Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
What's happening in Barcelona sounds like science fiction.

At this moment the club can not make any effective renewal as for example of Araújo, Gavi or Sergi Roberto...
Nor can they sign any new player, be it Kessié, Christensen, (who are in a ridiculous and dangerous situation) or any other.

And every day they say they will sign two or three new players...

To give a practical example, to sign up Di Maria for example, who is a free player, let's say with a 5 million signing bonus and 5 million Euros net per year of contract, Barcelona has to triple that value, which in this case would be 45 million Euros.

And so it would be for any other deal.

To sign up Lewandowski for example, with a deal of 40 million and a salary of 9 million Euros net, Barcelona would have to enter something like 180 million Euros beforehand.

Do you understand the dimension of the catastrophe and the lie that is going on over there?

It doesn't surprise me how easily their fans are manipulated, but I confess that it surprises me to see players like Christensen, Kessié or even Lewandowski in such a risky position.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I don’t think Bayern fans have realized they are on the wrong side of this one. It probably hurts because of how much they have enjoyed his time as a player, but a legend, at 33 years old, wanting one last challenge? It should be an amicable thank you and working towards an agreement.

I think it lacks class after everything he has done for the club. The irony of the situation is that Liverpool have stayed relatively quiet and are working towards doing what their own legend, in Mane, wants for a reasonable fee…to get to Bayern!
Lewa's newly discovered club of dreams doesn't have the funds to acquire him, though. Quite the conundrum, eh...

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
What's happening in Barcelona sounds like science fiction.

At this moment the club can not make any effective renewal as for example of Araújo, Gavi or Sergi Roberto...
Nor can they sign any new player, be it Kessié, Christensen, (who are in a ridiculous and dangerous situation) or any other.

And every day they say they will sign two or three new players...

To give a practical example, to sign up Di Maria for example, who is a free player, let's say with a 5 million signing bonus and 5 million Euros net per year of contract, Barcelona has to triple that value, which in this case would be 45 million Euros.

And so it would be for any other deal.

To sign up Lewandowski for example, with a deal of 40 million and a salary of 9 million Euros net, Barcelona would have to enter something like 180 million Euros beforehand.

Do you understand the dimension of the catastrophe and the lie that is going on over there?

It doesn't surprise me how easily their fans are manipulated, but I confess that it surprises me to see players like Christensen, Kessié or even Lewandowski in such a risky position.
If you pay €40M per lewandowski and make a 3-year contract, it would count as 13.3 and not €40M.

Barcelona is looking to close some agreements to be able to register the players.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If you pay €40M per lewandowski and make a 3-year contract, it would count as 13.3 and not €40M.
That would be the amortization of the fee paid to Bayern. I doubt Lewandowski plays for free. So €40m to Bayern and €25m p.a. gross for a 3y contract to Lewandowski is an outlay of €38m annually.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That would be the amortization of the fee paid to Bayern. I doubt Lewandowski plays for free. So €40m to Bayern and €25m p.a. gross for a 3y contract to Lewandowski is an outlay of €38m annually.
In this case Niemans is closer to reality because the issue for Barcelona isn't really cash flow,, it's about accounting. If I'm not mistaken they got the loans they needed, now they need to find a way to use it within the rules.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
In this case Niemans is closer to reality because the issue for Barcelona isn't really cash flow,, it's about accounting. If I'm not mistaken they got the loans they needed, now they need to find a way to use it within the rules.
Understood. I am not too familiar with La Liga‘s salary cap/accounting requirements.
And I agree with you: Barca’s problem is not generating cash or signing players. It is registering them.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Who said anything about the Ballon d or here?

I said if he bangs them in La Liga people won't give the "not performed in the top 2 league" excuse.

The Copa thing is your opinion. I disagree. It's a 10 team tournament which was held something 4 times in a span of 6 years. A portion of Brazil fans were cheering for the opponent in the final. Should have won the Copa long long back.
Lewa does, that’s the whole point of his move. He brings up balon d’or all the time. In a league as poor as bundesliga it’s CL or bust if he wants to win balon d’or, it’s the single biggest thing driving his move. He talks about it constantly.

And it’s pretty dumb to think bundesliga means more than Copa, bundesliga is the most lopsided league over the past decade (more than the French league). The Copa has had 3 different winners in its last 3 tourneys alone.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Lewa does, that’s the whole point of his move. He brings up balon d’or all the time. In a league as poor as bundesliga it’s CL or bust if he wants to win balon d’or, it’s the single biggest thing driving his move. He talks about it constantly.

