think any explanation is needed

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I think this would be an amazing signing for us. I know he isn't young but two years of this guy's goals would really help get us back into the top four, which means we could attract others in the future. Plus, he's a natural goal scorer which we need desperately right now

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't think they will force him to stay.

It's just negotiation tactics I think. If they said "Ok we'll let him go, we'll look for a successor now", other clubs would know for sure that we desperately need a new striker and prices could rise.

If we can get a player that can even remotely replace Lewy (Schick would be my favorite option by far) I think he'll go.

He did so much for us, won everything and now wants to experience something different for the last few years of his career. It's ok, I wish him all the best.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Issue with him is that at his age, the wages he requires are crazy.

Think he wants around 25M per year, and you never know how many season he will have.

In a City team, were he would have chances, then he could score many goals, but in our team, were we have 2 chances per game, the gamble his too high.

Think he will stay at Bayern and prolong his contract,

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
On the other hand keeping Lewandowski for another season would give Nagelsmann the opportunity to build up Jan Fiete Arp as his successor.

redshaw

Barcelona is a good destination for him if he moves from the Bayernliga. Only English club is maybe Chelsea if wants CL and to try the EPL.

Will be interesting to see if Barca find the money somehow/spread the cost or he reduces the wages to make the move happen. Understandably De Jong doesn't want to leave either.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't think they will force him to stay.

It's just negotiation tactics I think. If they said "Ok we'll let him go, we'll look for a successor now", other clubs would know for sure that we desperately need a new striker and prices could rise.

If we can get a player that can even remotely replace Lewy (Schick would be my favorite option by far) I think he'll go.

He did so much for us, won everything and now wants to experience something different for the last few years of his career. It's ok, I wish him all the best.
Has Schick improved recently?

sukhy

He scored 50 goals this season, how come Evra isn't campaigning for him to win the Ballon d'Or this year?

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Yeah he's 6'1 but built like a tank. He's big and strong enough to dominate defenders physically was my point.

On TV he looks very tall. Many people think he's 6' 3 or something. :lol:
That is the case, TV make them look much bigger than they are in reality. Ive met many professional footballers and when they wear normal cloths they look ...just normal.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Has Schick improved recently?
Yeah he definitely made a big step at last years EC and in this season for Leverkusen.
He may not be as lethal in front of goal as Lewy but he arguably has a better link-up play.

He's valued about the same as Darwin Nunez (70-80mio).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea would make sense for him. They do well with ageing players and really need a CF.

But I guess they aren't allowed? In which case the Barcelona links make some sense. Hopefully it expedite the FDJ transfer.
Lewandowski in his prime would have been a good way to truly test this graveyard for strikers thing we have going on at Chelsea. If he comes now and doesn't perform, his age is already a ready made excuse.

BerryBerryShrew

Yeah he definitely made a big step at last years EC and in this season for Leverkusen.
He may not be as lethal in front of goal as Lewy but he arguably has a better link-up play.

He's valued about the same as Darwin Nunez (70-80mio).
If his link up play may be better than Lewandowski's then he must be some player!

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
On the other hand keeping Lewandowski for another season would give Nagelsmann the opportunity to build up Jan Fiete Arp as his successor.
You must be kidding. Arp didn't even make at Holstein Kiel in the second division.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Shearer was sensational.
Sensational goalscorer yes. All around games aren't even close though, Lewa is quite clearly levels above.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Better goalscorer, much better all around forward, more career accomplishments, better statistically.

Shearer is a PL great, Lewandowski is one of the best strikers of all time.
I mean fair enough if you think lewa is better, I just don't think they were that different in overall quality.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Better goalscorer, much better all around forward, more career accomplishments, better statistically.

Shearer is a PL great, Lewandowski is one of the best strikers of all time.
Lewan played for a better team. I think he is better than Shearer but its not by a huge margin

Skills

Snitch
Why's he so desperate for Barcelona?

I can't remember a striker of his style really thriving at Barcelona. I mean he went up a level at Bayern a few seasons ago once they adopted a more chaotic/direct style of football imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.