And it’s pretty dumb to think bundesliga means more than Copa, bundesliga is the most lopsided league over the past decade (more than the French league). The Copa has had 3 different winners in its last 3 tourneys alone.
You do realise that journalists keep asking such questions for clicks, don't you??

Continental Tournaments are supposed to happen once every 4 years. Organising a 10 team tournament again and again takes away from it's glory and shine. There's a reason why there were Brazil fans rooting for Messi in the final. One of the most patronising things to see between 2 countries with one of the greatest international rivalries. But ofcourse a Messi fanboy won't get that. :lol:

This is not even taking into account that the B' d or is supposed to be an individual award and Messi was on sleep mode for around 5 months of 2021. Messi has himself won it in the past without winning a major trophy in a calendar year....

There's a reason why every other best player award went to Lewa and even France Football had to make up an award to appease the majority and had to change the rules completely after that.

GinobiliTheGOAT

You do realise that journalists keep asking such questions for clicks, don't you??

Continental Tournaments are supposed to happen once every 4 years. Organising a 10 team tournament again and again takes away from it's glory and shine. There's a reason why there were Brazil fans rooting for Messi in the final. One of the most patronising things to see between 2 countries with one of the greatest international rivalries. But ofcourse a Messi fanboy won't get that. :lol:

This is not even taking into account that the B' d or is supposed to be an individual award and Messi was on sleep mode for around 5 months of 2021. Messi has himself won it in the past without winning a major trophy in a calendar year....

There's a reason why every other best player award went to Lewa and even France Football had to make up an award to appease the majority and had to change the rules completely after that.
I love how I’m the Messi fanboy when you are the biggest Lewa homer on this forum. You downplay anything Messi does because it upsets you so much when he wins meaningful trophies and go as far as spouting nonsense that bundesliga means more than Copa. Brazil players were crying after Losing that final

While Argentina was understandably going bonkers. Hell, several months after winning Copa when Argentina played in front of their own fans again, the players were still celebrating the trophy with many many fans.

The Vegas odds had Messi as the heavy balon d’or favorite as soon as that final was won.

Lewa absolutely should have deserved 2020 balon d’or, really dumb to cancel it that year and it made no sense. Messi was not good the latter half of 2021 but again, without meaningful trophies it’s much harder to win balon d’or.

Messi in 2010 had 60 goals and assists at a time when it was practically unheard of.

nobody will care if Lewa even gets 30 goals in la liga. Even Depay, and aubamayang were tearing up la liga. All that will matter for his legacy will be trophies. If Barca continue being a doormat to Real and get knocked out in the QF nobody will care for Lewa’s legacy with another team or “performing in another league”

Lewa won’t even make top 5 in balon d’or voting this coming year. Did he fall off that hard from 6 months ago? No, he just didn’t win anything of note in the most lopsided of all the major leagues in Europe. Bayern crashing out spectacularly in CL doesn’t help, nobody remembers anything about what he did in bundesliga this season because frankly no one really cares.

Lewa is coming to Barca (and going about it in the worst way possible, and I say this as someone who would love to see him at Barca) for balon d’or. Period. It’s been constantly on his mind, he was shafted for 2020 with them canceling it and he deserved to have at least one before all is said and done.

He leads Poland to finishing dead last in their group with the NT isn’t going to cut it. He needs a meaningful trophy. If he can win la liga and at least have an SF run while getting 30 goals or so I think he can win it. But it Barca finish runner up again and go out in the QF? Pretty much no chance for him.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
I love how I’m the Messi fanboy when you are the biggest Lewa homer on this forum. You downplay anything Messi does because it upsets you so much when he wins meaningful trophies and go as far as spouting nonsense that bundesliga means more than Copa. Brazil players were crying after Losing that final

While Argentina was understandably going bonkers. Hell, several months after winning Copa when Argentina played in front of their own fans again, the players were still celebrating the trophy with many many fans.

The Vegas odds had Messi as the heavy balon d’or favorite as soon as that final was won.

Lewa absolutely should have deserved 2020 balon d’or, really dumb to cancel it that year and it made no sense. Messi was not good the latter half of 2021 but again, without meaningful trophies it’s much harder to win balon d’or.

Messi in 2010 had 60 goals and assists at a time when it was practically unheard of.

nobody will care if Lewa even gets 30 goals in la liga. Even Depay, and aubamayang were tearing up la liga. All that will matter for his legacy will be trophies. If Barca continue being a doormat to Real and get knocked out in the QF nobody will care for Lewa’s legacy with another team or “performing in another league”

Lewa won’t even make top 5 in balon d’or voting this coming year. Did he fall off that hard from 6 months ago? No, he just didn’t win anything of note in the most lopsided of all the major leagues in Europe. Bayern crashing out spectacularly in CL doesn’t help, nobody remembers anything about what he did in bundesliga this season because frankly no one really cares.

Lewa is coming to Barca (and going about it in the worst way possible, and I say this as someone who would love to see him at Barca) for balon d’or. Period. It’s been constantly on his mind, he was shafted for 2020 with them canceling it and he deserved to have at least one before all is said and done.

He leads Poland to finishing dead last in their group with the NT isn’t going to cut it. He needs a meaningful trophy. If he can win la liga and at least have an SF run while getting 30 goals or so I think he can win it. But it Barca finish runner up again and go out in the QF? Pretty much no chance for him.
Yeah you sure know why Lewandowski is going to Barca. "Period". :lol:

Everyone likes winning these individual awards but nobody moves specifically for these things. Especially at a time when Ballon d or's credibility is in the gutter. Neither is moving to Barca gonna guarantee it.

For all you know, it could just be a new challemge and trying out a new league.

No one is downplaying anything Messi does. Just because he didn't deserve it in 2021 does not mean he isn't the GOAT or one of the GOATs atleast.

I trust all the other awards like that of FIFA, IFFHS, etc way more than Vegas Odds. :lol:

And ofcourse, they'll celebrate it. It took them several attempts and lost finals and super frequently organised tournaments to finally win the Copa. Oh wait, did Vegas Odds have Argentina as the 10th most likely team to win before the Copa?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Lewa's newly discovered club of dreams doesn't have the funds to acquire him, though. Quite the conundrum, eh...
Just like Bayern haven’t bid what Mane is worth, but the club are still working towards a solution out of respect for the player.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Everyone likes winning these individual awards but nobody moves specifically for these things. Especially at a time when Ballon d or's credibility is in the gutter. Neither is moving to Barca gonna guarantee it.

No one is downplaying anything Messi does. Just because he didn't deserve it in 2021 does not mean he isn't the GOAT or one of the GOATs atleast.

I trust all the other awards like that of FIFA, IFFHS, etc way more than Vegas Odds. :lol:

And ofcourse, they'll celebrate it. It took them several attempts and lost finals and super frequently organised tournaments to finally win the Copa. Oh wait, did Vegas Odds have Argentina as the 10th most likely team to win before the Copa?
If Lewandowski and Messi played in the same team doing what they did in 2021, nobody would even have entertained the thought that Lewandowski was better.

I also disagree that nobody moves for the Ballon D'Or. It's the declared goal of many players to win one during their career. And like it or not, there's simply no way to win a truly meaningful domestic trophy playing in Germany - at least not for Bayern. So it's basically "CL or nothing". That's an issue for Bayern and also the rest of the league. It'll definitely make it harder to draw international audiences for domestic games as well as to convince elite players to join the club.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I don’t doubt a boring title race plays into wanting a new challenge and Lewa has always been fond of Spain, but ballon d’or means very much to Lewa and he talks about it all the time. He absolutely wants to win an individual award as he’s won just about every other team club trophy you could possibly win that he was eligible for.

I think you’re downplaying how much balon d’or is factoring into his move and there is nothing wrong with that being one of his big reasons. It would be such a shame if his career ends without one.

i think Lewa will do well at Barca, he’s a beast and he’s willing to take a paycut to come here. And personally, I think the narrative that he can only do it in one league is rubbish, he’s scored against every elite team possible so he’s obviously one of the best of his generation. Hopefully Bayern will let him go and Barca can sort out the crap show that is their Accounting.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
The daily Lewandowski:

copen1945

In the absence of anything meaningful going on with United, this has been good and fun. Keep it up, Roberto.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I guess good thing we missed out on him, knowing our state he would have wanted out faster than a rat in sinking ship.

copen1945

I guess good thing we missed out on him, knowing our state he would have wanted out faster than a rat in sinking ship.
He probably would have stayed until the end of his contract, collecting all and any that he can. One last payday in Europe.

Red Star One

I’m not a big fan of Lewy myself but that’s harsh, he’s always been a model professional until the recent friction between him and Hasan - and he’s not the only player to be annoyed with him

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He probably would have stayed until the end of his contract, collecting all and any that he can. One last payday in Europe.
He didn't need to, we were linked to him in 2013, he couldn't have easily made a big move to an another club and had gotten a big pay day without having to stay in the gutter.
This whole transfer saha has really made both him and the club come out in a really bad light.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I’m not a big fan of Lewy myself but that’s harsh, he’s always been a model professional until the recent friction between him and Hasan - and he’s not the only player to be annoyed with him
Fair enough but speaks out against the club that has given him so much in this manner dies leave out a bad taste to be honest.

I doubt any of the involving parties will come out of this looking better than what they did before.

copen1945

He didn't need to, we were linked to him in 2013, he couldn't have easily made a big move to an another club and had gotten a big pay day without having to stay in the gutter.
This whole transfer saha has really made both him and the club come out in a really bad light.
Loving it. It is heart-warming to know that another club has a significant amount of mess to deal with.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Loving it. It is heart-warming to know that another club has a significant amount of mess to deal with.
Well enjoy it then because its just a matter of time before we get our own mess to deal with again :nervous:

Suedesi

I feel if the Bayern board caves, other Bayern players will take notice and use the same media tactics in the future to get out of their contracts. If anything Bayern are less likely to agree a fee after all the media declarations by Lewa and Zahavi.

Barca are playing it wrong

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Basically, no one cares how many goals he scores or how many titles he wins in Germany. Premier league or Real Madrid or Barcelona are the only places where his accomplishments would be properly acknowledge. Real Madrid has Benzema so we became an easy target to come and become the star player.

LoneStar

Basically, no one cares how many goals he scores or how many titles he wins in Germany. Premier league or Real Madrid or Barcelona are the only places where his accomplishments would be properly acknowledge. Real Madrid has Benzema so we became an easy target to come and become the star player.
But surely it’s going to be difficult for Barca to win the La Liga or the CL in the next 2 years. But i suppose he doesn’t have a lot of clubs to choose from if he wants the money and a chance of success. Maybe PSG or Liverpool.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
maybe he could have scored 45 if he listened to advice. Nobody is perfect.
It wasn't a serious post, "He spoke truth" was so commonly used when defending poor managers, it sort of became a meme.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Year of course. Joining a club in financial disarray, which Bayern has beaten 8:2, 4:0 and 3:0 in the last games will provide Lewandowski the right platform to win the balloon d'Or.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This indecisiveness from Bayern on the striker issue might cost them prime options such as Austrian attack ace Sasa Kalajdzic:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Everyone should be able to take constructive feedback. Maybe he scores more goals if he listened to the coach
It wasn't a serious post, "He spoke truth" was so commonly used when defending poor managers, it sort of became a meme.
It wasn't a serious post, looks like "he spoke truth" isn't as popular as I thought.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
This indecisiveness from Bayern on the striker issue might cost them prime options such as Austrian attack ace Sasa Kalajdzic:

Oh yeah, I really, really hope Dortmund doesn't sign him before us... *coughs*

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Year of course. Joining a club in financial disarray, which Bayern has beaten 8:2, 4:0 and 3:0 in the last games will provide Lewandowski the right platform to win the balloon d'Or.
Messi got it "only" scoring 30 goals and winning a Copa del Rey. Simply winning La liga and scoring over 30 goals will get him the prize unless some player like Benzema carries his team to another champions league.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That would probably happen, if Salihamidciz presented a guy who scored 6 goals last season as the replacement of Lewandowski.
So you're more optimistic about the guy who would be a backup option of the guy who scored 6 goals last season.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Hurry up and sign that guy already!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hurry up and sign that guy already!
Seriously though, why are you guys so against Kalajdzic. It looks like Nagelsmann and Brazzo intend to commit heavily to Mane as Lewandowski's successor and then only want to sign a cheap-ish backup striker to have a plan B.

I think on one hand Kalajdzic appears to have the perfect player profile for that role and you also have to wonder who else you think Bayern will sign for about €20m that's supposedly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.